• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skipper Canteen - recent reviews?

We dined here in December and absolutely loved it! Food was really good. Despite the exotic sound, like others mentioned, the flavors are relatively mild. The ambiance and decor are lovely and the servers are fun. Ours wasn't overboard with the jokes just a few here and there. Service was excellent. We will definitely be back.

They had me until cilantro! :crazy2: (Actually, I haven't been, but several dishes at least sound tasty.)

May. Second for me, third or fourth for DS. Requested a small room since the big room feels like a food court. We got it, and that was nice. Server was good, not over the top but outgoing. Food was okay, nothing special, certainly not worth the price. I have no plans to return unless maybe I have DDP and can ignore the prices.

I went last Xmas. Did not care for the food, The best thing our table of six ordered was the Curried Vegetable Crew Stew. All of our others dishes - Sustainable Fish, Baa Baa Berber Lamb Chops, "Tastes like Chicken" - Because it is!, Trader Sam's Head-on Shrimp and then the kid's noodle soup bowl - were lackluster. But I always tell people - your mileage may vary. I certainly like some things other people don't and vice versa!

May. Second for me, third or fourth for DS. Requested a small room since the big room feels like a food court. We got it, and that was nice. Server was good, not over the top but outgoing. Food was okay, nothing special, certainly not worth the price. I have no plans to return unless maybe I have DDP and can ignore the prices.

I second this. Though I think my food was really good. I think that if you're at the MK, and you have the chance to go to a restaurant you've never been to, you absolutely should.

I had the steak there which was super bland (had much better steak at Sci Fi- and that place isnt' all that fancy). I wish I would have gotten the Egyptian Mac and Cheese, or the Pho noodle soup instead. Or the Pork, which I hear is decent. I also had a waiter that played it 100% straight, no schtick at all (which I know goes over differently for different folks).

Not horrible, but not impressive either.

Did you make it out alive?

Haha. Yes.

I had the whole fried fish, which was delicious and less intimidating than I expected. Highly recommend, although it did run a bit salty.

Cachapas yummy and the punch with the spicy rim was a real winner.

Not impressed by the coconut bar.

Server acted normal and was A+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter