So Mater is the star of Cars2?

i think a better story line that would fit well would have been a remake of "it's a mad, mad, mad, mad world"...a great Disney classic taht the Cars characters would have been perfect for.

"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" is not a Disney film.

It's a United Artists film, produced and directed by the great Stanley Kramer.

"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" is not a Disney film.

It's a United Artists film, produced and directed by the great Stanley Kramer.

Damn! i knew i should have googled that first :lmao:...can always count on you to set it straight:teacher:

The overall movie critic reviews of Cars 2 are, well, terrible.

Sad to say that this looks to be Pixar's first washout with the critics.

Eh, what do they know? Roger Ebert gave 3.5 out of 4, and I've seen at least one or two others that gave it good marks. Honestly, they just didn't like the idiot redneck. I think a majority of viewers will disagree with them.

We just saw in Imax 3D & loved it !!! Felt like we were part of the movie!!
Fun, colorful, funny, I am 41 & my son (who is now 15) grew up on the CARS movie, we saw it 8 times in the movie theater when he was little before it came out on DVD, that is how much he loved it when he was little !!!!

We both laughed & enjoyed it tremendously, see it in IMAX 3D !!!

Just as I feared. Thanks. Was hoping for another solid movie good for all ages like Cars 1, but I know they want to appeal to the bigger audience including teens and adults not just 2-3 year olds. Oh well.

They want to appeal to the NASCAR crowd, so 2-3 year olds is about right. :thumbsup2

Eh, what do they know? Roger Ebert gave 3.5 out of 4, and I've seen at least one or two others that gave it good marks. Honestly, they just didn't like the idiot redneck. I think a majority of viewers will disagree with them.

What I can't ignore is that all of the other Pixar films have been virtually LOVED by 95+% of these critics.

That this one is rated very low speaks volumes to me.

Well considering that Cars was one of their lowest grossing (Outside their first 2 films, when they were still a baby), and lowest rated, anyone who doesn't see that this is a marketing ploy is severely misguided. I equate it to Batman & Robin, where they ignored plot and went with "What kinda cool toy can we make?"

Sure, some people will enjoy it, but this is a huge step back for Pixar. If we use Rotten Tomatoes as a guide, this is their first Rotten film, and it's getting close to very rotten right now. In fact, all of Pixar's films have been 90% or better, save for Cars, which was at 73% (With the sequel at 30%). Pixar obviously has talent, with the ability to create a wonderful 3D world to immerse us in, and tell a story. Now they are going into sequel mode when the only film besides Toy Story that should have had a continued story was, obviously, the Incredibles. With Cars 2, there seems to be no progession of characters. Just a new setting, and new plot, with a whole bunch of characters (Especially international ones) to market it all over the world.

Saw it this afternoon with our daughter 8, son 3, and my wife. No spoilers here, but lets just say we were a bit disappointed. We LOVED Cars 1, but frankly, while the action and "graphics" of this one were great, the story was a bit lacking. To us, it felt more like a 2 hour Mater's Tall Tales, then a feature film by Pixar.

Maybe I'll feel different after seeing it again on DVD, but something was just "missing". The first movie felt "epic". The character development, relationships, characters, story etc. Like I said above, this felt move like a Saturday morning, made for TV movie, or, again, Mater's Tall Tales extended version.

Well considering that Cars was one of their lowest grossing (Outside their first 2 films, when they were still a baby), and lowest rated, anyone who doesn't see that this is a marketing ploy is severely misguided. I equate it to Batman & Robin, where they ignored plot and went with "What kinda cool toy can we make?"

Sure, some people will enjoy it, but this is a huge step back for Pixar. If we use Rotten Tomatoes as a guide, this is their first Rotten film, and it's getting close to very rotten right now. In fact, all of Pixar's films have been 90% or better, save for Cars, which was at 73% (With the sequel at 30%). Pixar obviously has talent, with the ability to create a wonderful 3D world to immerse us in, and tell a story. Now they are going into sequel mode when the only film besides Toy Story that should have had a continued story was, obviously, the Incredibles. With Cars 2, there seems to be no progession of characters. Just a new setting, and new plot, with a whole bunch of characters (Especially international ones) to market it all over the world.

This one actually has more of a plot and overall story than the first one ever did. Again, it's getting bad reviews because of a few snobbish critics that don't like the redneck.

This one actually has more of a plot and overall story than the first one ever did. Again, it's getting bad reviews because of a few snobbish critics that don't like the redneck.

The critic I read said it lacks "heart". Many Pixar movies have something in the storyline that tugs at your heartstrings. TS3 was a tear jerker.

Personally I am the farthest person from a Nascar type but I actually find Blue Collar Comedy guys and Mater funny. Also love the nod to James Bond - loved The Incredibles.

I did wonder how it would affect the film to have so MANY characters in it. Will be seeing it soon.

I feel exactly the opposite. To me, this one has almost no story. No real movie feel. The first one started with the big race, then the journey to Radiator Springs, the relationship building, getting to know the characters, the town, the build up of the friendships, and finally, the big race, where they all pull together etc. (I think of it as epic in a Star Wars kind of way).

This one, again, IMHO, was just an action flick that pales in comparison to the first one. To each his own of course, but I am definitely siding with the critic on this. It will be interesting to see how it pans out amongst everyone though!

It isn't one of Pixar's better ones, but it wasn't terrible. My DS4 was restless at times and once he leaned over and said it was boring. My DS13 though liked it but he really enjoyed the first one as well when he was smaller.

Just got back from seeing Cars 2 while on vacation in Myrtle Beach. Got to say, my 4 year old loved it. The Deadliest Catch fan in me was pretty surprise to see the Northwestern & Sig Hansen's voice in one of the opening scenes.

I'm a Deadliest Catch fan, too. Sig was talking about Cars 2 this past week on After the Catch. Here's Crabby:

329px-C2cs_pkg_crabby1_4-pkg16-rgb_-4_r_rgb.jpg

185px-Cs008_7pub-pub16-141.jpg

Saw it today with my 4yo - better than I expected after reading reviews.

Sig Hansen - although I was the only one laughing in the entire theater, this was an awesome pop culture reference
Storyline - didn't think I was going to enjoy it but it grew on me, the whole James Bond thing
Previews and Toy Story short - new Muppet Movie! Need I say more? Oh, and the short was super cute and funny.

Dislikes:
Doc Hudson - yes they paid tribute to him but you don't really know why. And since Izzy is a model T and as old as dirt, there's no explanation that is presented as to why Doc is gone.
Races - this may be weird, but I felt like the race scenes were a huge setup fora Cars 2 video game. It was like watching the set-up for Mario Kart.
Violent - I know, I know... there's violence in a lot of movies. But really, why so many machine guns?

Overall, I liked it about as much as Kung Fu Panda 2. Way more than Rango (which I did not enjoy) but not near as much as usual Pixar gems.

I feel exactly the opposite. To me, this one has almost no story. No real movie feel. The first one started with the big race, then the journey to Radiator Springs, the relationship building, getting to know the characters, the town, the build up of the friendships, and finally, the big race, where they all pull together etc. (I think of it as epic in a Star Wars kind of way).

This one, again, IMHO, was just an action flick that pales in comparison to the first one. To each his own of course, but I am definitely siding with the critic on this. It will be interesting to see how it pans out amongst everyone though!

Honestly, I saw the first one once. It was worth the two hours I gave it, but not any more than that. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I can name at least 3-4 subplots in this one that have real life value. Plus it was funny.

The 007 stuff was just cool!

Everybody has their own opinions, of course. I liked TS, thought TS2 was watchable, and wouldn't sit through TS3 again if you paid me. I know people that feel the exact opposite. That's why they make so many different movies.

Relative to the whole, yes. Honestly I've never considered a review by any movie critic when deciding what I want to see and whether or not I liked it. In general they are self-important snobs that need to justify their paycheck.

Have you seen the movie? If so, was your opinion of it determined by what some movie critic said? I'm not trying to be an ***, but I really don't understand why anyone cares what any of them say. I can tell you that the reason they are giving this one bad reviews is because they don't like the redneck. Period. Paragraph. End of story. I have a feeling that the overall viewer response will be considerably better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter