Something About Nothing ... #12

And the cats will have a cat party while you are gone

Ours always do

With the weather you have had, you need that time in Orlando !

Morning all! Rare sunshine fooled me this am. Let the pooch out and got slapped in the face with temps verging on the teens, who needs coffee when you’ve got that?

May break 35 today, not before i’m out & about with a full day.

Buckeev (who always comes up bucket BTW) enjoy, enjoy. You have certainly earned it after all that was dumped upon your plate.

Yeah, welcome to kids sports Keisha. Prices are crazy. Cleats for little one can run $150 and up. I'm ready, umbrella, winter coat, and blanket. Little one thought if I didn't want to watch, she could take her friend with her. Um, no, driving in a mix of snow and rain, I want to go, and I enjoy watching. Er, talking with other parents. LOL Little one did T-ball when young, and stopped when boys did baseball and girls did softball (I think around 7?). Little one thought that was unfair. So, soccer it was. She also did gymnastics from little, until 7th grade. Then I made her pick which sport. Soccer won. Though she runs track for school, and last year, did basketball (yeah, mom, they needed bodies, I think she needed another pair of sneakers).

Love the countdowns Robo. Hope you are enjoying your coffee.

Mac, glad to hear you are all coffee filled up too. Not sure the word. We call ours screened in. Some here have such, that they call it their summer rooms. Some also put heat and make it an outdoor room, to use more than one season. I hate bugs, so screened in places to enjoy the outdoors is good with me. Darn house flies are out. We get horse flies too, and they are big buggers.

At least this rain is bringing warmer temps. Will be close to 50 this afternoon. I guess we are to have a cool April.

Im still surprised how much the prices have increased. Yea, i hear you on softball of which i know absolutely squat. Mush ball, well, that’s another thing. Very popular herewith the beer leagues, it’s a much bigger ball (16 inch circumference?) and soft. All the better so the drunks don’t hurt themselves hahaha. It’s a ‘burg thing.

Yes, when I posted the welcome to houseofthrees i listed the words separately and then went back to edit after posting to make it one word.
I posted at first as three words.

Auto correct kept screwing it up on me.

I almost listed it as treehouse.......

We gotta come up with a nickname as we oft do treehouse works for me lol

This coming from woman with a mouthful of a screen name :)

Ooh more food talk! We love salmon in our house, son eats it cooked or raw (sushi).

I went way way too long between appointments-actually got the root touch up a couple weeks ago to blend in the highlights/roots/grey. rearranging schedule for the quick March trip left me with no open days or available appointments until yesterday.

still nice here, high of 51 this afternoon, tonight and overnight temps drop and dusting to 1" of snow expected-in April. In SW MO. Now if I still lived in MI or North Dakota this would be a normal thing. Horrible childhood flashbacks with snow in April :rotfl2:

Love it! Watched a retrospective last night. Forgot many of the boohooing clips from dissatisfied homeowner...and the straw & feather walls.

How did I forget sushi? Now i’ll Be dreaming of that all day

Funny how hair appts tend to revolve around travel

Did anyone hear that really loud scream this morning? That was me realizing that I left my debit card in a restaurant in Roanoke last night. I debated whether it was worth it to make the 2 hour round trip (more like 2.5 hours since I need to drop B off somewhere first) back to the restaurant. I finally decided against it. I just had the bank cancel the card and issue a new one. They have given me a temporary card until the new one gets here.

I had to drop dh at the airport this morning. He is on his way to a week long convention in Las Vegas. Oh the hardships he must endure for his job.

Next I am taking B to do an overnight history program at a local college. I will have this evening and most of tomorrow all to myself.

Houseofthrees - Welcome to the group.

Schumi - It always seems if am not looking to buy anything I can find something I would like. If I go shopping fo something specific I can never find what I want. I went shoe shopping on Monday and found out that my favorite shoes have been discontinued.

Macraven - I think I am using less southern words now that I now longer live in Georgia. I don’t think I’ll ever stop saying y’all though.

Keisha - I used to watch Trading Spaces all the time, but am not sure if I will watch the new one or not. Here’s some useless trivia - Ty Pennington and I are from the same city (Mariettta, GA). We went to different high schools, but may have graduated the same year.

Lynne & Keisha - You both mentioned Alaska. I really want to go back and visit again.

I’m off to make sure B has everything she needs for her weekend. I’m not sure what I am going to do with my free time.

If you squint, having the mr away is a staycation. Stinks re the account fiasco, hope it all settles soon. Been there, done that, glad my bank offers a feature to link all my accounts JIK then funds automatically flop over to cover my ahem mistakes

Yes, my iPad wants to put houseofthrees as trees too, and separate words.........

Charade, that’s me too.......sometimes I’m lucky, but if I set out for clothes I very rarely get anything.......but go for something else and I see loads of stuff.......dh is used to me now and never minds how many clothes I buy.......

Been a very lazy night........think I’m in for something.........had a warm bath and in thick and not very glamorous jammies and big thick winter socks with smiley faces on them.......and Santa’s now I look at them..........

Don’t need to go out all weekend............

Doing crossword puzzles tonight too........the high life on a Friday night.

To my chagrin was humbled when I tried to do the big sunday crossword last week.

I am finally getting a free moment to relax. Work was so hectic today- the last work day before vacation next week. Why are there so many emergencies when you are trying to coast into vacation mode! And the SNOW today didn't help. So many accidents today- roads were very icy.
Went out for Chinese - in Canada tonight. We live 15 minutes from Ft Erie, ON. Watch some tv and bedtime!

Hope everyone here had a nice day! See you tomorrow!!

So, where are we going? :)

I’m trying to place that fort & failing. Have visited the one on US soil, north of falls on lake.

Before the days of passport requirements, I would dread coming back/crossing border from Canada. Buffalo either has the most ‘efficient’ TSA agents or we look positively sketchy lol

And the cats will have a cat party while you are gone

Yep- we can tell from all the stuff that is knocked over !!

So, where are we going? :)

I’m trying to place that fort & failing. Have visited the one on US soil, north of falls on lake.

Before the days of passport requirements, I would dread coming back/crossing border from Canada. Buffalo either has the most ‘efficient’ TSA agents or we look positively sketchy lol

Orlando!!:cool1:to visit younger one in CP. So, no Universal parks this time:(

Yep- we don't go to Canada as much as in the past because of the lines at the border and security. In fact we had't gone in years- just started going back- border security lines have gotten a little faster.

I'm sure you're not sketchy:D just got the over zealous ones!

It's funny the questions they ask. The other day when we were going to have our Chinese dinner, they come to the car and see it's the two of us and take our ID, ask where we're going, and then he asks "is it just the two of you for dinner- are you meeting anyone?" Hubby says No, just us. He waves us on. I felt really bad like he thinks we have no friends!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Sorry for the uncooperative user name. Back when I joined the boards we had 3 kiddos, 3 cats and 3 dogs. (still have the kiddos and cats, but currently only have 1 very pampered pup.)

Lynne ~ I am anxiously awaiting spring, too. Seems like we have winter forever, a week of spring, and then jump straight to summer. I have been telling my clan that our week of spring will probably occur here while we are enjoying our trip to FL.

Robo ~ I grew up here and I avoid driving in Nashville at all costs, lol. Green Hills Mall is a lovely malls to spend an afternoon in .

Mac ~ “fixin” is definitely a word you need in your vocabulary around here. I lived in Arizona for a few years when I was in high school. I remember my best friends family laughing at me for saying I was “fixin’ to have a sandwich for lunch”. I couldn’t figure out what they thought was so funny about a sandwich…. LOL. We have a Culvers about 5 mins from the house. Ah…Mount Eagle. Somehow I always get to drive that part on our way to Universal.

Kids sports, we have done them all, too. Youngest is currently in baseball. 1st game of the season got called half way in because of lightning. 2nd game cancelled because of rain. 3rd cancelled because of snow.

Charade ~ Hope you feel better quickly. Kidney stones are so horrible!

Manykalyn ~ Glad to see the review on Ready Player One. I have been curious about it.

Hope everyone has a great rest of their Sunday. Heading out to see Wicked tonight with the hubby and should probably go get ready.

Anyone brave enough to have 3 cats, 3 dogs and kids all at one time, fits in here real fine.

Welcome to your new home away from home here.

I guess you are fixin to stay with us......

Back in from visiting our friend with the unique tequila as it has become known.......he loved the bottle! So we were pleased he liked it........

Pattyw.....yes, we did......we bought a bottle for ourselves and bubble wrapped that too in hold luggage and prayed they both survived......then we bought 4 bottles at airport in Duty Free.......2 bottles of rum, 1 Hennessy brandy and another tequila........we did ok!!!

Charade hope you feel better......kidney stones aren’t fun! I had my gallbladder removed many years ago after a long time with Gallstones.......never known pain like it.......

MonyK we use the Chinese plastic tubs for batch freezing food too.....ideal for when I cook a giant pork butt or shoulder.......ideal 2 portion size.........

Mac, your cats have a life of luxury when you’re home!!! Hope Luna is doing ok.......

Janet, I felt very silly not knowing some answers to some very obvious questions in my crosswords!!! I try to do the hard set of questions first, then go for the easier questions if I get stuck!

Houseofthrees.........Love Wicked!!! Have seen it 4 times on Broadway and once in London........got to be my favourite show ever! Enjoy...........

So, had a lovely visit with friend and one of his daughters was home.......love spending time with them.......

Now watching a rerun of the Grand Prix today......yes, we were happy with the result........:D Then probably bed around 10.30 or maybe 11 if the eyes stay open.........up early as DS leaves at 6.45 for work.......I always get up to see him off.........

Hope your Sunday had been a good one..........

Well-more snow showers this am, then sleet, then more flurries. Nothing sticking now. Let the hens out for a bit before it started but they prefer their comfy warm coop.

Have Christmas socks on (laundry day), so what with the snow/cold (in spite of blooms on my fruit trees) decided to just go with the never ending winter and made stew. Bubbling away on stove, made beer cheese bread too. Had to send the hubby to convenience store this am for wine for the broth:P

Well got interrupted to eat LOL!. So good. Used the last of my garden carrots. Now I will have to pay for carrots until (IF!!) I get my garden planted...

Charade-hope you feel better soon-you've had a rough week!

Have fun seeing the kidult Pattyw!

Houseofthrees-jealous now-have never seen Wicked, although I love the soundtrack/music!

Lots of cat people here - wish we could be one but too many allergic-so we settle for the neighbors kitty.

Found a sale on the Best Western in Disney springs for kid drop off next month-like a steal even with added fees. Feel like sending another email to Disney showing the price and telling them if adding parking fees is "industry standard" then they need to lower prices of rooms! :sad2:

Hi houseofthrees! Cat mom here too!! You're going to UO in May- when? We are there 5/23-5/25 then moving on to Disney 5/25-5/27.

schumi- we also bubble wrapped some wine we purchased in N Carolina a few weeks ago. TSA opened our bag and unwrapped the wine- but they didn't sample it and wrapped it back up. So it made it home ok!

Monyk- neighbor cats are nice, too. You can love him and send him home- no cleaning litter boxes!
Kidult- I like that word!!!

I’m adding the word kidult to my Mac vocabulary

Could not make dinner this evening
Had a cat on my lap the last hour

I do have my priorities

Told Mr Mac we will have his favorite dinner
Taco Bell chalupas
Easy dinner for me to handle

He knows Walking Dead is on tonight and I will disappear at 8:00
Gotta rewatch last weeks episode first

houseofthree

Whew finally got that spelled out as spellcheck kept erasing it

I have two cats
An orange female named Luna and a half Russian blue female

We named her Blue R because Russian B sounded too weird....

Both indoor pets and declawed

We got our boys through college and now the cats are eating up our money from dental surgeries, vet appt, and food

Hi everybody :wave2:

Just a quick check in before I join mac in walking dead watching.

Charade :hug: hope you're feeling better soon...what a tough week.

Three, have a wonderful trip :goodvibes

Carole, Janet, Robo, Lynne, monyk, patty and mac...stay warm and have a great night.

Hello everyone. I would say good morning but my morning has not been good. Just after midnight I started getting very sick and my right side was really hurting. I finally decided to go to the ER and I have a kidney stone and minor infection. Hopefully this one won’t be as bad as the last one.
YIKES!!!!! Get better QUICK!!!

Charade, sending good wishes you are feeling better,

Game over, tie, but that is okay. Ended up with cleat to ankle, and now black and blue. Oh well. Then errands and made steak sandwiches for dinner. Kids, I think had a pre and post one too.

Little one wanted a Taco Bell run, but none on our errand run, so none to have.

Will be an early bedtime. Work and school week start tomorrow.

Enjoy a nice night.

Good evening everyone and thank you for all of your well wishes. I am feeling much better now than I did this morning. This was so badly timed with dh being away and B not being able to drive yet. Thankfully some friends from church came to the hospital. One drove me home while the other drove my car home. I took a nice long nap and then went out long enough to get my prescriptions filled and get B somethig to eat. I decided to stick to saltines and ginger ale for the rest of the day. I took another nap this evening, but still feel sleepy. I think I am still feeling the effects of the pain meds they gave me in the hospital. I’m going to take tomorrow of off work for some more recovery time.

Charade thank you for letting us know that update

It’s scary what you went through especially with your husband out of town

Hope you get a full nights sleep and the pain eases up real soon

:hug:

Mac ~ We are known to keep a pretty full house. Our family thinks we are a bit crazy. Love the kitties’ names. One of ours is also a Russian Blue. Her name is Lady Jane Grey (we are somewhat history nerds). We also have Clawdia (himalayan-persian mix) & Molly

Schumi ~ This was our first time seeing Wicked, but we loved it! I could easily see it being my favorite, too.

Kidult…Yep, I like that word.

Pattyw~ We will be there 5/13-5/20. We have somehow fallen into a May/December pattern with our trips. We planned on mixing it up this year, but we failed, lol.

We got home too late to watch The Walking Dead. Gonna have to save it for tomorrow evening.

Glad you enjoyed Wicked HoT....... it is a phenomenal show and was everything I hoped it would be.........love the Lady Jane Grey reference, a very under rated woman of history that's for sure.

And for us dog lovers as there are just so many cat people here............

Misty morning for us all over today........starting to clear up now though........

Been shopping for fresh groceries and not sure what we`re going to do today......maybe nothing..........

upload_2018-4-9_7-6-25.jpeg
images

Why yes it is. And a lovely 31 to start, car, yes, it could be icy, but the rain and snow only made the shore area wet.

Week-end went fast, as two hour or so long rides after going over the river. Spring Soccer. Yeah, where the parents have winter coats on, with winter gloves and hats, and wrapped in blankets.

Hello jet stream, I'd like you to move much further north. These northern winds giving us cool days is not what I think April temps should be.

Hey, at least we are dry until tomorrow, then we will see the snow once again. If it wasn't for the briskly wind yesterday, it was a beautiful sunny day. That late afternoon sun was golden. Today. cloudy horizon, but sun can be seen. No pink, just brightness.

With that,

Charade, I am glad you are resting today, and hope your get well soon. Yep, stuff always happens when DH is gone for extended times.

Schumi, ah, a day of leisure sounds great. Like the minion.

While I've only had dogs since I was married, (yes, we are a family with cat allergies) I'm a dog and cat lover. Enjoy hearing the names of all the cats. I had Smokey (gray and black stripe tabby) and Sam (orange stripe, short haired), both males that I had growing up.

Have not seen Wicked, but would like to. Have not been to a play in NYC in some time.

MonyK, glad to hear the Ready Player One movie was good. I may have to go by myself, as both kids do not see interested in it. We too pre-ordered movie tickets to watch Infinity War. Kids are looking forward to that movie, well older one is clearly interested in seeing it. Booked at the movie theater that has those lounge seats, and you can reserve them. While they won't bring food to ya, they now have a bar. We'll be popcorn and maybe pretzel bites, and soda.

:coffee: Now I need tea. And some pom poms, as Buckeev is leaving this week! That deserves a Wahoo. :dancer:

:music:

It’s snowing. The kids had spring break last week and today it’s snowing.I’m a little surprised that we don’t have at least a 2 hour delay today.
Plans for today: take B to school then do nothing else until it is time to pick her up. Well, I may go out and get lunch at some point.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter