Slinky Dog Dash - rate this compared to SDMT and Barnstormer

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
How intense is Slinky Dog compared to SDMT and Barnstormer? Smoother, faster, more drops, etc? Details please!

My 18 yr old daughter does not like Slinky dog multiple hills up and down in a row. She does not like the feeling. She will ride SDMT and Space MT.

I get motion sickness and do not like roller coasters. But I went on all 3 of these since my son wanted to. He loved them all. Barnstomer didn't make me feel sick - it's a little bumpy and jerky though and very short. Mine Train was fine - didn't bother me but did have some big drops that I wasn't used to. It was also really short. Slinky dog was like mine train but I felt like the "car" tilts on its side a little. Mine train I feel like stays flat on the track where slinky dog seems to rotate. It could just be me but that's what it felt like. Slink dog made me a little queasy. But these are the only roller coasters I've ever been on and I even get car sick. I would do them all again (since he will want to) but maybe take a motion sickness pill before slinky dog. My son gets car sick too and none of these rides bothered him.

I get motion sickness and do not like roller coasters. But I went on all 3 of these since my son wanted to. He loved them all. Barnstomer didn't make me feel sick - it's a little bumpy and jerky though and very short. Mine Train was fine - didn't bother me but did have some big drops that I wasn't used to. It was also really short. Slinky dog was like mine train but I felt like the "car" tilts on its side a little. Mine train I feel like stays flat on the track where slinky dog seems to rotate. It could just be me but that's what it felt like. Slink dog made me a little queasy. But these are the only roller coasters I've ever been on and I even get car sick. I would do them all again (since he will want to) but maybe take a motion sickness pill before slinky dog. My son gets car sick too and none of these rides bothered him.

Thanks. The drops do seem more nauseating for sure.

Slinky Dog and SD are much smoother than Barnstormer and longer as well. I do not like Barnstormer because I feel it is too bumpy. I ride SD and Slinky and love them, but I will not ride Big Thunder or Everest or Space Mtn

Seven dwarfs mine cars can sway side to side. The result of that makes for a very smooth ride tailored to the weight of the occupants.

SDD is smoother than SDMT and the drops and turns are more pronounced. My 3 year-old loved both of them with Slinky being his favorite. My mom, who has vertigo and can't do spinners and doesn't like Expedition Everest, was fine on both.

I agree all 3 are similar in intensity BUT SDD seems a bit more intense because of how it is built. Most of 7DMT is built into the ground, while SDD is all built up with nothing around it. Makes it seem higher/faster than it looks when you're not on it. It's a blast!!

I loved SDMT, SM, and Big Thunder but would not go on SDD. I took the chicken exit when I realized they were putting us in the back. My kids rode with my husband and father and my kids did not like it. My husband said it’s much more intense than the MK rides. I may try it next time but only if we’re in the front. I offered to try again on our last HS day but my kids said nope.

I am not a roller coaster person at all !! That being said, I have never rode the Barn Stormer, ride SDMT every time and was one and done for SDD. It was too much for me.

I am a ride wimp.
took me years; yes -years to even ride dinosaur 🦖
It’s now my favourite ride in ak!

As with a pp-I can feel the drop in pirates & frozen ever after too..
Splash mountain was once & done..just awful.

i scream on barnstormer; young children turn around and laugh at me
Drops are not my thing!
I like it & enjoy it’s thrill .

7 dwarves is great fun.
the theming is amazing.
I find the drops are quite intense, but doable.

big thunder is my favorite by far out of the 3.
I love the twisting and turning & the clunking sensation.

slinky dog was the first ride I had ever experienced whereby my legs were affected..
Kind of a numbness mixed with goosebumps
it only happened once-but I was not prepared for the intensity of the ride at all.
It’s Cute & fun but it’s also terrifying.

as I further insight into my ride levels (or lack thereof)
I rode Everest and swore at my dh
I’ve even done tot and survived..but was petrified!

I do however love space mountain.
I find it exhilarating .

I usually love rides at Disney because of how they are built into the scenary. I was a little skeptical of SDD because I am not generally a roller coaster fan. I loved it though. My husband laughed as it's not that intense compared to what he deems real roller coasters (we live near Cedar Point) but I thought it was scary enough to be fun but not really scary. It's probably on par with Big Thunder.

SDD is smoother than SDMT and the drops and turns are more pronounced. My 3 year-old loved both of them with Slinky being his favorite. My mom, who has vertigo and can't do spinners and doesn't like Expedition Everest, was fine on both.

I also have vertigo. I was curious how someone with vertigo might do on SDD. I did ok on SDMT.

I hate the drops in roller coasters, I mean for me even pirates it's too much! But I loved SDD, SDM and BTMR.
I didn't feel like the drops were too much.

You know the biggest drop on SDMT? How was the biggest drop on SDD compared to the big drop on SDMT?

You know the biggest drop on SDMT? How was the biggest drop on SDD compared to the big drop on SDMT?
SDD isn't as smooth as SDMT because of the ride vehicle, but it's a much smoother than even Barnstormer. I'd say it's the most middle ground roller coaster on property. The drops are very elongated which makes the turns much smoother and less jerky. The fact that it's the only fully outdoor roller coaster at WDW is intimidating for some as they can see the entire coaster. Every other coaster at WDW is either hidden entirely or partially outside of Barnstormer.

On the biggest drop you see it doesn't go very fast for the entire length of it so that made it doable for me. I came out of it and thought that I would like to do it again. I have never done SM as I'm terrified of the unknown drops. BTMR I love as there are no big drops, it just goes fast so I can deal with that. With any of these rides the first time is always the worse, this for me is also true with water slides 😅, the second time I'm more relaxed I feel the drops less and have more fun, and the third time they are just great!! So I suggest you tyring them more than once.

I am a ride wimp.
took me years; yes -years to even ride dinosaur 🦖
It’s now my favourite ride in ak!

As with a pp-I can feel the drop in pirates & frozen ever after too..
Splash mountain was once & done..just awful.

i scream on barnstormer; young children turn around and laugh at me
Drops are not my thing!
I like it & enjoy it’s thrill .

7 dwarves is great fun.
the theming is amazing.
I find the drops are quite intense, but doable.

big thunder is my favorite by far out of the 3.
I love the twisting and turning & the clunking sensation.

slinky dog was the first ride I had ever experienced whereby my legs were affected..
Kind of a numbness mixed with goosebumps
it only happened once-but I was not prepared for the intensity of the ride at all.
It’s Cute & fun but it’s also terrifying.

as I further insight into my ride levels (or lack thereof)
I rode Everest and swore at my dh
I’ve even done tot and survived..but was petrified!

I do however love space mountain.
I find it exhilarating .
My Fiancee is scared to death of coasters but I talked her on to SDD because it is a "family coaster". She was terrified and her legs were shaky when we were done. There was another lady on the ride who also was terrified and they hugged after because they didn't think they were going to make it. :P 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter