So, it's the BIG DAY. AP blackouts lifted! And...

So...how did yesterday evening go? I checked the Disneyland app between 5pm-6pm PST and the wait times did not seem too bad. Smuggler's Run was hovering around a 45 minute wait.
I didn't see any posts on Facebook groups of long lines or waits. And one of my coworkers with deluxe pass went to SWGE and only waited 45 minutes for the ride even though it said 60 minutes when they got in line. So everything must have been ok lol.

One way to tell if there are big crowds is to check the Flex Pass calendar. Are there Flex block out dates? No. Everything is open. It can't be that busy. The Deluxe pass is more expensive than the Flex. It should have priority. Otherwise why pay more? If they were expecting huge crowds I think the Flex pass would be blocked.

I think we are seeing a thinning of the number of APs.

Larry

My son has completed all of his summer tasks and earned a trip to DL. Begging me to go this week before school starts. Thinking of driving up Thursday morning for the day. I like these wait times but I know they won't hold with D23 crowds. I'll set my expectations low so I can be (hopefully) pleasantly surprised.

One way to tell if there are big crowds is to check the Flex Pass calendar. Are there Flex block out dates? No. Everything is open. It can't be that busy. The Deluxe pass is more expensive than the Flex. It should have priority. Otherwise why pay more? If they were expecting huge crowds I think the Flex pass would be blocked.

I think we are seeing a thinning of the number of APs.

Larry
Flex Pass was blocked out yesterday afternoon. I think we’ll see blackouts, but in the afternoon after they see how many other AP entered the park.

I have a SoCal Select pass and went to California Adventure for a few hours. At 11am got a FastPass for Soarin’ with a 12:30 return time. Standby was about 40. Went to RSR single rider line and waited just a few minutes. Standby was 45. Many cars were going with empty seats. Didn’t seem too crowded in CA. Looking forward to finally going back to Disneyland next month.

We are here.

Sunday was very easy. Disney was easy to move around. DCA was bit more chaotic.

Monday a bit crazier, but no where near normal Summer. We were able to walk around GE very easily and do the ride multiple times. No real lines at any food or shops. They line outside th Catina is because of how small it is. Did lightsabers, and were in and out.

Monday, DCA, once again, seemed to be more crowed, or maybe it was just a lot of first time people not knowing their way, Disney was dead, especially, tonight. By 7, we were WALKING onto Pirates, Indy, Jungle and Mansion. It was also a walk on for Buzz and Star tours. I will say, GE was very crowed, lots of people standing around, but the ride was only at 30 minutes.

My hubby sure was, both on the ride and off.

I think one of the things I did find a bit unnerving was the fact people were coming-out of building the lightsaber and then trying to see them immediately to people walking by. There were many cast members trying to sell merchandise by playing with it outside the stores. And many of the cast members have little or no knolweedge of what they are selling, so they make it upas they go. The shops have such LIMITED merchandise, they really weren't shops. They need to expand the clothing options. I really didn't see to many buying much.

To much wasted space that needed to be filled in. That LONG walk by Hungry bear needs a LOT more atmosphere. But it was always very empty. The busiest spot is by the Falcon.

Also for a new land and after all the shade improvement they did around the park, this place has virtually none. It is very hot there.

My hubby sure was, both on the ride and off.

I think one of the things I did find a bit unnerving was the fact people were coming-out of building the lightsaber and then trying to see them immediately to people walking by. There were many cast members trying to sell merchandise by playing with it outside the stores. And many of the cast members have little or no knolweedge of what they are selling, so they make it upas they go. The shops have such LIMITED merchandise, they really weren't shops. They need to expand the clothing options. I really didn't see to many buying much.

To much wasted space that needed to be filled in. That LONG walk by Hungry bear needs a LOT more atmosphere. But it was always very empty. The busiest spot is by the Falcon.

Also for a new land and after all the shade improvement they did around the park, this place has virtually none. It is very hot there.
Are you saying guests who just bought a light saber are trying to sell to other guests?

Are you saying guests who just bought a light saber are trying to sell to other guests?
Oh, cool thought. I wonder how the DataPad might be used to facilitate this exchange. Perhaps there is a special achievement for private sales of scrap metal while visiting the land??

Not sure if it was part of the "Land" or just greedy people. It was just weird. The Cast members seem very confused and walk around almost aimlessly. People stop in the middle of the road to take pictures. I will say most kids looked bored....

Just got to Disneyland and GOOD GRIEF IT IS EMPTY.

They didn’t even scan our FPs for Star Tours because it’s a walk on.

Headed to brave the heat in SWGE soon.
I am here too and was totally not expecting this! I thought it would be swamped for sure after DAP blockout lifted. So weird. The lines are just way too short LOL. I have been at DCA all day but monitoring DL. Headed over there later this evening. DCA is light too.

I am here too and was totally not expecting this! I thought it would be swamped for sure after DAP blockout lifted. So weird. The lines are just way too short LOL. I have been at DCA all day but monitoring DL. Headed over there later this evening. DCA is light too.
Welcome to this summer at Disneyland! Other than a handful of days (mostly Saturdays), the crowds have been so light. Hope you’re having a great trip! What’d you think of SWGE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter