Sister Wives

I will have to play catch up, as I have decided that the Olympics is much better TV than this these days... (Am I allowed to call this show "drivel" here? Because I'm pretty sure that's what it is now...)

I have children who have grown to be great human beings but they certainly weren't self-sufficient "adults" at age 18. They were smart and hardworking but still needed guidance from their parents (though they sometimes didn't believe they did). If my husband had demanded I choose between my children at that age I would have told him to pound sand, and I love him dearly. Kody wants his wives to cut their children loose and be available at his convenience. Its beyond sad. I can't imagine any marriage, plural or not, that could be considered enviable with those stipulations. Kody just isn't a nice person, he is just a dictator who has realized his kingdom is dissolving. His older children show much more maturity and sense than he does. I continue to be shocked.

I can’t believe Kody admits he’s not in love with Janelle or Meri. So what’s he even doing?

And Robyn whining how her youngest doesn’t even remember her siblings names. Well that’s on your parenting Robyn. All this whining from Robyn about how the other wives don’t want to make an effort. Do you Robyn? Do you say “Hey Ari let’s see if your sister so-and-so wants to FaceTime?” Likely not, bcuz she is glad it’s just her and Kody and her kids.

I can’t believe Kody admits he’s not in love with Janelle or Meri. So what’s he even doing?

And Robyn whining how her youngest doesn’t even remember her siblings names. Well that’s on your parenting Robyn. All this whining from Robyn about how the other wives don’t want to make an effort. Do you Robyn? Do you say “Hey Ari let’s see if your sister so-and-so wants to FaceTime?” Likely not, bcuz she is glad it’s just her and Kody and her kids.
Yes, that’s another point that annoys me. Robyn whines about the family not getting together, but they seem to only want it Kody’s way. They could get together outdoors and have family activities even with distancing, but that might take a little extra work/creativity. They could have family Zoom/FaceTime nights or rotate through different family members. Robyn could bring out photos of the siblings and talk about them or encourage her younger ones to draw pictures for different family members that Kody (the only one going house to house) can deliver and ask for letters/pictures back. But they can’t do any of those things because then Kody doesn’t get to be the dictator requiring loyalty and Robyn can’t cry about how no one likes her or her children.

Also, you can’t expect an 18-year old to have the same type of sibling relationship with a 5-year old that they have with a same age sibling. Even if they were all in the same house, the relationships would be different. She, the supposed adult, still holds a grudge against Hunter because a teen didn’t drop everything to make her and her newborn feel special enough.

Does kody only have tender age children with Robyn? He seems to only be concerned with Robyn’s young kids. Pretty sure he still has under 18 kids with Janelle and Christine that he seems to have zero interest in.

He is coming across terribly in the sit down interviews. Very unlikeable and just an all around selfish person.

I did like hearing Christine and Kody's take on the celestial outcome on the divorce. And the church's role and power. They were not only in tandem, but for a split second it seemed like Kody respects Christine.

Kody has his opinion on celestial marriage, but it takes more than a ceremony to make it eternal. They have to actually live up to their marital promises, and not adapt the rules as they go along. A "higher power" -- not Kody -- will be the judge of that.

Kody has his opinion on celestial marriage, but it takes more than a ceremony to make it eternal. They have to actually live up to their marital promises, and not adapt the rules as they go along. A "higher power" -- not Kody -- will be the judge of that.

So true. And also true of many followers of any particular faith. Emphasize what they like and ignore or twist what doesn’t serve their desires.

Does kody only have tender age children with Robyn? He seems to only be concerned with Robyn’s young kids. Pretty sure he still has under 18 kids with Janelle and Christine that he seems to have zero interest in.

He is coming across terribly in the sit down interviews. Very unlikeable and just an all around selfish person.
The only other minors left in the family are Christine's Truley who is about 11 and Janelle's Savanah who is 17 or 18. Ysabel is almost 19 and away at college.

Exactly.

But then again it is because that the truth for him. I honestly do not think he ever loved any of his wives in the manner that the West deems appropriate for marriage. Not necessary of course, he could simply choose to do better. And does not. And scolds them for their lack of loyalty when he shows none to them.

I think he felt things for Robyn that were not there before. I will not say in love, because I do not think he is capable. But something. In addition to the fact she obeys.

He is in a monogamous marriage and should just say so, and go live it.
I completely agree, I don't think he ever loved any of them.

As an outsider looking in / my opinion, he married the 1st three because that is what he was supposed to do. Gather wives, have children, populate the earth and gain accolades in heaven. "Love" was never a factor for Cody. The marriages were tasks to be completed.

Now his needs are fulfilled with Robin, she is giving him young children, and he is done with the other three but does not want to give them up as part of his family.

It is a hard show to watch.

Truely will be 12 in April. Savanah will be 18 in Dec. And Ysabel will be 19 in March.
And while we don't know when the tell all was filmed, much of what was shown this season was filmed more than a year ago. So Ysabel was still under 18 at the time he refused to be with, or even to hug her, when she was going for surgery.

I completely agree, I don't think he ever loved any of them.

As an outsider looking in / my opinion, he married the 1st three because that is what he was supposed to do. Gather wives, have children, populate the earth and gain accolades in heaven. "Love" was never a factor for Cody. The marriages were tasks to be completed.

Now his needs are fulfilled with Robin, she is giving him young children, and he is done with the other three but does not want to give them up as part of his family.

It is a hard show to watch.

I do think he wants he them to leave. I read somewhere he said he was relieved that Christine left and he clearly doesn't want Meri around.

He seems to be in a monogamous relationship with Robyn, and has/had 3 baby mamas that he sees every once in awhile.

I really am perplexed how Kody could treat his "wives" like this and they've stuck around for so long. I can understand polygamy if there's affection, intimacy, and love between the partners, but that clearly isn't the case here. I guess we all need different things out of our relationships. I just can't wrap my mind around this being acceptable.

And while we don't know when the tell all was filmed, much of what was shown this season was filmed more than a year ago. So Ysabel was still under 18 at the time he refused to be with, or even to hug her, when she was going for surgery.

So Ysabel was a tender aged child having major surgery and he wouldn’t even hug her. So much for all of his blustery talk of taking care of his tender age children that need him so much.

A "higher power" -- not Kody -- will be the judge of that.

But here's the thing, that is exactly what Kody said - that God will be the one to determine.

(I liked your post because I truly enjoy/appreciate hearing differing viewpoints on these issues.)

Last edited:
So true. And also true of many followers of any particular faith. Emphasize what they like and ignore or twist what doesn’t serve their desires.

I just did not take it that way on Kody's thoughts on it all. He is still noting that God will decide.
( Although I do believe he emphasizes what he wants and needs, agreed. )

Oh! I also thought that Robyn and Janelle's conversation about working on their relationship - Robyn wanting to - was interesting. Meaning Janelle was interesting!

And all episode I thought "Oh Meri, what if?" as was she not the one that introduced Robyn to the family and Kody?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter