Social Media and Disboards

Jack Kerouac

DIS Veteran
I don’t have any social media accounts whatsoever. I have a general disdain for them. But I love Disboards. Everyone seems kind, helpful, and curious. Even if they might disagree. I’m thankful for everyone on here. While I’m new to the site, I have felt welcomed. So thank you.

Hello! :wave2: Great username. I'm in MA, his birthplace.
Hello! Awesome and I'm a bit jealous. I know there's a lot of celebrating this year due to the centennial of his birth. And it looks like Lowell may be getting a permanent Kerouac museum as well. I would love to get out there when it opens.

@Jack Kerouac The draft plans look great. I like to see thoughtful renovations of historic spaces. I hope you do get to visit once it opens, though I recommend visiting in a warmer month. :laughing:

I was able to see “The Scroll” about 13 years ago in Indianapolis. Jim Irsay owns it and he recently did a tour of his collection around some cities this year and he had it on display. It’s a magnificent sight if you ever have a chance to see it in person.

I bought a first edition, first printing of Dharma Bums a while ago. Last year, I was able to pick up the first edition, first printing of Big Sur that was owned by Jack Kerouac’s close friend and “Quiet Beat,” John Clellon Holmes. They are some of my most prized possessions. One day, I’ll give them to my boys. Hopefully they will understand their significance.

Last edited:
I don’t have any social media accounts whatsoever. I have a general disdain for them. But I love Disboards. Everyone seems kind, helpful, and curious. Even if they might disagree. I’m thankful for everyone on here. While I’m new to the site, I have felt welcomed. So thank you.
well , I just will happen to violently disagree with everything you said….

Good day Sir ……

;)

Welcome to the Disboards community! It's great to hear that you've found a friendly and welcoming place here. We're all about positivity and helpfulness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter