Something About Nothing ... #12

Bacon is a main food group.........along with wine!!! And Rum!!!

All three are prevalent in our home..............

Breakfast tomorrow is simple bacon sandwiches........bit of a change from the feast we enjoyed this morning......my friend really is the queen of putting on a feast whether it be an elaborate dinner to a fancy breakfast........

Just watched Trick r Treat...........odd little movie but funny.......glad I saw it and wished we’d watched it before we saw the scare zone last year........now it all makes sense.........will look forward to seeing it brought to life this year.......

Quite mild tonight......despite being dreary outside......

Bed is an hour or so yet..........now watching Outlander..........everyone and their mother has been telling me to watch it.........looking good so far..........

https://www.foodiewithfamily.com/slow-cooker-honey-sesame-chicken/ Recipe I use although I tend to eyeball the measurements for the sauce. I also use whatever chicken pieces I have. the sauce makes quite a bit so can put extra pieces in easily.

I'm sure the kitties would love bacon Mac LOL!

Dreary day-rain nearly all day. Missed son's soccer game (in the rain!) due to middle and I had signed up to volunteer at Home Builder Show-the association pays my club to man the doors/take tickets. Easy money for our club, and DD needs the volunteer hours. Stopped at store on way home to get a few things-thinking baked potato soup in crockpot tomorrow - will have all the toppings (cheese,sour cream, bacon) to make it loaded. Still to be cool and dreary...And DH has kickoff for volleyball club tomorrow (yay to the 200 cases of chocolate bars being GONE from my living room/entry way!!!!) and middle wants to go to afternoon swim for swim team (strictly voluntary at this point but good conditioning for when season starts next month).

Charade the cheesecakes sound amazing!
Lynne-glad the sleep headed off the headache. Sometimes that is all you can do!

Hi to all!

Wine with dinner (leftovers) is making me sleepy. Think I'm gonna get coffeepot ready for am and head off to bed to read til I fall asleep...

Today was a pretty good day. We got B’s ballet photo re-taken. She looks a lot less like a ghost now. Dh and I picked up the flooring for Bs little room. Now we just need for the installers to contact us with an installation date.

Bobbie - 17 seems to be a difficult age to have a birthday party. For various reasons, we had B’s 17th party 2 months late. Several of the friends she invited couldn’t come because the had to work. She ended up with i femal friend and 5 or 6 guy friends at her party. She knows a lot of cute boys, but isn’t dating any of them.

MonyK - I’m going to check out that honey sesame chicken recipe.

I don’t really have a college team to cheer for. I’m sitting her listening to dh go nuts becasue his team is losing again.

Caspian is 4 years old. Should I have his teeth checked at his next appointment?

B’s mouse ears arrived okay. They look great. Now we just have to wait until she can wear them.

Good evening! We had a fun day at Universal today! We had lunch at the Kitchen at HRH then on to the Studios. It's Rock the Universe so the Studios closed at 6pm- really crowded!! We headed over to IOA- with everyone not attending Rock the Universe- really crowded there. Had a nice, fun dinner- did the Marvel character dinner. We had the last seating so there were only about 6 other families. It was a nice buffet and real fun character interactions. They spent a lot of time with us just chatting!

Tomorrow it's off to Sea World and then flying home. Less than 3 weeks until our fall trip- and less for many of you! Hope to meet up!!

Mac- We had a cat that lost all of her teeth and she still ate dry food- guess she gummed it!
Lynne- Sorry about the headache!
Keisha- hope your foot feels better by trip time!
Charade- that's a funny dream! I have weird ones, too! Sometimes Joe tells me I'm screaming in my sleep! and I don't even watch scary shows!
Monyk= Thx for the yummy recipe!
Bobbie- Hope the B-day party went well!!

:wave: to everyone else!

Well pattyw, hope you don’t scream in your sleep after you do hhn....

I’ll hold your hand when going through the houses as long as you don’t have long nails

Enjoy your day at sea world tomorrow and have a safe flight back home

Charade, our cat had wicked awful breath

When at the vet for cat shots and yearly physical, told the doc her breath could knock us out!

He did a good job checking her mouth and found the gums swollen and inflamed

He said that was the sign of gum and teeth issues

(Cat never complained or acted like she had pain when she ate )

Oh Charade bless her...….photos can look so bad at times!!!! I remember my work ID picture from many moons ago......I did actually look like a corpse!!!! Not pretty.....and everyone else seemed to have lovely pictures...…...lol.....

Sunday again...…………….busy morning...….3 loads of laundry including both beds and one spare bed...….3 bathrooms cleaned, grocery shopping done and dinner in slow cooker.....whole chicken with bbq seasonings and spices......just have baby potatoes and veg to do tonight.

This afternoon is ironing and will start clearing Kyle`s bathroom for when men come Wednesday...…...I am so glad I am going to miss all the mess!!!! Kyle will keep the hall, stairs and landings as tidy as possible...….but it`ll be a mess. These guys are good at not being too messy though so fingers crossed!!!

Then tomorrow waxing appointment and hair appointment Tuesday...…….

Good Morning homies. Yep, Sunday has arrived, and happy that the day is one of rest.

Did some grocery shopping with little one yesterday. Who knew there would be crowds at dinner time grocery shopping. Long lines. Little one complained most was stuff in our cart was stuff older one would eat. Told her to find stuff she likes. She said nothing, not sure what I want to eat. She was quite annoying the whole day. Yeah, should have left her home. Sleepovers tend to have little sleep, so her claims of sleeping 8 hours the night before, was not that believed. I went to bed around 11:30 last night. Asked both kids to go to bed, but not sure when both did. Night owls, both of them.

Woke up at 3 am, heavy rain, so went back to sleep until around 7. Quiet house, that meant nice hot shower and now, some tea. Think will wake the kids around 9. Only older one has school tomorrow. Little one has off for the New Year. Hope all homies celebrating the New Year have a happy and healthy new year. We will have a good New Year dinner at the deli and restaurant place we all like. Reservations were made weeks ago. I used to go to my mom’s, but she has just gone out to dinner with us for several years now. If I get ambitious, may make some noodle kugel. Will not put raisins in it though, I don't like raisins in my rice pudding or kugel.

A closing:

Woot to Schumi. A three day countdown!

A yay and safe travels to Patty.

Yum, and thanks for sharing recipe MonyK.

Glad retaken pictures were better Charade.

And well wishes sent to Robo, Keisha, Mac, Wendy and any other homie needing it.

:umbrella::wave2:

Good Morning!

Cold and rainy here- Im off to my Mom's to close the pol (saddest day of the year IMO), then Im meeting a friend for dinner and a movie. I dont want to put socks on yet, but Im sure if I dont Ill be really cold. The dream of moving to a warm climate is real....

Lynne- Happy New Year- wishing you a happy healthy blessed year!

Patty- Sounds like you are having a great trip! Our next one is so close!

Waving Hi to MAC, Monyk; Schumi, Bobbie, Tink, Tgrgrl; Keisha, Robo, Charade and anyone else I missed!

Enjoy the weekend!

If I get ambitious, may make some noodle kugel. Will not put raisins in it though, I don't like raisins in my rice pudding or kugel.

Yumm!!

A yay and safe travels to Patty.

Thx!!

Im off to my Mom's to close the pol (saddest day of the year IMO),

Yep- closed ours last week:(

Patty- Sounds like you are having a great trip! Our next one is so close!

It's a nice quick trip- just gearing up for the longer one! We are getting very close!!:cheer2:

Good morning to everyone:wave: Packing up, off to breakfast, then on to Sea World before we leave later. We haven't been to SW in a few years so excited to go visit all the animals! :love: We're getting AP's so we can visit often!:thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great day! Watching weather reports about the hurricanes very closely! I'm not happy about Florence! Looks like she's headed to NC and the Outer Banks:(

Good morning everyone. Hoping to have a quiet day today. It’s nice and cool this morning, but also gray and gloomy.

Schumi - I have dark hair and pale skin. One year I made the mistake of wearing a cream colored sweater when I had my driver’s license renewed. I was so washed out looking that it was actually kind of funny.

Lynne - I have heard of kugel but have never had any. One of our therapists will off tomorrow for the holiday so that will make my day quieter.

Ckmiles - I recommend south Florida. When we lived in Miami B and I used to go to the neighborhood pool in November.

Patty - Enjoy Sea World. I have only been there a couple of times, but really liked it.

Brrr and blubb been some time since I’ve seen that tropical straight down sort of constant rain

Perfect day to make a big pot of soup to warm the gizzards. Had it for brunch lol. Getting ready to start Chicken wings & then the handcut fries and gravy to watch the game. Sure hope we don’t have browns if all teams upset us lol

Dipped into 50s last night here, will rebound to 89s end of week. Told DH to not even think of closing pool this week
Good evening! We had a fun day at Universal today! We had lunch at the Kitchen at HRH then on to the Studios. It's Rock the Universe so the Studios closed at 6pm- really crowded!! We headed over to IOA- with everyone not attending Rock the Universe- really crowded there. Had a nice, fun dinner- did the Marvel character dinner. We had the last seating so there were only about 6 other families. It was a nice buffet and real fun character interactions. They spent a lot of time with us just chatting!

Tomorrow it's off to Sea World and then flying home. Less than 3 weeks until our fall trip- and less for many of you! Hope to meet up!!

Mac- We had a cat that lost all of her teeth and she still ate dry food- guess she gummed it!
Lynne- Sorry about the headache!
Keisha- hope your foot feels better by trip time!
Charade- that's a funny dream! I have weird ones, too! Sometimes Joe tells me I'm screaming in my sleep! and I don't even watch scary shows!
Monyk= Thx for the yummy recipe!
Bobbie- Hope the B-day party went well!!

:wave: to everyone else!

No scary shows but doing multiple HHNs eh? This is going to be good JK. I forget have u done the event in the past?

Don’t care if is in PC, love SW! The pace is so chill and always something new to experience wasn’t going to do it in Oct but may consider Breezing past if I’m not feeling trekking miles one day in other parks

Not difficult to justify keeping the Ap going there as to low cost and the huge DC discount

I’ll hold your hand when going through the houses as long as you don’t have long nails

Enjoy your day at sea world tomorrow and have a safe flight back home

Lol take one for the team

:laughing: I feel better already!

Getting ready to start Chicken wings & then the handcut fries and gravy to watch the game.

Yumm!! Your in Steeler country right? I'll be checking in on my Bills today!

No scary shows but doing multiple HHNs eh? This is going to be good JK. I forget have u done the event in the past?

Don’t care if is in PC, love SW! The pace is so chill and always something new to experience wasn’t going to do it in Oct but may consider Breezing past if I’m not feeling trekking miles one day in other parks

Not difficult to justify keeping the Ap going there as to low cost and the huge DC discount

Yep- did HHN twice before. No- I don't watch any of those shows or movies. I've seen the old ones- The Shining, Halloween, Poltergeist (parts of it!) so I don't really know what I'm seeing in the houses. LOL! I do like the tours because they tell you the details and that's what I'll look for. Then I just tell myself that the people scaring me are just kids trying to pay their bills! I'm there for the group fun and booze!:laughing:

SW is relaxing! I could watch the dolphins all day!:)

Good Morning Homies!!!

High here today will only make 62. 4 days ago it was in the 90's with Real Feel Temps around 103. Rain, Rain, Rain and more rain. There was one day that looked good in the forecast, but depending on Florence, end of the week looks like a washout as well. I am done. Refuse to put away my flip flops. But am sitting with a hoodie at the kitchen table having my coffee.

schumi....3 sleeps??
DisastrousShabbyCollardlizard.webp

Janet, going to watch the other PA football game today. Hoping for a better result than last night's Keystone Classic.

Need to get to the laundry...but other than that, it is the day of rest and snacks and Football

Have fun at SW. I had a not so fun story to tell ya about a tour there, Patty. Sounds like a great way to end your quick trip.

Kugel made. At least the kitchen smell good. Will be dropping off some for DM.

I hear ya Keisha. Was 57 when we went to breakfast at 9:30 this morning. Raining since early this morning and from the large blob of rain over us, will be all day.

Woot as Sunday football! Green today, and $1 cofffee. Good Sunday in my book. Later homies! Don’t float away, and take an ☔

Hi Sans:goodvibes:goodvibes and happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great weekend... I am still cleaning up from the party:scared: then off to bed. Liv had a nice day almost everyone made it some didn't stay long just popped in. It was nice to see her having a great time. She got nice gifts and was very appreciative.

Thank you everyone for the party and birthday wishes for her:goodvibes. it was very sweet and I appreciate it very much :D I let her pick her dinner tomorrow...homemade buffalo mac and cheese:thumbsup2.

Will try and catch up more tomorrow falling asleep and need to clean. Have a great night !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter