Skull Island: Reign of Kong

When a new ride first opens they usually don't operate the express lines

Ep lines will open at a later time period
That is how they did it when past rides first opened up
I'm thinking TF and Shrek

wil be interesting to see if IoA is early entry park once Kong opens

I wish it wasn't so hot and I didn't have to work so much, or I'd be going to Uni all the time to see what's up.

Quick notes from someone who rode in the last hour:
"Wow, that was awesome. Rode 2x. I think the right side is the best. Kong animatronic on right. Rode front and back. The back is better..."
"Little different story at beginning and end depending on "driver". Definitely one to ride multiple times. Best queue in entire park."

VERY COOL! :cool1:

Pleeeeeease open soon! Our trip to Universal is getting close, and this is such a tease!!!!!

Can't wait to ride this in August!!!
I remember riding the Kong ride back in the 90's all the time and obviously this one is going to be better!

Yup. We were there last week. Sea World on Monday, and Mako's soft opening was Wednesday. We were in IOA last Sunday and Kong started test rides with real people on Saturday. Story of my life. A dollar short and a day...early.

We enjoyed watching the Hulk test runs. At first I thought there were storm troopers in the seats. lol

Not sure if it has been discussed on this thread already, but I just read an article saying that there will be scare actors in the queue of this ride? Also, that the height restriction is only 34"?? Any truth in this? :)

Not sure if it has been discussed on this thread already, but I just read an article saying that there will be scare actors in the queue of this ride? Also, that the height restriction is only 34"?? Any truth in this? :)

Yes....from what I hear it's just 2 actors and they are not up close to ppl. It's not like HHN where the pop out and scare you. But we'll see when it opens.

Yes....from what I hear it's just 2 actors and they are not up close to ppl. It's not like HHN where the pop out and scare you. But we'll see when it opens.
Thanks! I'm wondering about the height requirement. Seems low... Especially since Cat in the Hat and Trolley in the Sky have higher height requirements.

Thanks! I'm wondering about the height requirement. Seems low... Especially since Cat in the Hat and Trolley in the Sky have higher height requirements.

Height requirements are for safety reasons. Both those rides have harnesses and move so you can't have kids falling out.

Height requirements are for safety reasons. Both those rides have harnesses and move so you can't have kids falling out.
Thanks again @Jonny_Duck. Just one last question, this ride does not have any harnesses? I'm just wondering because my 2 year old has reach 35" so if this is true, he can technically ride this. (Not sure if we would take him) :P

Thanks again @Jonny_Duck. Just one last question, this ride does not have any harnesses? I'm just wondering because my 2 year old has reach 35" so if this is true, he can technically ride this. (Not sure if we would take him) :P

I don't believe it does. I've kinda avoided hunting down all the first hand experiences on the ride since I don't want to be completely spoiled but from what I've heard it's just a big 72 person truck with no harness.

Rode it also was on the right side but it seemed that the left side was more animated. We had a female driver cannot remember her name but would love to ride it with each driver character. Standing in line for 2-3 hours is not an ideal fun day but to stand in line if express were to open I would do it just to get the experience of each character and story line.

I don't believe it does. I've kinda avoided hunting down all the first hand experiences on the ride since I don't want to be completely spoiled but from what I've heard it's just a big 72 person truck with no harness.
True...no harness just closed doors on vehicle.

I rode it with my almost three year old last weekend. The height limit is 36 inches.

The scare actors do pop out at you on 2-3 occasions. They did not jump out at my kid, so she wasn't upset by them.

The ride itself is too scary for most small kids. My kid was ok, but that's cause I told her that everyone was just playing with our car. She did take her 3D glasses off at one point cause the ride was too intense for her with them on.

Last edited:
I rode it with my almost three year old last weekend. The height limit is 36 inches.

The scare actors do pop out at you on 2-3 occasions. They did not jump out at my kid, so she wasn't upset by them.

The ride itself is too scary for most small kids. My kid was ok, but that's cause I told to her and told her that everyone was just playing with our car. She did take her 3D glasses off at one point cause the ride was too intense for her with them on.
Thanks so much!! We plan to go in December so I might just go through the ride queue with him and do a swap. Really glad to know they won't jump out on my 2 year old. He is 35" right now so not sure if he would make the height requirement anyway. :) thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter