• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Drive by.

Been thinking about you all a lot lately! We have our annual September trip booked and we’ve been considering a RIP tour this year. Made me think of the tours you guys usually book and go hmmm. Any meet ups planned this year?

As many of you know my wedding was last fall after hubs returned from deployment. Hurricane Michael hit just 20 some days prior and my life has been a whirlwind in hyperdrive ever since. This month is the first time I’ve actually been able to chill since October. Cat 5 hurricanes are absolutely no joke and I hope none of you ever have to know what I’m talking about.

Hubs is going up for a job in Jacksonville FL, so I’ll be even closer than I am now. We’re currently house hunting in anticipation of getting the job. We’ll likely only be 2.5 hours to UOR which is exciting for me.

Anyways. Any plans or meet ups this year? Any tours that need extra peeps? Depending on our house buying situation we might be in!

I’ll be back later (probably tomorrow) to check in. Cheers and I hope everyone is doing amazing! Miss having the time to sit and talk.

Image result for first day of august

Related image

Image result for WINE FUNNIES

Image result for thursday wine funnies

Lynne....yep.....I prefer burgers that way......even in a restaurant I`ll eat with a knife and fork......does get some funny looks, but as someone who has crowns.....it makes sense.....lol......buns I`m not fond of......but will eat some......especially if it`s the donut burger at Teak!!!!

Charade....glad to roof went well...….

mac.....that freight train never stops!!!! lol......although I think it was me last night.......oops!!!!!

Pooh......congrats about the appointment Monday...….hopefully you`ll get some resolve to your issues.....not an easy thing to deal with.

It`s raining...…..still.

But, it`s August...…….I can say we go to Orlando next month :cheer2:

Cannot wait!!!! And apart from Tom`s birthday later in the month we have no real plans this month...….usual lunches and meets with friends.....but no weekends away...…..

Grocery shopping this morning and looking for sandals...….tried online but found somewhere that sells them in a town around 25 miles away...so will go and see if they have anything suitable.....if not, back to online.

Have a great Thursday everyone...……..

Quick good morning. Today should be interesting. We have 2 new therapists starting Monday and the boss hasn’t even added them to the scheduling software yet.

Happy birthday Tink. Hope you have a great day.

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Tink! Hope your birthday is awesome.

Well. My work computer is ready to not work anymore. So hoping for a new one. Mine is at least 3 years old.

Ah, the take your chance for another downpour. I do not want to win. Last night, storms were intense, trees down blocking roads, and major flooding in some areas. But drier today, sun and clouds so far, but gorgeous sun right now, so time for lunchtime walk before any bad weather decides to arrive.

Oh and hey TinyD, hope I get to say hi to ya this Fall if you are going to be there when I am. And woot! If you do become FLA residents.

Can you believe that my boyfriend had never seen Hocus Pocus until last night? I was shook I tell you. SHOOK!!! But that has been remedied and now he is no longer uncultured lol.

Also we got our tickets to go see IT 2 today! So excited!!

I missed some goodies last post...
Charade...it's hard with other peoples children. I feel the same way. I will probably be the same way. I don't know what it is, or how to explain it. They let their children set the rules...which in my books...should not happen. I find it frustrating, that parents don't want to parent their children. But i guess that's just me.
I call them free-range children. They tend to grow up to be very needy adults
Roofers arrived at 7:30 this morning just as I was waking up. I am hoping the rain hold of long enough for them to finish.
That is early indeed. Same here, despite the ordinance no construction until 8:30 am
Good morning homies!

Mr Mac snored most of last night and kept waking me up
Ever have one of those nights ?

(Welll not with Mr Mac, but with your better half)
Lol i gift that sort of symphony every night to the mr. Good thing he apparently has a mild hearing loss
Walked into village this afternoon for a meeting of the festival/event committee........everyone’s happy for the Berries and Bubbles evening to be put back till Christmas.....hoping the Autumn one will be kind of like a Harvest Festival......mid October we’ll have it......

Ooh ouch Keisha! Nothing like injuring yourself. Hope it heals quick. Yeah, that would have been me too. Glad to hear party was a success and even cake left over. Sweet!
I’ve always been a confirmed klutz
Janet, love the Exorcist thoughts...….lol.....hope the leg is doing better today...….poor GD!!! Must have been a sight...…..hope you enjoyed that left over cake...….
Hehe scary how the mind works at times. I overheard her telling one of her buddies at gymnastics today, they both turned to look at me and I made a scary face. Should’ve seen the look on their faces :)
My insurance won’t cover synthroid so I’m a cash customer
Talk about scary. i dread when we need to shift over from current insurance when the mr retires
Are we going to have to wrap you in bubble wrap?
Ooooh, i just love to pop bubble wrap. Two types of people in the world, those that are compelled and the ones that look at us sideways

The roof looks great and we have an extra box of shingles left over. Hopefully we won’t need them for a long while, but we will keep them in storage just in case.
Hmmph, never thought to ask for our leftover ones. Smart idea
Add me to the thyroid club. Mine is a fairly recent diagnosis. So far I seem to be doing well with Levothyroxine. I have an appointment at the end of the month to check.
Wow, more than a few in our little group here. Wonder if that ratio is the norm for general population?
Can you believe that my boyfriend had never seen Hocus Pocus until last night? I was shook I tell you. SHOOK!!! But that has been remedied and now he is no longer uncultured lol.

No idea presale started for IT. Will put it on my to do list.

So, Andy, you really need to start vetting your BFs better lol. It’s on regular rotation here starting end of August.
I’ve never seen Hocus Pocus.
Whaaaaaat? Have you seen Nightmare Before Xmas?

If you enjoy any of the following (great) actresses, they are at their best in this classic:

Bette Midler as Winifred "Winnie" Sanderson.
Kathy Najimy as Mary Sanderson.
Sarah Jessica Parker as Sarah Sanderson.

I must be related to Charade.
Haven't seen those movies either.

In fact, its been too long since I went to see a movie.....

We are having a nice thunderstorm right now - crazy winds and hail. I can’t find the cat anywhere. He has found a really good hiding place.

Did see that movie more then once, and have to say, not a fan. Sorry, just not.

Just missed that cell of rain. Some light rain and that was it. Charade, hope you’re done with the rain now.

Chilling. Went to the mall, crowded for some reason, but we saw not much of anything. Saw a nice pair of heels in a gun metal blue, but price and little one remarking I would not wear them, and they stayed on the table. Saw a pair of white flats, but not that interested in them either. At this time in summer, they even needed to be a lower price. Little one did get two shirts I know she will wear. Most stuff looks great on her. She did try on a bright magenta colored dress, but it was my turn to say, she’d never wear it. That went back in the rack. On the way home, we just had to stop for ice cream. It was that kinda evening.

Well, third amusement park universe. We will definitely go to Orlando when it is completed. Why we are doing cruises these next 2 years to wait it out.

Thank goodness it is Friday tomorrow. I so need to enjoy this 3 day weekend. And hope when I go back to work on Monday, my IT person better fix or replace my laptop pronto. Had troubl connecting all day today. Fine when your laptop has all on it, but mine is a dumb one, and all I have to connect to do my work. Pain in the tush day. On a positive note: I did clean out three 5 drawer file cabinets and two of mine. More than a few bags of shredded papers, folders, and books tossed.

Almost time for bed for me. DH is not feeling well, so we both did not get a good night sleep last night.

Have a nice night all, and hope the cat is no longer traumatized from the storm noise.

Later, and sweet dreams. Zzzzzz

The worst of the storm is over and the cat has emerged from his hiding place. I’m guessing he was hiding under a bed.
I order the cat’s litter through a subscription service. They recently introduced new cat treats. They sent a sample with my last order. I gave it to Caspian tonight. I think I have discovered kitty crack. I have never seen him that enthusiastic about food.

We are going shopping tomorrow. I hope I can talk B into getting some new clothes.

Lynne - I hope your husband is feeling better soon and you both can get some sleep.

Happy Birthday Tink! August is a good month for Birthdays!

Been busy week, and DH wants to back to lake for his birthday tomorrow. That will be 4 out of 5 weekends at the lake. His mom bought a pontoon so have to go check it out. I've gone through gallons of sunscreen this summer.
Bratty chickens are settling down now that they are laying eggs. Love getting the blue ones. But I am afraid our bossy Daisy hen is sick. She hasn't seemed to be herself-although she is still eating and drinking fine. Hoping it is just the heat, and possibly starting a molt-don't think she's laid an egg for a few days but she's soft so not one stuck in there (sorry if TMI LOL). She's gotten lots of cuddles lately while I do checks on her.
I’ve never seen Hocus Pocus.
:scared1::scared1::scared1: What?? Yeah that gets played every time on TV - I also have the book-it is bundled with the sequel. Saving it to read until October. Hocus Pocus and Christmas vacation are holiday staples around here.

Bit cooler today-have had some storms overnight and cleared things out it seems.

And another night I sit up so I can do a shout out to a homie....

well, the love interest of one of our homies......

:bday:

to Monyk 's main squeeze....Mr Monyk

Worked on this :cake: all evening just for him.....

(Monyk, I saved you from baking another cake this week.....)

Oh and hey TinyD, hope I get to say hi to ya this Fall if you are going to be there when I am. And woot! If you do become FLA residents.
We actually already live in FL. We're in Tallahassee currently which is 3.5-4 hours. If we're in Jax already though that would be a quick drive down for a meet up in the parks even if we can't do anything else though! Our annual trip is Sept 14-21 this year. RPR from 17-21 for now. We'll be on the disney side (not doing parks) for September 14-17 with parents in law.

Husband still hasn't. Forgot to put that in the pre-wedding paperwork. Tonight I learned he has a very large skill set for star trek trivia. Who knew??? not me.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful night.

Looks like I will miss you this september.
I arrive sept 29.....
Lynne does also I believe.

I think you should change your trip dates and come hang out with the cool kids in late September.......:crazy:

I might be off on some of the names but schumi will be at UO the month of September, Lynne, Janet/keishadow, myself, and it slips my mind who else would be there that week.
when a person ages, ahem...we screw up all types of facts.....If you do the parks earlier in the month, their will be other homies there at that time also.
Schumi is in her own category. She and her main squeeze will be at UO for a month in september
Tink i think will be there the middle of the month.

Janet.......mix me with the compelled group.......bubble wrap is one of the best things about getting parcels through the post! Although every time I hear the word compel.......reminds me of that line from The Exorcist.......lol........then straight to Austin Powers who needs a young priest and an old priest :rotfl: Love those actresses.......except SJP! Even in SaTC.......my niece however loves her.......lol........

Lynne.......hope your husband feels better. I have a slightly off colour one too last night and today.......just a bit off.......slight sore throat, slight ache and bit of a headache.......day of nursing him better I think! Hope you enjoy your longer weekend...

Charade.....enjoy your shopping day, hope you get some nice things......

MonyK.......:bday: to Mr MonyK.........sounds a lovely way to spend a birthday.......have a great weekend........

mac.....yes, there’s a few of us around in September and into October......hoping to meet with some if we can........hopefully times will work out even for a quick meet........

Friday.........yes, DH isn’t on top form today.......so doubt we’ll go far at all.....poured him a rather large honey bourbon last night......seemed to knock him out so at least he slept.....even if I didn’t .........lol.......will make him a curry for dinner from scratch today.......full of good spices to combat anything!

Got a couple of birthdays to buy for this month........not many, not as busy as September is for us........but excluding Tom, I think we have five birthdays and two anniversaries........one’s a teenager so that’s just money.....easy gift!

Dull and grey again today........where is our sunshine!

Have a great Friday........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter