Something About Nothing ... #12

Sun and 25 this morning! Lots of cleaning to do today before vacation!

Glad you're a bit better today charade!

houseofthrees- we'll miss you by a few days-we're in Orlando 5/23-5/27

Lynne- one of our cats is Smokey! I usually use people names for them, but he came to us from the SPCA as an older cat and was named already so we kept it!

Finish my coffee and to the laundry and cleaning I shall go!

Take it easy though Charade, glad to hear you're up to eating out. Yeah, we get snow tomorrow, during commuting hours, so we will see if any late arrivals come or not.

Patty, that's funny that your cat has the same name as mine did. He also came from the pound with his sister, but my brother took her and I took him. He was huge and sweet. Had him for almost 16 years. Sam was a neighbor's cat that they left when they moved. So we took him. Both were named before we got them. I too like to name my pets with people names, but don't always. Our last dog was Tiger, a orange and black brindle boxer that we adopted when she was 4 to 6 weeks old.

A Wahoo for you as well, Patty's Spring Break is this week!

It is cool inside, I should have worn a sweater. More tea for me.

It’s snowing. The kids had spring break last week and today it’s snowing.I’m a little surprised that we don’t have at least a 2 hour delay today.
Plans for today: take B to school then do nothing else until it is time to pick her up. Well, I may go out and get lunch at some point.

Don’t get Chinese food...

Don’t get Chinese food...

I’m actually avoiding Mexican right now. Even though I know the food didn’t make me sick, I just can’t stomach it right now.

I was going to spend all day relaxing in my recliner but......
2h6hd0j.jpg

I’m actually avoiding Mexican right now. Even though I know the food didn’t make me sick, I just can’t stomach it right now.

2h6hd0j.jpg
Totally understand

Never move a kiitty that is sleeping

Last edited:

2h6hd0j.jpg
Your kitty looks like my Fluffy.

Was a beautiful day here......

But, rain tomorrow........just when we thought spring was here.....but, it’s not too cold, so that’s something.

Been watching Person of Interest from the beginning again.......such a good show. And I love seeing all the sights of NYC again.......

Hope everyone’s doing good........

Yeah, it was just three nights. Now I'm about 6 days behind here!
Glad you are back.

Bet your trip was great!
You gonna share it
with us?

Maybe it is colder in Chicago now than when you were there......
Snowing on opening day for the Cubs

Glad you are back.

Bet your trip was great!
You gonna share it
with us?

Maybe it is colder in Chicago now than when you were there......
Snowing on opening day for the Cubs
It was around 40 all weekend. We ate at a couple of our favorite dives, walked around Marshall Fields saturday and bought a new watch. They were having a Spring Flower Festival and everything was decorated.

There's a Social Hour every evening where drinks are free for guests. First night was a bartender we hadn't met before. As he saw everybody including the chef come up to us to say hi, he commented we were like celebrities there. Sunday we were hanging out with all the guys in the lobby and after we went into the restaurant to eat somebody approached the front desk and asked the guys if we were somebody famous. I guess they played along with it.

Friday night we ordered Lou Malnati's pizza. Saturday we still had half a pizza left, so I went down to ask how we might be able to warm it up. I talked to Ray the bellman, same guy who let Molly take one of their luscious pillows home last time. Ray said "Give me a call when you're ready and I'll come get it and warm it up for you." They are just the best.

Sunday was April Fool's Day of course, so the bar gang pranked Engineering. They called to report a "leek" in the dishwasher. Guy came up with tools and a flashlight and sure enough, they had put a leek in the dishwasher. Funny.

We STILL had some pizza left over Sunday evening. Earlier we were talking to Chef Moussa and I mentioned how nice it was for Ray to warm up our pizza. Moussa said "Next time bring it to me. I have a pizza oven." So he did that for us and also threw in a Caesar salad and a fancy meat and cheese plate. We really love this place!

You are a celebrity there!

Kind of like the old show Cheers, where everybody knows your name

Sounds like a fantastic trip squirlz!!! Always nice to be made to feel special.......::yes::

Well, weather people were correct.....rain started 11pm last night.....and hasn’t stopped yet, winds are high but not that cold........spring must be around the corner........

Off to physio appointment now......hopefully not too many appts to go..........

Won’t be doing much else today......far too grey and miserable.........hope weather is better wherever you are today.........:wave2:

Good Morning Schumi. Yep, thankfully, the temp is warm enough, so more rain this morning, rather than snow that we had last night. It was a foggy ride, with 37 out, my car seemed to think icy roads out there, but nope, just wet. Dark gray sky is greeting the sunrise. Oh well. They say this low weather system will be outta here by afternoon. And the excitement? One day of early summer temps, sunny Saturday, Then we go back to the 50's temps again. \

It's Tuesday, so eat a taco!

I need tea, it's going to be that kinda day.

Good morning everyone! Sunny and 31 here- dusting of snow on the ground! Temps will be climbing in the next few days but that will bring the rain in! We leave for Orlando tomorrow- looks like some great weather there! I hope I don't curse it by coming in town! It seems like the last few times we were there a cold front moved in.

Schumi and Lynne- sounds like we have the same depressing weather!

Squirlz- love your kitty avatar!

Is it lunch time yet? Hungry for some reason. Sun has now come out at times, but at 40, and a wind, I may cut short my lunchtime walk. Sun has made quick work of drying up the snow and rain, but it still feels damp.

Now what to eat...... May wander over to the grocery store.

A quick drop in for me

Just a heads up that Robbie aka Robo is in the hospital and will be transferred to another one for surgery

She arrived home safely from the drive of Florida to Indiana I believe it was Saturday?

(Days blend together for me)

Late Sunday she was having severe pain and went to the hospital I guess after midnight

What they could do they did but more surgery will be done at a larger hospital

She told me I could give a heads up about this “little side vacation “ she is now on

Robbie, know you are reading and truly hope all will go fine with the hospital transfer and surgery

Sending gentle hugs and prayers to you

You are so fortunate that this emergency did not happen during that long drive from Florida to your northern home

If you need emergency help/surgery, while traveling, always more peace of mind to it happening near home

Ask for the minion suite when you get transferred to the other hospital

Gentle hugs!

Robbie...Hugs and prayers for a quick recovery :hug: you are one special lady and we will miss you while you're on your little vacation :goodvibes

Robbie, sending lots of get well wishes and hope the surgery is quick, pain free, and you recover fully. Hugs and prayers sent.

images
or upload_2018-4-10_13-24-58.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter