slo’s SUNDAY poll - Thanksgiving Leftovers

Thanksgiving Leftovers - When do you eat them? (Multiple choice)

• I started Thanksgiving night

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Black Friday

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • The Saturday after Thanksgiving

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • The Sunday after Thanksgiving

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • The Monday after Thanksgiving

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • The Tuesday after Thanksgiving

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wednesday after Thanksgiving

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another day later than what’s listed

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don’t have any leftovers

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 4.7%

• Total voters
They usually last 2 days after Thanksgiving, then we move on to something else.

We had two Thanksgivings, one Thursday and another Friday. Saturday I didn't want turkey again so we had [pizza with left over salad from Friday, and had turkey sandwich for lunch. Today we will be out at dinner time so Monday will be a full blown left over day. Although sides and desserts are fair game anytime.

When I got home from my sister's with leftovers I lasted about an hour before I had a piece of pumpkin pie. Black Friday I had a deluxe turkey sandwich on rye bread for dinner. Last night I finished the turkey leftovers with another sandwich. I still have some of my sister's stuffing in the fridge to eat cold for a snack.

We eat our big meal for lunch Thanksgiving. Eating leftovers begins immediately.

Sent some back with daughter to college this morning. We will eat leftovers for a couple more meals, then start freezing what's left.

Most sides are now minimal. I will have turkey and ham to freeze.

We had company all week, so there's some pizza from last night and pork roast to finish, too.

We did cook a lot on Thanksgiving day, and had quite a bit of turkey/ham leftover. Will finish what we can tonight. Sides were all eaten (and not as many, ) I hope my son's girlfriend, from England, enjoyed her first Thanksgiving here!

Mine were gone at lunch yesterday - we had them for dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday...and then I was sad, b/c I'd have eaten them one more day...

I had leftover turkey sandwich on Friday. Most of the turkey/stuffing went into the freezer for reheating next week when my sister and her husband come over for dinner. They typically don't "do" big holiday meals, so she's excited.

I had stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy as well as jello for lunch on Saturday.

We eat at my parents house and don't bring any leftovers home.
We travelled for Thanksgiving this year too and although we don’t like left-overs of any kind, the hostess insisted we help deal with humongous pile of extra turkey. I brought some home and made turkey tetrazzini on the Thursday (our Thanksgiving Day is a Monday in Canada).

Last edited:
In a normal year, we go back over to my in-law's on Friday night to eat the leftovers. (That's too close together for me.) This year, we're not going for leftovers. We went to the in-laws' on Thursday, but SIL's family caught breakthrough COVID so they did not go. They got out out isolation yesterday, so they're going to tonight for the leftovers. (We also dropped off food for them on Thursday.)

Started turkey day night, have eaten them for every meal since. We have stuffing, some squash, and a scoop of mashed left. The rest of the gravy was thrown in with the roast today, and the turkey, cranberries, and green bean casserole were finished at breakfast this morning.

We eat them starting with turkey sandwiches Thursday night. We have a full meal again on Friday night, and Saturday night. If we have leftovers beyond Sunday, they go in the freezer. I like having the frozen turkey for turkey and noodles. There’s not usually much left after Sunday except turkey.

We travelled for Thanksgiving this year too and although we don’t Ike left-overs of any kind, the hostess insisted we help deal with humongous pile of extra turkey. I brought some home and made turkey tetrazzini on the Thursday (our Thanksgiving Day is a Monday in Canada).

My dad went over to my parents house this afternoon to help them put the folding table/chairs back in the attic and my step mom did send a big bowl of turkey soup home with him for us to have for dinner tonight :-)

We start cooking after breakfast Thanksgiving morning and eat around 2. Then we have leftovers later.

If we make the right amount, we have enough leftovers for the long weekend and finish off the last of it Sunday night.

There were about 4 pies and other leftovers after our meal. I was thrilled to say “No, thank you” when offered any of it. I had hoped to get back on the keto wagon, but DH opened the gift box of Christmas cookies and now all hope is lost.
I’ll be fattening up for my winter hibernation.

We had Thanksgiving at my brother's house and I like to let my parents and his in laws take the leftovers. We will make our free turkey mid December and have a low key dinner with my parents who will visit that weekend so we will have more than enough turkey during Round 2.

My sister hosts Thanksgiving and so not a lot of leftovers. Most of those were eaten Friday. There’s a very small amount left—maybe enough for 1 lunch tomorrow. I will probably eat it as I doubt anyone else will. If for some reason I don’t, it will be tossed tomorrow night.

We finished the turkey last night.
An 18 lb turkey was 15 meals
3 sandwiches
Probably will be 12 servings of turkey and wild rice soup going in freezer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter