slo’s WEDNESDAY 4/26 poll - Car Entertainment

Car Entertainment - What do you listen to? (M.C.)

• My Playlist

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • Local Radio FM

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • Local Radio AM

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Digital Radio you pay for - Sirius XM, Apple Music and etc (please post what)

Votes: 42 37.5%
  • Digital Radio that is free - Pandora, IHeartRadio and etc (please post what)

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • CDs

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Cassette Tapes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A mix of all of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing - I like the silence

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 17 15.2%

• Total voters
Mostly playlists and podcasts on Spotify or FM radio on NPR or the local alternative-rock station. I tried Sirius since my car came with a free trial, but the rotation on each station feels very shallow - it doesn't take long to start hearing song repeated - and the genre stations are so narrow that getting any sort of mix takes more channel surfing than I care for, so I didn't continue the subscription when the trial ended.

Mostly Sirius XM - 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and 70’s, also the Blend, and Escape. Occasionally my own playlists.

2 or 3 local FM stations (not in the AM tho, 1 is just talk radio in the AM, and I hate that!), my phone play list (very much need to update this, add more tunes, ) and sometimes a CD. One vehicle still has 1 CD holder, new car doesn't even had a CD player. Currently alternating between Tom Petty's greatest hits, and Last of the Mohicans soundtrack.
But more often than not, I"m listening to youtube videos/vloggers (mostly Disney and Star Wars, but there are a few other I watch.)

Local radio FM. I'm always the passenger so I don't really get a say in what's played. My aunt listens to B101.1 out of Philly. Now that I think, my sister has Sirius XM and plays the 80s channel.

I really would love to listen to my CDs and we do have a portable CD player for long trips. Mostly though, it’s SeriusXM.

For short errands, local FM radio. For longer trips, CDs. My car does have a CD player and I keep a case with some favorites in the console. The music relaxes me when I drive. I would be very tense without it.

Our radio no longer works in car. 90 % of our driving is under 30 mins, so usually nothing. But DH drives to grocery store, stays in car while I shop and listens on phone to spotify. Most times also reads a book.

680 am to hear the traffic on the highway.

If not on the highway fm local stations that play a lot of older stuff.

I have been using Satellite Radio since it came out. I have often lived in rural areas and/or driven long distances and I like being able to listen to the same programming without having to search for another station.

Mostly a local FM station. Occasionally a local AM station for sporting event broadcasts. I don’t really drive a lot anymore though.

On longer drives I find I often zone out and don’t really listen to the radio; at best it becomes background noise. When the kids were younger I mainly listened to the soundtracks of their dvd’s. There are still some I know the dialog for but have never actually seen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter