slo’s TUESDAY 5/16 poll - Camping

Camping - Do you camp and what do you camp in? (M.C.)

• I’m a camper

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I’m not a camper

Votes: 82 64.1%
  • I camp in a tent

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • I camp in a motor home (large)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I camp in a motor home (smaller)

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I camp in a RV trailer (large)

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I camp in a RV trailer (smaller)

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I camp in a RV expandable trailer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I camp under the stars, on the ground, with nothing around me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 12 9.4%

• Total voters
I camped as a child with my family and the Girl Scouts and didn’t enjoy it Camped once with DH at an archery competition. We didn’t have money to spend on hotels. When I was a Girl Scout leader, I warned girls that I did not camp. We had our sleep over at a hotel on the concierge level. It had a pool in the basement.
I believe that God gave us heat, AC and a soft bed for a reason.

I am not a camper.

The closest I came was in Switzerland in college. We had a cabin (with beds and electricity) in a campground and had to walk outside to the communal bathrooms.

I have camped in a tent, but I am definitely a glamper. My kids make fun of me. I will do it though because the rest of the family likes it and they know what they are doing so I just need to be there and help in little ways. The big set-up, etc, is usually done by someone else.

I enjoyed it more than I expected the first time around.

We tent camp every summer, usually for about a week. Over the years we've acquired enough equipment to be sort of hybrid glamping. We use cots and air mattresses, set-up an outdoor kitchen, canopies for shade or shelter from the weather, etc.

I slept in a tent once on a cub scout thing in someone’s very large backyard. It was several acres, so you did feel like in the middle of nowhere but still 5 mins away from house and most important…….bathroom.

My main goal in life is never to experience anything less than a full bathroom. No porta potties, no latrines, or less for me. Yup,I have an expressive life goal.
One problem here - porta potty - if you go to Alaska brace yourself - you will be dealing with those ! But it’s worth it to see Alaska ❤️❤️

Not a camper. Never did it growing up and DH’s family never did either. Closest I ever got was my cousin’s backyard in Long Island in the 70s. There was a spider in the tent near the zipper and I was frozen in fear. As silly as it sounds it affected me as a kid. My daughter started camping with her bf and I thought she would hate it but she enjoys it.

Noooo. Nope. *Maybe* I could survive in a nice RV with a toilet and a door to shut out the wildlife, but I'm not sleeping in a tent or 'going' in a hole in the woods for anybody. My idea of roughing it is reusing the same towel twice in a hotel.

I picked "I am not a camper" and "I camp in a large RV". I hate camping. My husband loves it. When our son was little he loved it, too. We have a seasonal campsite where our camper sits, but I believe this is the last year of it.

My dad used to make truck campers for his truck. They were actually nice inside that included a bathroom. There was 6 kids so hotels were out. Grandparents were in Nova Scotia so that is where we went every summer.

Husband likes camping , started with tents when kids were small. Then went to tent trailer, then pull trailer and now are on our second fifth wheel. Went from very long big one to the shortest one you can get since it is just the 2 of us.

We have been coast to coast in Canada and U.S. It used to be cheap to camp but is getting pretty expensive and harder to find openings. It’s like Disney you have to be up early when the Provincial parks open spots.

I’m ready to give it up but my husband is not, his idea is to be snow birds and use it to stay somewhere warm .

Tent camper here!

I camp at the beach!
E892CF03-25A7-436D-B555-69355018EAF0_1_102_o.jpeg

I camp in the forest!

90452DA7-C5C1-4B78-A1B2-8DA7DE54A2E7.jpg

I camp at Disney!

E5CE79D3-85E1-478F-A85F-4931E3A6C925_1_102_o.jpeg

We try to plan at least two camping trips a year. Sometimes we just get the itch and go over to the State Forest near by to sleep overnight. Last time I did that it snowed...and was amazing! I could have never imagined myself camping 10 years ago but I stayed in a cabin one year and that was it for me!

We don't "camp". We have our motor home which we call our rolling condo. It has everything prior poster's above have mentioned with the addition of its our home away from home. Our bed, shower, bathroom, kitchen. We tow our car. We don't think hotels have anything on our condo with wheels.
20210524_141823.jpg

Never camped before, unless you count sleeping in a tent with my dad in a bowling alley parking lot for the weekend of the Indy 500 when I was a teenager. My uncle did have his RV there as well, so we had some other facilities other than the tent.

DH and I have been camping for about 17 years now. We got a 30' class C motorhome a couple of years after we got married and just used the thing up. We went all over the US in that thing. Wore it out. We did a couple of years with a bit of tent camping when the kids we active in scouting. These days we mostly camp in a 30' travel trailer. We tend to stay on the east coast now. Lots of fun. Lots of happy memories. Our first trip of the season is coming up, going to camp at Kings Dominion for a long weekend.

I'm an "other." I spent my summers going to Girl Scout resident camp for either two or four weeks, and I worked as a camp counselor for three summers. I also did a lot of troop camping through Girl Scouts and Sea Scouts- at least 3 or 4 weekends a year for about 8 years. Resident camp was cabins or platform tents, but the rest of it was tent camping. DD and I have also done a couple of camping trips (tent or minivan) and a former boyfriend and I camped at PEI for a week (van camping, couple with us had a trailer).

I miss camping, but I am not longer of an age to enjoy sleeping on the ground! Right now, my idea of "roughing it" is making reservations at the Comfort Inn!

So I tried camping last summer. Got a standard cabin at a camping resort in CT. I thought "you don't need the deluxe cabin, you'll be fine"...I was, in fact-not fine. Having to get up and walk in the dark, down a hill to the public bathroom was not fun. Nor were the shared showers. I would consider it again in a cabin with our own bathroom, shower etc. I learned very quickly that I am a glamper and not a camper 🤣

I live in the RV capital of the world, we camped most of my friends camped. I will say I am a pop up girl I sleep the best in those. I have camped in a tent all the way to a Class A.

I love camping and at "almost 62/67" my husband and I got back into it 3 summers ago. The reason: to give our grandson some good memories of doing so! I enjoy cooking over the fire and making pudgie pies or s'mores and playing the campfire games!
I'm already looking forward to our 1st trip of the year at the end of JUNE.
Wisconsin has some beautiful state parks. I love being outside and my husband, daughter and GS like to bike ride. This year we'll do some hiking and small town visiting.

added: Husband and I sleep in a pop-up
daughter and GS in a tent
if it rains they can squeeze in with us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter