Something About Nothing ... #12

Right now I'm enjoying a cold one watching GA football. Rotisserie chicken and vegies for dinner...easy peasy.

Last night I watched A Dogs Purpose...talk about ugly crying...needed a box of tissues to get through that movie.

The fridge now has all of the handles attached and I love it...wound up costing $375 instead of $480...will post a pic later.

Gotta love those Potter marathons monyk...I watched the first 3 yesterday...didn't get much done on my day off.

Carole, it's my dream to live within walking distance to the beach...maybe when I win the lottery :cloud9: Hope you enjoyed your goldfish bowl of wine and pizza sounds delicious.

Have a great night everyone :goodvibes

Have one for me too, Tink.

So humid, AC is still working.

I would like to be in a water park, like this shot from one of our VB days.

70F66B56-6059-46CE-8992-9103E67C1C4D.jpeg

And we had delicious dumplings and Asian noodles, some with chipotle style. Had fat lips after those with chipotle. Darn so spicy, almost too hot for me. Even older one said oh, hotter than I thought. Yeah, half of those noodles are left over, rest was eaten fast, so good. DH has no taste buds, so guess who will eat the rest. He probably will eat them.

Just chilling and getting ready for bed. While I could always be on vacation, it is good to be home and going back to our old haunts and routine, and my own bed and pillow. I have never found a bed and never ever a pillow that felt the same as mine.

Restful sleep to all the homies, including you night owls ones.

I think Lynne means me

Night owl....
sometimes I am

And there was one night I remember that Lynne was a night owl
We sat up talking outside of rpr to close to 2 am once

Never much traffic during the day and no crowds in the evening
It's why I like part time work so much-I don't mind working, but no weekends and a day off (or 2) during week is so nice. Although lately-with travel schedule I'm working FT most weeks to take full weeks off. Could be worse :)

Pizza and a beer for me. And middle went to movies with friends (Crazy, Rich Asians with her group of friends-who are all Asian-American! She is the only one not fully bi (or more) lingual but she is learning a few phrases. ) She just texted they are going to dinner and friend will give ride home. So I can have another beer?

Deck weather-clear night, still little humid but small breeze. Diva chicken has been up with me a couple times, but she really dislikes laptop.

Time for bed soon. Need to find the Benadryl stick to rub on mosquito bites

DH has Finding Dory on :laughing:

Trying for lights out here. Kids still in weekend mode. Not sure what little one is watching, nor the two or three screens older one has on. They are more night owls than me. Though I can be, like Mac says.

Ouch for those skeeter bites MonyK. Hate bug bites. Hope a pill or two will also help you sleep.

Sigh, I am ready for bed, and heard the AC turn off a bit ago, now running again. So warm outside.

Bugs were out for blood at the lil’s BD pool party. Smart idea they had stretchy bracelets for all who wanted them. Actually, seemed to help, at least some. Cannot remember last time i saw that many squealing, romping kids. Nice party but bit too lively for me lol.

Hi everyone dropping by again before I make turkey cutlets! I hope every one had a good day.

Keisha thanks for the waterproof band aid idea. I didn't even think about the water in the water park or the germs. He did tell me to make sure I use vaseline every day to help prevent scaring. It is a smaller right now. He didn't want to take a lot if there was no need to. I may have a bigger divot soon though. I have some things to keep in mind now for if I do. He didn't say anything about no pool stuff but your right I did hear about that. Thanks again.

Monykalyn Thank you for responding. The zinc oxide would be a great idea but he says I have to use vaseline and a band aid for a couple of days. It is on the side of the bridge of my nose and it is effecting the way my no line bi focals are working.

Patty- Cat excuses are the best:thumbsup2:thumbsup2... Yes if you go to amazon ( I use amazon smile to get donations for my local animal charity) and put in therapy or SAD lamps they have them. I totally agree with you!

I would love to see the park decorated for Halloween even though I don't like the scare parts!

I use Vaseline copiously, for lack of a better term, until it fills completely in...it gets a strange white color then evens out, thankfully. The 2nd time round, i let up on the process after 4 or 5 days and have a raised scar there. Least i learned from that mistake lol

Got off work at 2:30 today. Got home right around 3. Just finished packing my checked bag. Will pack carry-on in the morning. Now just relaxing and listening to ABBA, cause that's just how gay I feel right now.

Lol, enjoy . It’s your first cruise I believe? Going to predict you will take to it like a fish.

Vicki, hope your work day is a quick and one without a lot of work involved!!!! Nice little treat tonight might be nice for you.....it is Saturday after all...….

Lynne, your pictures are fabulous...…..and again, glad it was an amazing trip...……yes, pizza is always good. Hope your return to work isn't too harsh....never fun...…

mac.....your math is exceptional!!! I`d never have picked up on that!!!

Bobbie...….yes, we love the beach....and only live a 5 minute walk away.....well, maybe 10 if we dawdle...….but yes, we are so lucky to have a beautiful beach on our doorstep......and hills and forests behind us...….hope you enjoy your day at six flags.....sounds a fun place to be and the kids will love it.

Got a glass of wine already in hand...…...in for the day and not going out tonight...….so Tom just appeared with one of the biggest glasses we have for me but only a small amount in it......looks nice though!!! I call these my special glasses but we use them all the time...…..don't see the point of keeping things and not using them...….

Can`t quite believe it`s finally September...…...yahoo!!!!

Yep, it`s a shimmy type of day...…….love September!!!!!

Oh how i wish i could summon your enthusiasm for september. Festive month for you with the BDs & trips planned. I get sad when the kids go back to school, the weather starts to turn a bit nippy at night and the tomatoes start to dry up in the garden. Like Olaf I love summer.:)

While i’m On a rant: Why, oh why, is pumpkin whatevers still on everyone’s collective tongues?

Vicki, dinner sounded good!!!! And nice evening by the sounds of it......although sad movie, not so much!!! Congrats on the fridge handles being done......sounds like a fabulous bargain!!!

I have been lucky to live by the coast most of my life. Both sides of the UK. I can`t imagine not living beside the sea...….grew up with the ocean or the shore as we called it, out the rear of our property in Scotland, best playground in the world......now we are a 5-10 minute walk away and we do make use of it. So many folks who live here forget it`s there sometimes...….maybe one day you`ll be able to live your dream!!!

Janet......sounds like an exhausting day!! I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how busy it was going to be for you!!! Glad it went well...….I know I`m an oddball......for someone who loves the heat, I d have a strange fondness for the autumn.....crisp coldish mornings and evenings and cooler sunny days.....although the reality sometimes is damp and miserable rain!!! My ideal evening in winter when it`s cold and dark is being tucked inside, heating on and large glass of something alcoholic!!! Although I do love new winter boots and coats!!!! And I have so many scarves......I do love them......they always fit :rotfl:

Another unusually warm day for us here...…..got 3 loads of laundry hanging out, bathrooms all cleaned......Tom has vacuumed everywhere that has carpet......he loves this new cordless Dyson!! Carpets look fabulous with it.....and inside of downstairs windows cleaned......that takes ages, so I `ll happily admit to avoiding that for as long as I can.....but they all needed doing!!

Rest of day is lazing, Grand Prix watching and a little bit of baking for village nursery tomorrow.....first day back and some of us make a little party of it for the new starts. Simple little baking, nothing fancy...…..

Have a great Sunday...……………..:wave2:

Lynne I rolled back a few pages and saw all your great pictures from your vacation.....Looks like you and your daughter had a great time.

Your next vacation will be here before you know it.

Yay, finished up the wash, kids still asleep, will wake them by ten. Time for me to wash up. Beautiful morning so far, and warm. Because little one found out she has to work dinner time, moved our birthday meal to lunch. No matter, if the weather holds, a swim in the pool will round out the early afternoon. Oh, and food shopping. Apparently, the boys left nothing to eat in the house. I make the kids come with me, as I make them cook some of the meals too, and they are good at running around the store to get what I want, and carry and put away the purchases. Eek, and lunch items, as both kids have school this week.

Have a great Sunday all.

I am with you Schumi, not into hearing pumpkin flavored this or that. I also like the water, so some day, may be closer then now. My grandmother was born here, but as a married adult, she and my grandfather headed to South Florida when she decided she needed to be close to water. I spent many a summer in my youth, on the beach, fishing on the causeways and stayed with my grandparents. She lived two blocks away from the ocean.

Ah, the shower is calling, time to use up a lot of the hot water.

A little behind here! Yesterday Joe and I took a drive about an hour away to the lake- Cassadaga Lake in the southtowns of Buffalo. Beautiful country! Many vineyards here!:thumbsup2 We had a peaceful, lovely day! Now back to all of our household chores!

Welcome home Lynne!:)

Bobbie- I ordered 3 pair of the Vionic shoes from Amazon!:thumbsup2 They should be helpful for my feet!

Schumi, Keisha, Robo, Charade, Monyk, Tink, and all others reading along :wave:

Happy Sunday all!

tenor.png

Yay, finished up the wash, kids still asleep, will wake them by ten. Time for me to wash up. Beautiful morning so far, and warm. Because little one found out she has to work dinner time, moved our birthday meal to lunch. No matter, if the weather holds, a swim in the pool will round out the early afternoon. Oh, and food shopping. Apparently, the boys left nothing to eat in the house. I make the kids come with me, as I make them cook some of the meals too, and they are good at running around the store to get what I want, and carry and put away the purchases. Eek, and lunch items, as both kids have school this week.

Have a great Sunday all.

I am with you Schumi, not into hearing pumpkin flavored this or that. I also like the water, so some day, may be closer then now. My grandmother was born here, but as a married adult, she and my grandfather headed to South Florida when she decided she needed to be close to water. I spent many a summer in my youth, on the beach, fishing on the causeways and stayed with my grandparents. She lived two blocks away from the ocean.

Ah, the shower is calling, time to use up a lot of the hot water.

Funny thing is Lynne, I can`t swim a stroke...….well I used to be able to, but I lost the confidence to do it and now just can`t …….but I do love to be in the water where I can touch the bottom with my feet...…..so I am looking at your water park pictures wishing it was me...…..::yes:: But, yes, I need to live by the sea.....I`m sure one day you will too if that`s what you want...….those vacations sound idyllic actually...……

Yes, definitely pumpkin overload!!!!

I actually had a Christmas scented candle on last night...….think I need a new bulk buy once we are in America...…...:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter