Something About Nothing ... #12

Good morning. It’s looking now like the worst of the hurricane will stay tto the south of us. Good news for me, bu I am concerned for North Carolina.I think Florence is still on track to hit the town where I used to live.

Happy birthday Schumi!!

Gotta get to work.

Good Wednesday morning homies

Hope all have a great day

I’m sure Schumi is enjoying the train ride to the airport
Hope she includes that in her next trip report

Let’s hope the rain that will hit us will be minor and quickly over

For those in the path of Florence, we hope all people will be safe.
Material items can be replace.
Prayers for all.

Can they come over and have a chat with Caspian? He will scratch the door and meow until one of us comes out.

:laughing: Well- mine do have their days when we try to sleep in on the weekends that patience is not their thing. Then they start running up and down the hall like a stampede!

:bday: Schumi!!

The 12th is a good day! Today is also our 31st anniversary! No celebrating today- Joe's working late. But, starting on the 27th, we have 9 days of fun filled vacation to party! with family & friends, too!:woohoo:

:wave2: to Mac, Schumi, Robo, Keisha, Lynne, Charade,Tink, Ckmiles, Monyk, Bobbie, Tgrgrl, Tlinus and everyone else reading along!:) Have a good day! Always love Lynne's hump day pictures!:thumbsup2

Happy anniversary to mr and mrs pattyw

31 years means the marriage works !
Lol

Hope you both have a beautiful day

:love2:

Thanks for the wishes.........

But, birthday is tomorrow..........13th is my special day!!

Made it to Radisson at airport............very stressful start to the day :faint: but made it safely here and now sipping prosecco.........

Heading up to Executive Lounge shortly.......appetisers and wine are free flowing from 5pm.........

Hope everyone’s good..........

Mac.....thanks for the compliment on the picture.......I like red too!!! Least my face wasn’t too red yet.......that was only first prosecco.........:thumbsup2

images
to Patty and Joe. 31 is more than 3 decades, LOL. Hope you have a happy one, even if he's working late today. And a big WOOT for the countdown getting even closer. Great way to celebrate, vacation.

It was really busy at work on Monday and today I have nothing to do.

Macraven - Sorry to heat the rain is heading your way now.

Patty - Happy anniversary. September seems to be a popular month for wedding anniversaries. Mine is the 30th.

Almost lunchtime. I think I will go home and have some soup. While I am home I need to check our shop vac. I got a notice today that there has been a recall on some models.

56AAC9FC-5A64-4C45-A187-9075F2E09FB6.jpeg 882F7722-8C56-4043-9ADB-CFFD8D1441C2.jpeg Just hanging around, waiting for last jaunt out of the day. Swiss steak in crockpot & shepherd’s pie already done in over. It overflowed arrrgh, thank you whomever invented self cleaning ones! Need to find where the mr stuffed the small shop vac to dispatch the burnt crispies

GDs grade school has a small fundraiser each month that supports the in school ‘store’ which is for kids who cannot afford or parents refuse to purchase each semester’s supplies. This month’s is crazy hair day. Gotta give to to DiL for creativity. The hair is pulled thru the tray and put into a ‘bun maker’, with the cheeseburger wrap on top.

images
- is it Wednesday yet? Why yes it is. Yes, you homies keeping track (hello Kiesha), it the middle of most's work week, and after this hump of a day, the week-end becomes so much closer. So,

View attachment 350436 yep, travel to is a great way to spend your birthday. Happy Birthday Schumi. Safe travel, quick train trip, and uneventful flight. Then lots of fun to follow.

Well, that was a WWF, or KMWF, or IWDITC commute. Warm, Wet, and Foggy, Kinda Warm, Wet and Foggy, and I Was Driving In The Clouds. Visibility was just under a mile in the pre-dawn ride. Good thing traffic was light. Guess the rain that fell at around 4:30 this morning only helped the fog. So foggy, and dark. By now, almost a lighter horizon, but nary any yellow or other color than gray.

So, all stay safe during this what is predicted to be a historic storm. Most we may get is some rain, and higher than normal high tides, and rip tides. Bobbie, for now, they are saying the week-end may be dry, though as of now, cannot rule out a shower or two. My phone says sun and clouds on Saturday, and full sun on Sunday. By tomorrow, that should be a little clearer. I hope the weather is good, as last week was quite a wash out, so a nice week-end would be nice for all of us.

With that, oh tea is needed, the stairwell had a not so nice ewww smell, and the AC is still cranking, so sweater is already on, means off to get hot water, and tea. Later homies. Thinking of you all, wishing all well.

Storm track appears to hanging that hard left, maybe mac will get lucky and it will skirt down just a hair & not dump on her.

Morning Sans family :wave:

Happy train travel to Schumi and hubby.

View attachment 350454

Happy Birthday Schumi

View attachment 350453

So cute lol

Thanks for the wishes.........

But, birthday is tomorrow..........13th is my special day!!

Made it to Radisson at airport............very stressful start to the day :faint: but made it safely here and now sipping prosecco.........

Heading up to Executive Lounge shortly.......appetisers and wine are free flowing from 5pm.........

Hope everyone’s good..........

Mac.....thanks for the compliment on the picture.......I like red too!!! Least my face wasn’t too red yet.......that was only first prosecco.........:thumbsup2

Red one of few colors i will wear. Does leopard & zebra count as colors, if so toss them into the mix too lol. I prefer to dress in black like many city folk with just small accents of color, easy peasy

That is creative Keisha. Too funny. Nope, never had to do that. Color of the day was some grades, but whatever color they picked, of course, had nothing of that color. Always happens. LOL

Yep, now no rain over the week-end, as Ms. Hurricane seems to be heading more Southern. Stay safe those in GA, including Mac and Tink, and all other homies however effected by this massive, historic storm.

And oh joy, 2 more already named, but hopefully both go far out to sea, and not bother any land.

Sigh, long day, but at least a little brighter out, though still a nice gray sky. Tree looked like it was saying rain is coming, but now it does not. Hope this tropical low we've been enjoying, leaves soon. Good think that huge high over New England part of town, is pushing those hurricanes away from the Northern shores.

Stay safe, and thanks Schumi, for checking in. Sure you've enjoyed some lush dinner choices, and are relaxing for your flight tomorrow. Sorry to hear of some issues getting to the airport, but hey, a glass of wine waiting, should help to put ya into happy mode. Safe, and not choppy flight tomorrow.

Charade, hope soup was good. Yep, with this AC, warm meals for lunch. Zap a meal for me, though did go for a walk. Oh so muggy out. And the fog has burned off, ahhhh.

Time for more tea.

Hi Sans and happy hump day:wave:... We are having rain here again today and temps are not getting out of the 70's. It will be like this till the end of the week. Looks like we will end up going to NJ this weekend I will make the final decision tomorrow.

Had taco Tuesday at my house yesterday. The family likes it and we take a break from meat and use tofu. I have been feeding these two little fur babies I think the neighbor abandoned. Brian and I are thinking about how we are going to trap them and find a home for them. They are too small and precious to be out in this. I have been putting food out and last night I thought one of them was eating it but instead came face to face out my door with a big old raccoon. He was cute and I let him finish the food. Also the night before our friendly neighborhood skunk was there eating. Only he got startled from me and was going to spray. I got in the house in time.

Today three teens over so much quieter. I am hoping to catch up on stuff. Dinner is still in question.

Schumi have a great trip and happy birthday a day early, what a great way to spend it.

Patty- happy anniversary!! I hope you guys have a fun celebration.

tgrgrl I am glad to hear another one got adopted. It would be so nice if you can keep one. I am so glad to hear about Marshmellow. I love when they don't want to go back out. I am sorry to hear about your friend and 9/11. It was such a tough time. I was in the hospital and just had delivered Liv the night before. I remember feeling sad and guilty about being happy for my daughter.

Keisha- sorry to hear about the basement flooding. It stinks when you think you fixed it and now you have to start over. Brian just did ours two weeks ago we were flooding through the side walls. It seems to be holding. I had to fix it we won't be able to sell a home with water issues. I hope they can fix it soon.

Tink I think I saw you posted your flight will be out of Atlanta. I hope your flight is good to go on Tuesday. I love sending positive thoughts.

Mac- I hope Florence stays away from you and everything is good. Will keep you, Charade and everyone in my thoughts for positive outcomes.

Lynne Thanks for the update I appreciate it. I am having a hard time trying to get a close accurate weather forecast for there. I agree I think it will go more south.

Charade I hope it continues to stay away from you. It is so frustrating that it can't be determined more accurately what will happen. Good thoughts for you!

Ckmiles I did yoga with Liv for a short time many years ago then stopped. I am thinking about trying it again.

Hi to Tlinus, Robo, Agavegirl, buckeev, and anyone else I missed.

Have a great rest of the day! Stay safe and dry:goodvibes

Ah, noisy rain. Means scrounge for dinner. Not going out in this hard downpour.

Bobbie, for what is worth, 5:30 weather guy says dry weekend. Will let you know what 11 o’clock guy says.

Brian and I are thinking about how we are going to trap them and find a home for them. They are too small and precious to be out in this.

You and Brian are wonderful to help those poor babies!:littleangel:

Means scrounge for dinner. Not going out in this hard downpour.

Sounds like a plan! I wouldn't go out in that!

The sun has come out here. It’s very nice out right now. Too bad it won’t last.

I hope Florence doesn't affect you too bad! I keep hoping she will weaken and move fast upon landfall!

Quiet night! Just me and the cats! We've been napping together on the couch! Guess I better get moving and do a little something tonight!

How many cats on the couch with you?
All 8 of them?

I have 2 cats and they hog the couch when I want to sit and watch tv

GDs grade school has a small fundraiser each month that supports the in school ‘store’ which is for kids who cannot afford or parents refuse to purchase each semester’s supplies. This month’s is crazy hair day. Gotta give to to DiL for creativity. The hair is pulled thru the tray and put into a ‘bun maker’, with the cheeseburger wrap on top.

Your DiL was very creative with that idea for sure.

How many cats on the couch with you?
All 8 of them?

I have 2 cats and they hog the couch when I want to sit and watch tv

Just 2! :cat::cat: Smokey was behind my head so nice pillow! and Milo was my footrest! Yep- there are times that they take up most of the furniture! Luckily, they like their cat trees and will sleep there most of the time!

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby pattyw. May you have many, many more.

Thanks, Robo!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter