slo’s TUESDAY 2/27 poll - The Barbie Movie 💕

The Barbie Movie - What your opinion about the movie, The Oscar snub & I’m Just Ken song? (m.c.)

• I loved the movie

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • I liked the movie

Votes: 29 25.0%
  • I didn’t like the movie

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I didn’t see the movie

Votes: 55 47.4%
  • I agree with The Oscar snub

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • I disagree with The Oscar snub

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • I like the I’m Just Ken song

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I dislike the I’m Just Ken song

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • I have no opinion about any of the above

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
With The Oscars right around the corner, there’s been a lot of talk about The Barbie Movie. Many people are upset about the movie not getting nominated for Best Director and Best Actress. The song I’m Just Ken was nominated and I know many have an opinion about that too. What are your thoughts today…..

What is your opinion of The Barbie Movie?
Are you annoyed about The Oscar snub?
Do you like the I’m Just Ken song?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..,I just watched The Barbie Movie a month ago, and I liked it a lot more than I expected to. I did not like Ryan Gossling as Ken - to old IMO - I would have liked to see a younger guy play this character. Am I upset about The Oscar snub? No - I thought Margot Robbie was great, but best actress great, no. I don’t have an opinion about the director. Do I like the I’m Just Ken song? Not really - I kinda found it long and annoying. I rank it up there with the song Lost in the Woods in Frozen 2. I guess I just don’t like songs like this - LOL!

IMG_1591.jpeg

Haven't seen it, probably won't watch it. I have no opinion on anything to do with it.

Odd since I was a huge Barbie fan when I was young.

Last edited:
If I happen to catch it on TV I might watch it but I have no interest in seeing it people I know who have seen it loved it but it’s just not appealing to me
Oppenheimer yeah I’d like to watch that but I’m more interested in that kind of thing then Barbie but that’s just me

Haven't seen it; I don't go to the movies much and it's not streaming on a channel I have.

I was really into Barbies as a kid, and for a few years as an adult I made custom Barbies for my own enjoyment. I don't know why I was so uninterested in the movie.

I loved it when it first came out. Probably one of the most fun theater experiences I've had in a long time (minus the two people on their phones the entire time....) It wasn't what I expected but in a good way.

Don't care about the Oscars at all. It's a pointless awards show anyway.

I watched the Barbie movie and didn't hate it, but didn't like it, either. I was a bit uncomfortable with all the typical female stereotypes of beauty.

I thought that Ryan Gosling had the best role. He actually acted like a human, instead of a human doll. I do agree with the opinion that he was a little old to be Ken.

Haven't watched it yet, but will eventually. I don't really like Ryan Gosling or Margot Robbie, as actors, but still want to see it.

I'd give the move a 6 out of 10. It was entertaining and better than watching repeats of shows and movies. I think Margo Robbie did a good job as Barbie. The director had a lot of imagination. I don't give much thought into the Oscars. Throughout the years I think there has been many movies that don't get the attention/awards that they deserve.

I liked it okay but felt if I had played with Barbie growing up I might have gotten it more.

Now if they did a Strawberry Shortcake movie like this I would be all over it. 😉

I enjoyed the movie and thought it did a good job of balancing fun entertainment with deep ideas.

I was not upset by the Oscar snub because I don't think nominations need to be in pairs. Yes, they were in the same movie, but they're competing with people from different movies, so their competition pools were not the same.

I don't even remember the song clearly, so I guess that's my answer. :laughing:

Haven't seen it yet. At some point, I'll probably watch it, but it's not high on my list of movies that I am interested in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter