So with "Frozen" show coming to the Fantasy...

It looks like they are replacing Golden Mickeys instead. I agree Believe feels really dated, there is something so 90s about the framing device I can't really explain it but it feels that way. And to end with the girl leaping off the roof of her house because she believes she will fly? Great example to set Disney. It's a one and done for me. I think they should have multiple mini-versions of their different stage shows instead on all the ships. I would have loved a 1-hour Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, or Aladdin in addition to the awesome Frozen show on our Wonder cruise.

It looks like they are replacing Golden Mickeys instead. I agree Believe feels really dated, there is something so 90s about the framing device I can't really explain it but it feels that way. And to end with the girl leaping off the roof of her house because she believes she will fly? Great example to set Disney. It's a one and done for me. I think they should have multiple mini-versions of their different stage shows instead on all the ships. I would have loved a 1-hour Lion King, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, or Aladdin in addition to the awesome Frozen show on our Wonder cruise.
The current lineup on the Fantasy is Aladdin, Wishes and Believe. Frozen is replacing Wishes. The Golden Mickeys is on the Wonder and the Dream, not the Fantasy. And Believe is also on the Dream (I think) not the Wonder, but Dreams is on the Wonder (I get confused between Dreams and Believe).

The current lineup on the Fantasy is Aladdin, Wishes and Believe. Frozen is replacing Wishes. The Golden Mickeys is on the Wonder and the Dream, not the Fantasy. And Believe is also on the Dream (I think) not the Wonder, but Dreams is on the Wonder (I get confused between Dreams and Believe).

Yes, Dreams is the “signature show” on the Classics (Magic and Wonder) and Believe is the “signature show” on the Dream Class (Dream and Fantasy).

Yes, Dreams is the “signature show” on the Classics (Magic and Wonder) and Believe is the “signature show” on the Dream Class (Dream and Fantasy).
Thanks! Interesting that they’re considered “signature” shows. Neither is particularly memorable IMO.

Thanks! Interesting that they’re considered “signature” shows. Neither is particularly memorable IMO.
I like Dreams. I don't care for Believe. It seems like they took the Dreams formula for a show and tried to tweak it to make it "different" and it only made it weak. Sort of the same formula they tried to apply to Wishes. Only thing I liked about Wishes was it was about DisneyLAND. Us west-coasters get ignored a lot when people start talking about "going to Disney".

Last edited:
Easy to remember... Dreams is not on the Dream class ships... go figure.

Anyway, when is the final curtain call for Wishes?

Our next cruise on the Fantasy is Jan. 2020. We saw Frozen twice on our last Wonder cruise and LOVED it. I personally would love to see all of the Fantasy shows replaced. I was actually disappointed that they just made some adjustments to Aladdin, I was hoping it would be replaced with something new, but that probably won't be happening for some time now.

Edited original, I mistakenly thought the press release implied it was just for the rest of 2019 and it didn't.

Last edited:
The Frozen show is fine, but I really like Wishes, the story about the kids is cute, and I like how it brings in lots of different characters.

I was all excited about this until I saw that it says it's just for the rest of 2019, we've already sailed for this year. Our next cruise on the Fantasy is Jan. 2020. We saw Frozen twice on our last Wonder cruise and LOVED it. I personally would love to see all of the Fantasy shows replaced. I was actually disappointed that they just made some adjustments to Aladdin, I was hoping it would be replaced with something new, but that probably won't be happening for some time now.
Where did you see this? Scott’s blog doesn’t mention that and made it sound permanent. We are sailing in 2020 too and I was super excited. I’m not a fan of Aladdin at all.

Where did you see this? Scott’s blog doesn’t mention that and made it sound permanent. We are sailing in 2020 too and I was super excited. I’m not a fan of Aladdin at all.

I read in the press release that it said coming in 2019 and thought it was just for 2019, my mistake. I haven't read Scott's blog yet today. Hopefully we'll both be able to see it on our 2020 cruises!!! I edited my original post, don't want to spread wrong info.

I read in the press release that it said coming in 2019 and thought it was just for 2019, my mistake. I haven't read Scott's blog yet today. Hopefully we'll both be able to see it on our 2020 cruises!!! I edited my original post, don't want to spread wrong info.
Whew ok! Fingers crossed for both of us!

Disney Parks blog posted it will start October 26, 2019. Which is great cuz our sailing is on October 27.

Coming in 2019 means that is when it starts. That also likely means a show cast change-over as it is extremely rare for them to change a show with the cast onboard. The new cast will have learned Frozen and not Wishes.

I saw Frozen on the Wonder. Why can't each ship have its own special musical?
This strikes me as a good thing. I think a lot of people choose which ship to cruise on based on location and price and can't easily switch ships to get to see the different shows. The Wonder was never a good option for us on when we lived on the the east coast in terms of location, and its price was (and is still, now that we have moved to the midwest) too high because its rooms for 5 are so much pricier than on the Dream class ships, and our kids are too little for their own room. But I did feel really bad that my kids would never get to experience the Frozen show.

Hoping this is a trend where they will start weeding out the less popular shows (Believe, Wishes etc.) and just having the Frozen/Tangled/Aladdin/Beauty and the Beast on multiple ships.

This strikes me as a good thing. I think a lot of people choose which ship to cruise on based on location and price and can't easily switch ships to get to see the different shows. The Wonder was never a good option for us on when we lived on the the east coast in terms of location, and its price was (and is still, now that we have moved to the midwest) too high because its rooms for 5 are so much pricier than on the Dream class ships, and our kids are too little for their own room. But I did feel really bad that my kids would never get to experience the Frozen show.

Hoping this is a trend where they will start weeding out the less popular shows (Believe, Wishes etc.) and just having the Frozen/Tangled/Aladdin/Beauty and the Beast on multiple ships.

I am VERY excited.

I love the idea of multiple movie based shows. I hope they role this out on multiple ships. I haven't been yet, so I can't say about the other shows. But I was ignoring Fantasy sailings because I don't love Aladdin. (I've never really been a fan since it came out.) But I'd love to not have to ignore a good option, because of something like that.

To be honest, I've chosen my sailing because I love the idea of Rapunzel's Royal Table. I want the Wonder after that for Tiana`s place. Maybe it`s a weird reason, but I`m planning so I get to choose. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter