Some Enchanted Christmas PTR

Thank you Dhidra. :hug:

Spoke to her TI co today and they have said once she has completed her course of antibiotics and I can say the infection is resolved they will cover her. I need to ring back on Monday when they're finished when they'll be able to tell me if theres an addition to the premium. :thumbsup2

Had a telephone call from her care manager today who has always been my best supporter among the professionals involved in Catherine's care and she was in DLP with her kids last week. Said it had been freezing cold and wasn't this really bad timing for us. She was a bit taken aback that I plan to go ahead but we talked it through and I told her I had planned for cold with thermals etc. and knew we'd have to spend more time in hotel than otherwise. In the end she said she would support me whatever decision I made because she knew I always acted in Catherine's best interests. Did feel a bit worried after that call. :confused3

I'm really glad you'll be able to go after all. You both definitely deserve it! I wouldn't worry too much; I mean its cold wherever you go at the moment, plus with an onsite hotel it only takes a few minutes to walk back if she gets too cold.

Thank you neeny, that's really kind. :goodvibes I do feel as if we've earned this trip now so fingers crossed it all goes smoothly from here on. :thumbsup2

Think I am definitely going to add the premium HB plan now - a long sit down meal every day will get us out of the cold and the character meals will mean she gets lots of autographs even if we can't do too many M&Gs. I think it should be ok to add that on Monday - does anyone know? Hanging off in case there's a problem which means TI co won't cover her and I have to reconsider.

It's really cold here this week - snow forecast for morning so am going to give my new snow boots a try tomorrow. Just realised it wouldn't be a good idea not to have worn them a bit before we go and I'll have lots of walking to do. Don't do blisters. :rotfl2:

Gals all going to plan Anne xx
Blisters plasters from boots are a must ;)
Our trip in May and dec will be adding the p meal plan think your doing the right thing xxx

Just read through your TR as I've not been about much lately... Firstly, I hope that your sister is on the mend soon & the antibiotics do the trick! Why do these things always happen just before a trip to DLP???

I'm loving all of your shopping, especially those socks! We too have an array of Christmas jumpers but I am concerned that DD may have grown out of her bottoms - another job for the weekend!

Looks as though we may well be in the Sunday Brunch at the same time :goodvibes I think I read somewhere that it may be Christmas 100 Acre Wood themed - which I would be ridiculously excited about, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sending you pixiedust: and prayers that all is well for your trip :goodvibes

Thank you so much Jenny. :hug:

Yes, that's the brunch theme I saw and think it will be great. Really look forward to meeting you and lovely Isabelle in person. :goodvibes

Good luck with the rest of your planning. :thumbsup2

Maybe the care manager wasn't expecting or prepared enough for the cold? Lots of thermals and layers and you'll be grand.
You should be ok to add the meal plan on Monday, but probably no later than that. Apparently not many places are accepting the pause Gourmande vouchers at the moment, so make sure you find out where does accept them.

Thank you dhidra :hug:

I think you may be right, they weren't prepared for the cold and one of their girls was sick - they had to go to first aid station in parks for paracetamol. I will be taking a travelling pharmacy. :rotfl2:

Will ring tomorrow and add meal plan - antibiotics finished this morning so infection cleared. :thumbsup2 She's in great form this evening. :cool1:

Just reading your updates and hope all is well with your sister now - it's such a busy time of year anyway for people not going to Disney or having to deal with medical issues - hopefully your trip will help in cheering your sister up :goodvibes

Anne,

i am so sorry i have just read about your sister, i pray, keep fingers crossed etc etc she will be ok and i say that for her and for you as well beacsue i know very well hos you feel when you are disappointed for yourself even thoug you know well it's not the other's fault...

A down syndrome girl is working in my same office and even though we are not together in everyday life i can understand well the problems you talk about.
Giuditta (my friend) is 30 but i can tell in the last two years she had made some changes for worse in the way she talks and in the few jobs she can do.
She likes cleaning so i always tell her she can come and clean my windows at home whenever she wants lol

Are you on Facebook? i am Giulia HK Pagni (where HK stands for Hello Kitty :rolleyes1) if you want to add me :thumbsup2

Just reading your updates and hope all is well with your sister now - it's such a busy time of year anyway for people not going to Disney or having to deal with medical issues - hopefully your trip will help in cheering your sister up :goodvibes

Thank you Julie - the antibiotics seem to have done the trick as Catherine is miles better. And you're right, there is nothing that will make her feel happier than a hug from Mickey Mouse. :goodvibes

Anne,

i am so sorry i have just read about your sister, i pray, keep fingers crossed etc etc she will be ok and i say that for her and for you as well beacsue i know very well hos you feel when you are disappointed for yourself even thoug you know well it's not the other's fault...

A down syndrome girl is working in my same office and even though we are not together in everyday life i can understand well the problems you talk about.
Giuditta (my friend) is 30 but i can tell in the last two years she had made some changes for worse in the way she talks and in the few jobs she can do.
She likes cleaning so i always tell her she can come and clean my windows at home whenever she wants lol

Are you on Facebook? i am Giulia HK Pagni (where HK stands for Hello Kitty :rolleyes1) if you want to add me :thumbsup2

Thank you Giuly, she really is a lot better and we're looking forward to going and doing as much as we can. I know I'm far more likely to regret it if we don't go than if we do and she is ill. If that happens she can get treatment whereas at home we would both be miserable. Your friend sounds like Catherine, years ago when my children were small and Catherine came to stay for the weekend she used to clean, sort laundry and generally make herself totally invaluable. I'm only happy to pay some of that love back now she needs it. :goodvibes

Have sent you a fb request - love your photo with Mickey! - want one like that with Catherine. :cool1:

I rang and added the HB Premium earlier so we have most of our meals covered.

The case is on Catherine's bed so I can start to fill it with our thermals and things we aren't currently wearing. I have to get some ironing done tonight so we aren't in wrinkles all week in DLP.

The Christmas tree I bought to bring is too big for the case so unless I find a smaller one tomorrow I'm giving up on the home made Christmas room idea. It's enough that we are going so I'm not even that disappointed.

Just have to pack and ring the TI company tomorrow and we're pretty much set. 4 more sleeps. :yay:

- love your photo with Mickey! - want one like that with Catherine. :cool1:

*That* Mickey is in the Studio every day from 10 am, i started queueing at 9.30 and got to him about 10.20 then went for some rides and when i walked back... Minnie was there as well :headache:

Well i suppose he could not had hugged me that way if his girlfriend would had been in sight LOL

BTW he noticed Minnie on my hat and touched his heart :love:

just came online to see as I knew you were off soon, sad to read sister has been unwell, hope shes feeling much better now, and hope you both have an awesome trip, enjoy it x

*That* Mickey is in the Studio every day from 10 am, i started queueing at 9.30 and got to him about 10.20 then went for some rides and when i walked back... Minnie was there as well :headache:

Well i suppose he could not had hugged me that way if his girlfriend would had been in sight LOL

BTW he noticed Minnie on my hat and touched his heart :love:

Minnie understands he loves us like sisters Giuly. xxx

just came online to see as I knew you were off soon, sad to read sister has been unwell, hope shes feeling much better now, and hope you both have an awesome trip, enjoy it x

Thank you Ruth - she's doing so much better and we are really looking forward to it. She's not long away to bed and I'm supposed to be joining her soon - still have packing to finish and hand luggage to sort, could be hours yet. lol

Not long now hope the weather pics up fir you both
Xx

Thanks Rachael, looks like it will be wet tomorrow and Friday then fine for the rest of our stay which is grand. :thumbsup2

Have notebook sorted with addresses for postcards ladies. :goodvibes

Am in 2 minds about our snow boots - not sure it's cold enough to justify them - forecast is for temps from 8 to 13 degrees. If we bring them we have to wear them travelling as they are too bulky otherwise. I don't give a toss if we look like eejits but I don't want to be uncomfortable. We might be glad of them after dark when I'm sure it will feel colder but will we be too warm in daytime?

I'd be inclined to take the snow boots you never can tell how cold it's going to feel there :confused3
Can not wait to read all about it x

Hope your both there already :cool1::cool1:
Soo looking forward to this I'm thinking of moving our dec trip to this week tbh the crowds seem so much less.
Enjoy !!!!

A belated Bon Voyage!
I'll be watching this like a hawk to read about your lovely trip.
Hope you both have a magical trip pixiedust:

All fine. Got here safely. Transfer with RStransports was grand. No queue for check in so we got sorted quickly. Room just ok and no pixiedust. On 3rd floor fairly near lifts in midtown - took a bit of thinking to work out which was our room as there's no number on door!
Got Photopass+ in hotel shop and went straight to city hall for disability pass. Was just 6pm so we went straight to disabled viewing area for Dreams then. It was mild and dry this evening and Catherine loved the show - I'm amazed as she was never wowed by the normal dreams show like I am but she wants to watch this again tomorrow night. It's entertaining but there's no emotional feeling for me watching it as there is with normal dreams.
Was going to take her to Cafe Mickey afterwards, I hadn't cancelled that reservation, but there was a massive queue so we went to EOS instead. My sandwich was fine but Catherine's pasta was barely edible. She was in bed asleep by 9pm - that's 8 at home! I'm about to join her. Night night xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter