Smallest group size without triggering cancellation

Plannerwithaplan

Earning My Ears
I am worried our ABD will get cancelled due to only 17 people having it booked. Has anyone had yours cancelled due to small group size? How many did you have?

I've had trips go with 14 and 17 people, so there's still a good chance yours will go. There's a *chance* you might only have one Adventure Guide. But ABD is the only one who knows what that trigger number is (and they aren't talking). I think it varies from trip to trip anyways. When is your trip?

I had one trip canceled because it only had 3 people signed up. I had another trip canceled due to lack of people, but they wouldn't say how many (and it was sold out with 40 people for almost a year, so I really don't believe that).

Sayhello

I had a trip go with 16 people. I had one cancelled for small group size, but that was during the 2009 recession. To the best of my recollection there were 5 people booked when it was cancelled.

I am worried our ABD will get cancelled due to only 17 people having it booked. Has anyone had yours cancelled due to small group size? How many did you have?
Are you by chance going on the Norway 8/13 trip? I called about that one and was recently told 17 people had signed up, which was a big improvement over the 9 I was told a month earlier! No guarantees, but the person I spoke with offered me some encouragement that the final payment date is not that far off and typically the cancellation happens in advance of that date. Perhaps someone will chime in who has had their trip cancelled when they found out.

The minimum varies by trip. I've heard 12, 14, 18, and 20 before. But they aren't public, and might even depend on the time of year and how much the hotels and other things cost.

I've had trips go with 14 and 17 people, so there's still a good chance yours will go. There's a *chance* you might only have one Adventure Guide. But ABD is the only one who knows what that trigger number is (and they aren't talking). I think it varies from trip to trip anyways. When is your trip?

I had one trip canceled because it only had 3 people signed up. I had another trip canceled due to lack of people, but they wouldn't say how many (and it was sold out with 40 people for almost a year, so I really don't believe that).

Sayhello
The trip is in 2 months and we have 17 Paid In Full.

Are you by chance going on the Norway 8/13 trip? I called about that one and was recently told 17 people had signed up, which was a big improvement over the 9 I was told a month earlier! No guarantees, but the person I spoke with offered me some encouragement that the final payment date is not that far off and typically the cancellation happens in advance of that date. Perhaps someone will chime in who has had their trip cancelled when they found out.
No, not Norway. We are on the Colombia trip. We have 17 Paid in Full is what I have been told by ABD staff.

I've had 2 trips, Backstage Magic 2010 and Egypt 2022, that ran with 6 people (and 1 guide). I do believe those were exceptions and had people who cancelled after the PIF date.
I believe Disney was also running all trips right after resuming post-Covid, regardless of the number of people. They just wanted people to book.

Yes. I believe that they came in early to do the trip "walk through" and stayed. So maybe the official number was 17?
Phew. You are making my day, AddictedtoTravel. Thanks. This trip being cancelled has been the main worry for me. I usually enjoy the anticipation of a trip but this time, I didn't allow myself to enjoy it until we were Paid in Full, but even now I'm a little hesitant as I keep thinking we might get the rug pulled out from under us.

I believe Disney was also running all trips right after resuming post-Covid, regardless of the number of people. They just wanted people to book.
That may be, but when I called to do payments, I asked how many were on the Egypt trip, and they told me 11 one time and 9 another, so I do think people cancelled too. I'm just glad I had the experience to go - it was an amazing adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter