Skull Island: Reign of Kong

It seems the walls around Kong are going down overnight tonight, doesn't necessarily mean it'll be "soft opening" but it's much much closer.

We'll be there next weekend. Not expecting to be able to ride in a soft opening, but it would be nice to be pleasantly surprised.

My husband and I are getting excited. I tell him I am on the boards everyday to see if there are soft openings and someone has wrote about it. I am hoping we hear something soon getting anxious we will be there in the Fall and we cant wait to hear all about it.

Yeah, walls are still up. It's a few times I've gotten bad reports now. I suspect they won't come down until after the grad events are done at the earliest. The last of these is May 20th. (not the 19th, I was looking at the 2017 calendar by mistake)

Last edited:
Yeah, walls are still up. It's a few times I've gotten bad reports now. I suspect they won't come down until after the grad events are done at the earliest. The last of these is May 19th.
I thought I read that they are on Friday nights? Is the last May 20th then?:goodvibes
HOPING for the walls to come down SOON!:wizard::banana:

Walls still not down.

Sounds like there are still a few things they want to do.

Glad you posted that
I read it in Twitter earlier

It gives hope to those that will be at ioa this month

This shows a brief clip of the big Kong animatronic, so be aware if you don't want to be spoiled: http://www.wesh.com/orlandomyway/or...e-skull-island-reign-of-kong-opening/39557760

--

The legendary beast that will appear in the new 3-D ride is three-stories tall, 18 feet wide at his shoulders and has a head larger than an automobile, according to Universal Orlando. The beast also has several "distinctive scars."

During the ride, guests will come "face-to-face" with King Kong and get "so close they'll feel his breath sweep across their skin and his thunderous roar reverberate through every bone in their body,"

kong.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter