Skyauctions $199 sale (plus $20 admin fees) is back!

I am so close to pulling the trigger and buying two of these, as I'm pretty flexible with our dates for this fall (and it shows availibility). I've never stayed off-property, and I'm nervous! But it's so so CHEAP! What to do, what to do....

As Spicey said.. Do It!!!
I use to love onsite Disney, but you really can't beat SkyAuction when they have these deals. It outshines Disney as far as what you get for your $$$$$ :thumbsup2 My DH has now converted to offsite and condo's thanks to SkyAuction. Don't get me wrong, for a short stay, Disney is great, but for the 7+ nighters, I like my space and the fact I can have a meal in the room. :goodvibes There have been times that we did a SkyAuction week then went onsite for another 5 nights or so.

Okay, you all MADE me do it....I bought two. :faint:

Eeeee!!! I am so nervous!!! :scared: But happy, too, because that is a HECK of a deal.

I had 7 nights Poly concierge booked for a small fortune...now I have 14 nights in Orlando for a teeeeeeny bit of that. I guess now we can go check out Universal as well as doing the Disney thing, maybe throw in SeaWorld to boot. LOOK what happens when I wander out of the Disney Resorts thread!!!

Of course NOW I have to feed myself instead of doing the dining plan, but I've been feeding myself for years, surely I can get by. :rotfl:

I have no idea about which resort I want, etc....of course I don't have my certificates via email yet, but I am so excited!

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions for you all about which resorts you suggest, and I suppose I should start by reading this thread, huh? :rolleyes:

Okay, you all MADE me do it....I bought two. :faint:

Eeeee!!! I am so nervous!!! :scared: But happy, too, because that is a HECK of a deal.

I had 7 nights Poly concierge booked for a small fortune...now I have 14 nights in Orlando for a teeeeeeny bit of that. I guess now we can go check out Universal as well as doing the Disney thing, maybe throw in SeaWorld to boot. LOOK what happens when I wander out of the Disney Resorts thread!!!

Of course NOW I have to feed myself instead of doing the dining plan, but I've been feeding myself for years, surely I can get by. :rotfl:

I have no idea about which resort I want, etc....of course I don't have my certificates via email yet, but I am so excited!

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions for you all about which resorts you suggest, and I suppose I should start by reading this thread, huh? :rolleyes:

When you are ready to pick your resort, just come here with questions. I am sure someone here will have answers and reccomendations for you! Congradulations and you will not regret it. As far as feeding yourself, think of it this way, you will have a full kitchen in your unit. You can make your family full meals, snacks or what ever you want.. and you can STILL go out to eat when you want :thumbsup2 There is nothing better than having a full size fridge for your night snack when you get home from a park or your morning breakfast before heading out to the parks :goodvibes You can eat balanced meals too.. not just fast grab and go meals... get your veggies and milk in :woohoo: :lmao: my DD hates when I tell her that :lmao:

My AP rates are up for the HHN tkts.. now I can book my unit :cool1: :yay: :woohoo: There aren't any 3 bedrooms, but Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort & Orlando International Resort Club both have 2 bedrooms that sleep 6. I know Cypress is decent but not sure about the Orlando International Resort. Anyone have any suggestions... Spicey.. where are you.. ;)

Hi Can someone point me to the link of the exact page for the $199 sale? I'm on the Skyauction site and I can't find it. thankyou

Never mind I found it, thanks anyway

Mickeyfan:

I just booked a three bedroom at Grand Beach for Halloween week using my getawayweeks certificate. It was available just a few days ago. They may offer another one for your dates. You never know what will become available.

That said, I love Cypress Pointe GV. It is an easy drive up Turkey Lake Road to Universal. The other resort is even closer, but looks more like converted apartments than a resort. It is very close to the Outlets and Sweet Tomatoes. I only drove by it, but decided it would make a great base for visit to Universal.

Mickeyfan:

I just booked a three bedroom at Grand Beach for Halloween week using my getawayweeks certificate. It was available just a few days ago. They may offer another one for your dates. You never know what will become available.

That said, I love Cypress Pointe GV. It is an easy drive up Turkey Lake Road to Universal. The other resort is even closer, but looks more like converted apartments than a resort. It is very close to the Outlets and Sweet Tomatoes. I only drove by it, but decided it would make a great base for visit to Universal.

Thanks for the info. I called a little bit ago to book Cypress Pointe GV and when all was said and done I asked what happens in the even of a hurricane (since the week of 9/27 is prime hurricane season & I am booking so far out) & she said I would forfit my week :sad2: I did not book. I am going to wait until it is closer to my time frame. I just posted a thread on this. I live in SW FL and don't feel comfortable booking this far out knowing I will have to forfit in the event of a hurricane.. last year I didn't book this far out. I want to say I booked in Sept for the first week of Oct, and I honestly did not think of asking what would happen in the event of a hurricane. I don't know what made me ask tonight :idea: but I am glad I did think of it before I hung up the phone. Once you hang up, those ressies are yours and you cannot change them. I will have to take my chances on getting a unit that I want when my time frame comes closer. Call me paraniod, but after getting nearly $50,000 worth of damage done by Charley, I don't want to be stuck having to forfit due to a storm.. either me getting hit or one hitting Orlando. :sad2: I have 5 dogs that I would have to think of and could not take them to that condo with me & there would be NO WAY I would leave them alone in my house during a hurricane. They are like my children (sometimes better, they don't answer back :lmao: ) I would be having someone watch them if I were going away, but could not expect them to due it during a storm.

Again, thanks for the info, at least I have an idea on what the other resort is like. Who knows, by the time I am ready to book, they may have more 3 bedrooms. I will feel safe booking in the begining of Sept. By then, what ever is brewing in the waters, they would have a general idea of what is to come of it... know it is tooooooooo early to tell....;) and I pray nothing brews ever this summer/fall.. I hate hurricane season :headache:

Mickeyfan:

I just booked a three bedroom at Grand Beach for Halloween week using my getawayweeks certificate. It was available just a few days ago. .

You totally took my room!!!! That 3 bedroom was the whole reason I did the skyauction!! :laughing:

You totally took my room!!!! That 3 bedroom was the whole reason I did the skyauction!! :laughing:

Aha.. now we know the culprit... :rotfl: so that was the week you were going. There should be another.. :goodvibes just keep checking. Remember, the inventory changes all the time, what is there now isn't there later & what comes later isn't here now.. :upsidedow :thumbsup2

have either of you all ever stayed there? I see it turn up on AFVC, but I don't hear of many people that have actually stayed there.

have either of you all ever stayed there? I see it turn up on AFVC, but I don't hear of many people that have actually stayed there.

I have and it was nice. The furniture in the unit I had was in need of an update. They were in the process of doing it when I stayed. The units are spacious and they had 3 bathrooms :cool1: There were TV's in each of the 3 bedrooms. They had a nice laundry room area, a really nice screened in porch with a ceiling fan. We didn't swim in the pool so I can't tell you much about that. The commute to Disney, Universal & SeaWorld is not bad. Disney is super easy. Only down side is the entrance when you have to cross over traffic, there is no light. There is covered parking & uncovered as well. I liked the uncovered, the spots felt larger for some reason. I can't remember if there was free internet in the room, I didn't take my laptop.

Chelley:

Sorry for snagging your room but I really love Grand Beach. I've stayed there a few times. The key to that resort is checking in early so you can change rooms if you get a poor location. Some rooms overlook an electrical substation.

Building 1 is my favorite. Some of the rooms in that building overlook a pond and the swimming pool.

Pros:
Three bedrooms and three baths - two rooms are master suites (one has whirlpool tub, one soaking tub). The masters are at separate ends for privacy.

Nice pool with some entertainment on certain days.

Beautiful walking path by lake. Laying in the hammocks at the edge of Little Lake Bryan is heavenly.

Cons: Hard tile floors in kitchen - bring slippers. Chairs from other units
scrape against the floor.

Parking around some buildings is too tight. We sometimes had to park far away from our building.

Turning left onto 535 is unsafe. We always went right and flipped around at the official turn around.

The midweek cleaning person stole a $30 hairbrush. I would never think to lock up my hairbrushes.

For $200/week, the condo is a real bargain.

I have booked many getawayweek stays close to my travel time. I find that three weeks out is often good, especially for busy periods (February). The new system says that reservations must be made at least 10 days ahead of time, but I don't see why. It only took a day to get the confirmation emailed to me.

I never tell anyone during my trip how I booked the room or how little I paid. I pretend I exchanged for it (since that is how it shows up on their system). I'd hate to have others complain and have this amazing deal from Skyauction end.

bearzabout- Thanks for all the info on Grand Beach. That's my first choice, hopefully it will show up again!

I have a question about when the inventory changes. Is it random? or is it common for it to happen at a certain time of the week. I thought I read awhile back that it commonly changes on a Sun night. Does anyone have an idea on that? Thanks Grammy

If anyone is interested in the three bedrooms at grand beach for March, April and May of 2009 there are some weeks showing up right now!

But you guys are making me want to. I have a trip planned to Orlando for Nov and wouldn't use it then (staying at Nick for the $99 a night deal then the Comfort Inn LBV for the $34/night deal, then company is paying for 4 nights at Gaylord for a conference).

Is there any expiration on these certificates. Do I need to book it by a certain date? Do I need to travel by a certain date?

THANKS for the info!

For $200 - I know I would use it at some point - just not sure that I will know WHEN by the end of this year.

They expire Nov 30, 2009, and today is the last day to buy them.

I'm totally regretting this. I still haven't received my certificates, and Skyauctions customer service just stinks about getting back to you to let you know why. It's making me totally nervous that they day the auction ended for me there were 3 bedrooms available for both the weeks we bought. Now since they've taken so long to get my certificate to me, there are no 3 bedrooms available, and I'm going to have to squish 6 of us (possibly 7 now) into a 2 bedroom. And since there are now no resorts that have back to back availability during our time frame, we're going to have to pack up midweek and change resorts.

I sent them 2 emails asking them to cancel since they took my money within seconds, yet it's taken them so long to get my certificate to me, but I haven't heard anything back yet (of course)

You know, I used SA twice a few years ago and got everything immediately. Now I'm having the same problem as you are. I don't understand it. I won this on 6/30 and have received nothing except the initial email saying I won. I emailed them and got the same response as you, that it would take a day or two...why?:confused3 I just emailed them again and told them since I have not received what I paid for I expect a refund. Really, I'd love it if they would just send it to me though. I'll let you know if I hear anything from them...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter