Somebody cheer me up please!

Pete's Mom

<font color=green>I have no other name!<br><font c
We could not get ASMo this year for a discounted rate and would have had to pay full price of $ 77.00 a night. :(

We booked Sports instead at $ 54.00 a night. We have requested one of the Touchdown buildings.

Can someone cheer me up and tell me something great about Sports? :(

Why do you need cheering up? You've got a great rate at basically the same hotel and you're going to Disney World!!!!!

Don't worry about the difference between the two. I know quite a few people who have stayed at Sports and loved it.

You're going to WDW!!! That's certainly something to be cheerful about! Plus, I'm pretty sure that the AS Sports gets picked up and dropped off first! So there! You've done great!! ;)
I hope you have a fabulous vacation!! :D :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hi! We also tried booking Movies for a $49 per night rate, but only sports was available. We grabbed it and also requested Touchdown. It is our first Disney trip and we are excited just to be going. I really haven't read any negatives about the resort and honestly it sounds like they are pretty much the same except for theming. Why not take some time and visit the Movies, maybe eat at the food court.

From what I have been reading, Sports is always the first ones picked up (always get a seat) and the first to be dropped off on the bus route!! That is a plus, if you will be using disney transportation.

Have a great time!!

They're all the same except for the icons. Your little boy will like it. I worried last year about getting music instead of movies, but my DGD loved music. Hell, we're the only one who really cares, the kids don't. They're just happy to be there....maybe we should be more like them.;)

The Sports was the first Disney hotel we stayed at and my 2 oldest boys then 7 and 10 thought it was the greatest. They loved the football field, the giant coke cups and all the other giant sports stuff. My dh and I we equally excited about how cool the place looked. I think you will enjoy it there.

We've stayed at all 3 AS resorts. Sports is great! Touchdown is a great location. You'll have a great time, don't worry! DH wants to stay there on our Christmas trip instead of the GF (go figure!)! So go; enjoy! And it is the first bus stop; that's a great thing at these resorts!
Have a great trip!:wave:

Well - like everyone said...you're going to WDW so no need to be "uncheered". How about this idea? Keep trying to get what you want - call CRO and see if anyone cancelled. We've run into this before and by being persistant we were able to get what we wanted.

PamNC

I have friends that have stayed there and LOVED it!! You are going to WDW!!! Do you really need cheering up???:confused: ;)
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but can't you use any of the pools and food courts at an All Star if you are staying at one? So you can still enjoy the atmosphere over at the Movies section.

Cheering up? You dont need that. Think realistically! :) At least you are going, and staying on site. Alot of people arent as fortunate as you.

ASMo is a great cute resort. Just like the others but with a sports theme with big footballs, helmets. It is adorable! :)

YOU ARE GOING TO WDW RESORT AND THAT IS WHAT COUNTS!!! :)

YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

We love all-star sports! We have stayed there twice. My fondest memories of WDW include ASSp! We stayed in the homerun building - requested it both times. The resort is not all spread out like others so it isn't that far to walk and we were right next to the baseball pool.

Our last trip we stayed at Dixie Landings and none of us liked it nearly so much. We are trying Animal Kingdom Lodge this trip.

Don't worry have a great time, you will love it. I can picture in my mind my 4 y.o. DS "swimming" with all his might to get under Goofy's shooting water cannon in the pool while I walked along the "basepaths" with my 18 m.o. OH! wonderful memories.

Just to put perspective on things....the first time back to WDW in a very long time, my sister made the reservations, and she calls me all disappointed.

We had waited to make reservations longer than I wanted to, and my first thought was - Oh NO! The All Stars are completely booked and we'll have to go offsite.

She says..."I couldn't get All Star Sports...so, we have to stay at All Star Music." And, she's really bummed...

I remind her that All Star Music is the place we had decided on - so I'm confused? She says "Yeah, I know, but all my friends told me that All Star Sports is the best, so I decided to book us there instead." ;)

In the end, they are all very similar - just with different icons, interior decorating, and pools. As you've been to ASMo a couple times - think of it as something new!

Plus, it's a long-running joke in my family that my sister's friends are always right!

I wouldn't sweat it - go and have fun. :)

All I can tell you is that my brother and his family stayed at the Sports and absolutely loved the place!!!!:cool: :bounce:

Originally posted by dandave
You're going to WDW!!! That's certainly something to be cheerful about! Plus, I'm pretty sure that the AS Sports gets picked up and dropped off first! So there! You've done great!! ;)
I hope you have a fabulous vacation!! :D
You are right dandave! I remember grumbling as several buses drove right by ASMo and we had to wait for another one because they had filled up completely at AS Sports before it got to us! I also remember being the very last stop too! :(
Originallu posted by PamNC
Well - like everyone said...you're going to WDW so no need to be "uncheered". How about this idea? Keep trying to get what you want - call CRO and see if anyone cancelled. We've run into this before and by being persistant we were able to get what we wanted.
You are right, I am going to keep trying. We booked ASMo at the $ 77.00 a night rate back in May 2001 and kept calling in and finally got the $ 49.00 rate around October. It does pay to be persistent.

Thanks to all for cheering me up! I am so excited! :D

How old is Pete? If he's old enough to kick a football, you might not want to switch, just bring a football and a camera - take a picture of him kicking one through the uprights! We love sports (although my son complains that I hog the ball too much).

Originally posted by jennymouse
Hell, we're the only one who really cares, the kids don't. They're just happy to be there....maybe we should be more like them.;)

I think that quote sums it up!

You'll have a great time and Pete will love it! We stayed here over this past Easter and had a wonderful trip. We also paid full price of $109 a night! You got a great rate. Relax and enjoy yourself!:D

All I can do is tell you my what I know personally. I like the food court better than ASMo because it is brighter & bigger in my opinion. The food choices may be a little more extensive at ASMo but I liked dining in the ASSp. I like the pools better at ASSp. The rooms at the ASSp were recently redone also. You need to go look at the ASMo & ASMu when you are there so you can see it for yourself what the difference is. I think you will love it - it is such a happy place and a relaxing one too with all the palm trees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter