• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skipper Canteen, which room is best?

Ooh I would be interested in opinions too. First time for us in less than a week.

Dan

We have been in all 3.
The main room has a lot to look at, but its large and tends to be noisy.
Prefer the SEA room (library) best and then the jungle room next. Had better servers in both of the smaller rooms. They seemed to be more in character.

We have been in all 3.
The main room has a lot to look at, but its large and tends to be noisy.
Prefer the SEA room (library) best and then the jungle room next. Had better servers in both of the smaller rooms. They seemed to be more in character.

Main room is like a food court, loud and less immersive. We didn't like it. After two tries we now request one of the smaller rooms and tell them we are willing to wait for it.

do you just tell them when you check in which room you wish to be seated?

Yes. I haven't asked since Covid though because they weren't allowing requests like that due to distancing. Now that restaurants are at full capacity again it'll probably be fine. Just be prepared to wait sometimes, or for it to not be available.

Thinking back when we went in late 2015 we juuuust missed the opening by a few days. Then we didn't get back till 2017 to go here. Since then we've been several times and it's hard to imagine a time without this staple of Adventureland. I suggest don't ask too many questions. Just go with it... Part of the fun of this restaurant is the discovery so don't seek out the fun bits in advance!

I hope to get a reservation for Skipper. Which room is best to eat in for a first time visit?

Not the OP here, but thank you everyone for your replies. We are willing to wait for a good table.We did not even realize that there were different rooms at skipper canteen. We are going there twice during our upcoming trip just a couple of days out. For what it’s worth, we also don’t like being in the main cafeteria feeling spaces. At Be our Guest we always chose the rose room rather than the big central room or the dark “West Wing?”.

at Coral reef in Epcot, we would always request to wait to be in one of the half circle booths right in front of the aquarium wall as well. For how seldom you get to be at these locations it’s worth the extra wait in my opinion

Dan

Going to the Skipper Canteen for the first time this fall. As a huge fan of Jungle Cruise, don't know why we never went!

Didn't even think about requesting a specific room, so this thread has helped a lot. Will definitely make some notes for our next trip :)

I like the S.E.A. (the library looking room) and Jungle (room with parrot lights) rooms because they're smaller. If you're into the whole S.E.A. backstory, that room has a lot of fun easter eggs in the books and stuff on the walls.
Oh my! I don't even know what the S.E.A. is or that there are books! Like the advice in the thread though, hoping to eat there for the first time in Sept. Off to Google!

Ah, I do remember the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island

I always request one of the two smaller rooms because I am hard of hearing and I can hear my table mates better in those rooms. We really like everything about this restaurant and visit often. I remember when the Tinkerbell meet and greet used to be in this space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter