Sleepydog's Dining Reviews w/Pics--FINAL THOUGHTS!

You guys eat like I do--smaller plates on the lighter side and plenty of wine! Loved your reviews! :)
I used to be a bigger eater, but Luv helped convince me that large portions aren't a) necessary and b) not great for my waist and c) it saves money. I think we both faced that realization several years ago after our second go around with the deluxe dining plan. There was too much food, and we'd leave too many meals feeling stuffed. By going with small plates (when offered) or splitting entrees, we eat less, feel better, and save money.

Never tried Tutto Gusto...looks yummy!
It's an excellent spot! It's a master of small plating as there are so many options you can try, plus you can order from Tutto Italia next door. As mentioned, we prefer to get there early when they open and that way secure one of the small loungers in the alcove to the right. It's cozy, comfy, and quiet. One of our fave spots at Disney!

Closing thoughts.

Overall, we continue to enjoy our dining experiences at Disney. There are still some fine venues out there; however, the value for most of them comes from the experience of being at Disney, not in bang for your buck. Sure, the occasional surprise exists with Sanaa coming first to mind. Their bread service is both adventurous (at least as Disney food goes), tasty, and inexpensive. Yet, those gems are increasingly rare to find.

The clear emphasis by Disney is to save money wherever possible (with the flip side of that being they make money that way), so you get fewer creative meals and far less for your money. Some have argued that the ultimate cause was the advent of "free" dining, and certainly, you can't discount the fact that menus have become more homogenized and overall quality has suffered. For me, however, the true issue lies with Disney itself. In general, the imagination and creativity sparked by their commitment to customer service has shrunken the past 5-7 years, and it continues.

But, I digress. Food at Disney will always be a part of our experiences there and, in fact, Luv and I can point to many meals as encompassing that Disney magic. Nonetheless, we find ourselves eating differently, viewing dining as select experiences rather than as a major part of our visits. It would appear the same to many on these boards as I've noticed, for example, that there are fewer TRs and DRs than in years past. My guess is that dining used to be a part of the magic. . .now, it's part of the process.

At any rate, thanks for stopping by, for joining in. We hope we entertained at least a little. Til next time, and in the words of Alton Brown, "good eats!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter