Something About Nothing............ #14

Mr Mac and i are about to go to bed.
We sat up for the reviews after the game was over

We really enjoyed the game tonight and now all the jabber is a repeat of the game.

It was one of the better super games over the past years.
We ordered our pizza at game time this evening.

Come on over to my house and have a few slices of what is left of our pizza.

If no one shows up, will eat what is left for breakfast this morning.
It’s only 1:45 and will leave the light on for you if you c9ne soon and help finish the two pizzas we ordered.

If you don’t stop by to see us, we will end up having pizza again before we go to bed

It’s only 1:50 now but will leave the light on for you if you drop by within the next hour.

Please come as I don’t want to eat the pizza tomorrow morning!

free food, beverages included!

Watching puppy (& kitten bowl). Must resist another pet

Lower back growling more than it’s been, cutting back on grub I’m making today. Nobody will starve. Wings, spinach balls, artichoke & spinach stuffed giant ‘shrooms & fried ravioli. Can’t wait to try out the oven! Usual chips, pretzels & crackers. Nachos or hot pretzels if anyone wants. The mr chopping cheese & veggies as I type

Coming along nicely, thanks. Did ur bug from the other day pass?

Dunkin’ Donuts It honestly strikes me as rather obscene. Would be nice gesture to donate/tithe a small percentage on top of whatever good works (if any) he supports

I catch my breath when people discuss that as something they do lol

Dunkin Donuts! Wow, that`s a heck of a 30 seconds work.

Oh no one would ever starve in your home Janet, sounds good!! Hope the back got more comfortable and hope you loved using the oven too, yep, nothing like a new kitchen gadget!! When we built on and extended our kitchen adding a very modern look to the traditional farmhouse style that was there, I got most excited about the tall but slim wine fridge, it`s not as large as I`d have liked, but I loved it and kept wandering through to just look at it...or maybe it was the wine....... 🥰 But, happy new oven!!

I did like Kyle`s picture (naturally) but he doesn`t even break a sweat!!! You`d think they had been out for a sedate walk! I get exhausted just hearing of their training schedule!!!

Had to go search to see who won last night and I popped the news on this morning out of interest and so far not even a mention of it except a small mention of who won and that`s it.

Came back to say, just heard a comment on the SB ::yes::......apparently, Taylor Swift upped the young female viewing audience of it.......always interesting!!

Happy National Avoid the Supermarket Day. Today I am avoiding grocery stores and restaurants that serve pizza and/or chicken wings. No Super Bowl party for us. We will just watch at home this year.
I am still groggy from the nap I just woke from. Caspian woke me at 4:30 this morning. I refuse to feed him that early. It took me a while to get back to sleep, and then around 7:00 dh and whatever he ate yesterday had a violent parting of the ways. He’s feeling much better now, so I guess it was just something he ate not agreeing with him. I ended up napping through most of the puppy bowl.

I have no love or hate for either team today. I guess I will be watching for the commercials.

Yep, there are days we don`t go anywhere near grocery stores when there are large sports events on, easy to avoid though.

Hope you got a better sleep last night.

Mr Mac and i are about to go to bed.
We sat up for the reviews after the game was over

We really enjoyed the game tonight and now all the jabber is a repeat of the game.

If no one shows up, will eat what is left for breakfast this morning.
It’s only 1:45 and will leave the light on for you if you c9ne soon and help finish the two pizzas we ordered.

If you don’t stop by to see us, we will end up having pizza again before we go to bed

It’s only 1:50 now but will leave the light on for you if you drop by within the next hour.

free food, beverages included!

I`m looking for tea to drink right now mac, will leave everything for others, but glad you enjoyed the game!! Hope you get some guests to eat your pizza then you can have something different tonight!

Not too bad a day ahead of us, sun will be shining for most of it, should make the most of it as later in the week we have yet more rain heading our way, this has to be one of the wettest winters we`ve had.

I thought this was half term week for schools, but it`s next week, so I haven`t arranged to go in this week, will see maybe Friday if they want me to go in unless they have someone else for that day.

So, some shopping this morning for some fresh produce and then I promised to bake for Kyle`s colleagues, so will bake flourless chocolate cakes, they did enjoy them last time, so will make them this afternoon....the slices are very ooey and gooey, more ganache like than cake, so they`re very, very rich.

Looks like we won`t get back out walking just yet either with the rain coming in, but look forward to that when we can again.

Had my first pot of the day, after we`ve had showers and got dressed we`ll have breakfast and then out, lunch will be roast turkey open sandwiches and for dinner I`m making spicy pulled pork with wedges and salad. Tomorrow for breakfast as it`s Pancake Day, we`ll make pancakes!!

cv135-S.jpg

cv20-S.jpg

cv126-S.jpg

Have a lovely Monday ☺️

Ah, hear that alarm go off, ah yes, DH and I are up and already over an hour online. Certainly feels like a Monday.

Annoying that my web access failed twice before I could log on. I hope they fix that auto secure access that was working fine, until known issues were not satisfactory fixed. Was said was done, but nope, more issues found. Sigh. Guess the web access is annoyed it’s a Monday too.

But thankful still have teleworking today. And both of us are going to hear the trash trucks arrive before either kid is up.

36 degrees out now. So was nice to toss trash out in a bit cool weather. But ugh, tomorrow, winter weather advisory issued starting 3 am. Sigh. Will see if my office has anything to say about normal operating in the wee hours some of us, like me arrive. At least today, we get ever so close to 50 degrees the high, a degree less, 49 today, and any early morning ick tomorrow, will be just wet by later in the day, as 42 the high tomorrow. Then we should be in a dry spell for the next 7 days after Tuesday. And yay, full day of sunshine should be our Valentine’s Day. Though 27 degrees as I commute, and 37 degrees when I come home. Chilly feeling day. But glad to be rocking those sunglasses. Last couple of days had been overcast, though dry.

Most Magical Monday to all. May the coffee and tea be plentiful. Ah, early Monday morning. Ever so quiet enough in the home, and the next three days, that quiet in the office time.

It’s a rainy day for us.
Just a steady rain since this morning.

Our yard man said he will start mowing for us in two weeks.

(We usually do have the yard work started within February.)

Hope all the homies are doing fine!

Nice that your weather will be warm enough for gardening soon. We won`t be getting our lawns done till mid to late March at the earliest. Your roses will be blooming before you know it.

What a day!!!!

Got delayed from baking as one of my friends came round and stayed for lunch, so I started baking before she left.....I must have been distracted as the first cake was burnt and undercooked....that`s a good trick!!! With the flourless ones, they rise and then collapse into a moist and chewy like ganache....this one didn`t! Neither did the second one.....lol.....so I was thankful I had plenty of eggs, sugar and butter as well as chocolate. Made another 3 more and wondered if it was going to be enough, so made some shortbread too, it always works out perfectly! Chased my friend after the second one failed (gotta blame someone) she was leaving anyway after having a good laugh at my baking disasters!!

So, I`ll be dropping off 36 slices of gooey chocolate cake and 30 shortbread triangles, I think they`ll be pleased. We`re in on Thursday for our appointment so I do hope they enjoy it all.

So dinner was nothing special, made a quick sauce for the pulled pork and roasted some wedges with some store bought coleslaw and maybe a piece of shortbread with my cuppa Tom is making right now, that`ll be us for the night.

Ready to sit down now with that cuppa!!

And a very good morning from what is going to be a sunny morning till after lunchtime when yep, we have more rain coming. So many places waterlogged, we do have a lot of waterways here, but even regular fields that don`t normally flood, have flooded. Thankfully nowhere near us. Very mild overnight but much cooler this morning, real feel of 0c.

I wish we had the warmer weather that is heading mac`s way soon!

Will head out this morning, stopping into Kyle`s office to drop off the baking then I have no idea what we`ll do the rest of the day, certainly not any baking after yesterday.

Pancake Day here, so we`ve decided instead of having them for breakfast with bacon we`ll do them for lunch, lemon juice, syrup, strawberries, blueberries and cream of course, will have some lemon curd for me as Tom doesn`t like it....so a sweet lunch for a change. Lush!!

1707809015396.jpeg

Salmon for dinner tonight, simply roasted. Breakfast first, will just have toast with some preserves set out this morning and large pot of tea as is usual.

cv23-S.jpg

cv15-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday 🥞

Ooh sleeting out now, until it turns to snow. Saying 1 to 3 inches, coming at some places an inch in less than in hour. White out conditions when that happens. 32 degrees out, so snow it will be soon enough.

Glad no need to go out this morning. And even gladder teleworking is normal now. Though my office has had maximum teleworking before the virus, by after, nope. Oh well. Teleworking just showed that business can be conducted anywhere there is connectivity. And many from my office are leaving for maximum or all teleworking places due to our back to work requirement.

But as a Tuesday, tacos are on the menu. Since we had tacos on Sunday, probably not today. But okay if just thinking about those hand held food items today.

Tea from my tea kettle water, and enjoying a quiet, though hearing that sleet blowing and tinkling against the windows, and some traffic that sounds like passing roads right now. It’s a good morning though, as not having to drive in that.

Hope all have a most Terrific Taco Tuesday.

I blinked and it was Monday morning - and dragging my behind to work this morning. I slept through my alarm apparently - so I must have been tired. I haven't ever done that before.

ANNNNNNNNNND it's Tuesday lol!!!! Started a post yesterday and didn't get to finish it!

Hopefully today is a little slower. Still dragging my behind. 24 day until our vacation. My holiday request at my homecare job was finally approved. Nothing like waiting until the last day they had to approve it :rolleyes1 I knew they were waiting to see if the one admin who helps to cover our desk was coming back or extending her leave. Even still - I hope this made them realize that they need casuals who are able to pick up during the week as well as on weekends.

I enjoyed and soaked up allllllllll the sunshine filled days over the weekend! We spent the weekend in the city visiting with dd and gd. Son-in-law l was out of town visiting one of his best friends to watch the super bowl. They are both huge NFL fans. When it is football season - he has a game on the tv, one on the laptop and one on his phone all at the same time.

We got to spend the whole day with gd. She called the shots all day! We went to the mall and she wanted to go on all the rides at the amusement park in the mall. This mall is like the " Mall of America" in Minnesota. We went down into the animal caverns and watched the penguins, sharks, turtles for a bit. It was a fun filled day - with her pick of restaurant for dinner...then home to watch a show and to bed ...all the whole dd and ds's were off having a sibling day. WE played her out!!!! But it was a fun day. Dh was a little butt hurt that she wanted Grammie to go on the rides with her instead of Gramps :rotfl: We had a fun day. I can't wait for our holiday - to spend some great days beside the pool and beach.

Weather is extremely mild here - and it looks like another bright sunshine filled day again! I'll be soaking up all the sunshine I can get! It seems like the older I get - the more I crave the sunshine. After a few days of overcast / grey skies I can get quite grumpy I'm told :scratchin :lmao:

I cheated a bit this week with meals - I ordered a hello fresh box for 3 nights! Last night was a honey garlic salmon. Tonight is carmelized honey garlic turkey and noodles. Tomorrow night will ground turkey cheeseburger soup and probably some sandwiches for the boys and salad for me!

It was a good game. I don't watch often - and if it's a bad game we will turn it off. We watched the whole game.
So, I`ll be dropping off 36 slices of gooey chocolate cake and 30 shortbread triangles, I think they`ll be pleased. We`re in on Thursday for our appointment so I do hope they enjoy it all.
Yum!!!! i am sure that they will LOVE it! I can relate to the baking disasters!!! Sometimes it just takes us a couple of tries to get it right ;)

My plan is to do some baking this weekend and then when dh heads out of town next week as well. I have been too busy the past little bit to try and get some baking in.
Ooh sleeting out now, until it turns to snow. Saying 1 to 3 inches, coming at some places an inch in less than in hour. White out conditions when that happens. 32 degrees out, so snow it will be soon enough.
ewwwww. It's great that with working from home - you don't have to try to get to work...than you can still work and be safe at home. That is the #1 reason why I won't live outside the city. I grew up living on an acreage and HATED when we had to travel on horrible winter roads to get to school. Sometimes if the buses were not running for too many days in a row - parents would drive the kids to school....when in reality - it wasn't safe if a vehicle broke down. School or work are not important enough when your personal safety could be jeopardized.

Well...off to shred some papers. I'm all caught up on work...now it's time to shred papers and look busy ::yes::

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

I blinked and it was Monday morning - and dragging my behind to work this morning. I slept through my alarm apparently - so I must have been tired. I haven't ever done that before.

ANNNNNNNNNND it's Tuesday lol!!!! Started a post yesterday and didn't get to finish it!

Hopefully today is a little slower. Still dragging my behind. 24 day until our vacation. My holiday request at my homecare job was finally approved. Nothing like waiting until the last day they had to approve it :rolleyes1 I knew they were waiting to see if the one admin who helps to cover our desk was coming back or extending her leave. Even still - I hope this made them realize that they need casuals who are able to pick up during the week as well as on weekends.

I enjoyed and soaked up allllllllll the sunshine filled days over the weekend! We spent the weekend in the city visiting with dd and gd. Son-in-law l was out of town visiting one of his best friends to watch the super bowl. They are both huge NFL fans. When it is football season - he has a game on the tv, one on the laptop and one on his phone all at the same time.

We got to spend the whole day with gd. She called the shots all day! We went to the mall and she wanted to go on all the rides at the amusement park in the mall. This mall is like the " Mall of America" in Minnesota. We went down into the animal caverns and watched the penguins, sharks, turtles for a bit. It was a fun filled day - with her pick of restaurant for dinner...then home to watch a show and to bed ...all the whole dd and ds's were off having a sibling day. WE played her out!!!! But it was a fun day. Dh was a little butt hurt that she wanted Grammie to go on the rides with her instead of Gramps :rotfl: We had a fun day. I can't wait for our holiday - to spend some great days beside the pool and beach.

Weather is extremely mild here - and it looks like another bright sunshine filled day again! I'll be soaking up all the sunshine I can get! It seems like the older I get - the more I crave the sunshine. After a few days of overcast / grey skies I can get quite grumpy I'm told :scratchin :lmao:

I cheated a bit this week with meals - I ordered a hello fresh box for 3 nights! Last night was a honey garlic salmon. Tonight is carmelized honey garlic turkey and noodles. Tomorrow night will ground turkey cheeseburger soup and probably some sandwiches for the boys and salad for me!

It was a good game. I don't watch often - and if it's a bad game we will turn it off. We watched the whole game.

Yum!!!! i am sure that they will LOVE it! I can relate to the baking disasters!!! Sometimes it just takes us a couple of tries to get it right ;)

My plan is to do some baking this weekend and then when dh heads out of town next week as well. I have been too busy the past little bit to try and get some baking in.

ewwwww. It's great that with working from home - you don't have to try to get to work...than you can still work and be safe at home. That is the #1 reason why I won't live outside the city. I grew up living on an acreage and HATED when we had to travel on horrible winter roads to get to school. Sometimes if the buses were not running for too many days in a row - parents would drive the kids to school....when in reality - it wasn't safe if a vehicle broke down. School or work are not important enough when your personal safety could be jeopardized.

Well...off to shred some papers. I'm all caught up on work...now it's time to shred papers and look busy ::yes::

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Glad you had such a lovely weekend, seeing your family especially the littlest of them must have been wonderful. And yes, you have your vacation coming up, glad you got your approval through.

lol.....I don`t need the practice I have made those type of cakes for years and they`re always perfect. I think I must have turned the oven to the wrong setting, never done it before but there`s a first time for everything I suppose! Yep, they went down well.

Pancakes were a success for lunch, I may have had some extra syrup.....lovely though. Spent the rest of the day doing little odd jobs around the place and some TR, getting through it now.

Salmon was nice too tonight, very delicate.

Got a txt from Kyle to say everyone loved the cake and shortbread as always, glad to hear it, I doubt there`ll be any left on Thursday when we go in!!

Tomorrow out for lunch with the gang of 6 maybe 8, not very romantic I guess, but light lunch and we decided to make a nice charcuterie style dinner for the two of us tomorrow night and a nice bottle of bubbly rather than go out. Will pick up everything we need in the morning fresh....always love a nice romantic Valentine`s night 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Sister made a taco bar

Cold ‘za my favorite breakfast
apparently, Taylor Swift upped the young female viewing audience of it.......always interesting!!
absolutely! 123 million people estimated to have watched, only beaten by Apollo 11. I watched that too, remember eating pizza, was quite the big deal.
the slices are very ooey and gooey, more ganache like than cake, so they`re very, very rich.
Drool
We usually do have the yard work started within February.)
We don’t get the “good snow” until February.
That’s a bakery’s worth of baking
Pancake Day here
I adhere to most Lenten practices, except shrove tuesday pancakes
Ugh, my sympathies there. Was supposed to miss us. Temps dropped a good 20 degrees from yesterday by noon today. I wound up getting my hair soaked with snow, just wore a vest. Silly me
My holiday request at my homecare job was finally approved. Nothing like waiting until the last day they had to approve it :rolleyes1 I knew they were waiting to see if the one admin who helps to cover our desk was coming back or extending her leave. Even still - I hope this made them realize that they need casuals who are able to pick up during the week as well as on weekends.
Talk about cutting it close.
This mall is like the " Mall of America" in Minnesota. We went down into the animal caverns and watched the penguins, sharks, turtles for a bit. It was a fun filled day - with her pick of restaurant for dinner...then home to watch a show and to bed ...all the whole dd and ds's were off having a sibling day.
Wow, our mall is deserted, only one store left…Macy’s and figure they will depart when the lease is up

yesterday back acted up, took a chill pill. Was happy to see the rx wasn’t expired. Hate strong meds in that i wind up in a stupor. Well, stuporer than usual.

today, catch up Out late am/early afternoon, wanted to get what i needed for some baking tomorrow. I really hated the hit or miss results of old oven’s temperatureS.

found my favorite brand of cookware on sale, got a nice 12 inch fry pan. Going to consolidate, keep just a few pieces I have & start anew. Seemed right with new stove and all. Guess I’ll donate it to goodwill, somebody will make good use of it.

changed our april trip res around a bit. The Mr is finally getting his wish to stay at the GF for first portion of three -part stay. Keeping AK Intact, that was the original res of the four night race quickie that keeps morphing. already added on two nights @ OKW to do a DVC after hour thing @ AK. Not ideal to hop, skip and jump three times in 8 days. It’s that or nothing, as the DVC rooms filled up months ago, will make the best of it!

Put a big pot of beef veggie soup on this am. The mr has managed to scrape off the four layers of flooring in the kitchen. believe he is planning on starting to lay new floor tomorrow. Woot!

Sounds like a nice kitchen update, Keisha. Though sorry to hear sore back. Eh, 3 inches of snow, and kids brushed off my car. So will be ready to travel in that 26 or 27 degree start tomorrow morning. Thankfully, four degrees above freezing when I come home.

Kids wanted Chinese tonight. Sounded good to me. All are full and kids got donuts on the way home from the take out Chinese’s place, as Fat Tuesday it is.

Camel’s going to get that coffee, with our drop in temps due to clearing skies. Hey at least will be a glorious sunshine all day Wednesday tomorrow.

Tea, and packed up for commuting the next two days. And yay, pay day Friday this week, and 59 minutes shorter, with twice as long lunchtime break. Woot! Holiday Monday coming up for a three day weekend, after that shortest of week day routine days.

the joy of government jobs‘ holidays:thumbsup2 I did get more than a few off when I worked at the bank. Always hated coming in the day after Thanksgiving.

soup was very good. Planning on pulling it back out on Thursday. No idea what I’m making tomorrow non meaty. haven’t had shrimp tacos in years, never tried making. May give that a whirl.

Cold ‘za my favorite breakfast

absolutely! 123 million people estimated to have watched, only beaten by Apollo 11. I watched that too, remember eating pizza, was quite the big deal.

Drool

We don’t get the “good snow” until February.

That’s a bakery’s worth of baking

I adhere to most Lenten practices, except shrove tuesday pancakes

Ugh, my sympathies there. Was supposed to miss us. Temps dropped a good 20 degrees from yesterday by noon today. I wound up getting my hair soaked with snow, just wore a vest. Silly me

Talk about cutting it close.

Wow, our mall is deserted, only one store left…Macy’s and figure they will depart when the lease is up

yesterday back acted up, took a chill pill. Was happy to see the rx wasn’t expired. Hate strong meds in that i wind up in a stupor. Well, stuporer than usual.

today, catch up Out late am/early afternoon, wanted to get what i needed for some baking tomorrow. I really hated the hit or miss results of old oven’s temperatureS.

found my favorite brand of cookware on sale, got a nice 12 inch fry pan. Going to consolidate, keep just a few pieces I have & start anew. Seemed right with new stove and all. Guess I’ll donate it to goodwill, somebody will make good use of it.

changed our april trip res around a bit. The Mr is finally getting his wish to stay at the GF for first portion of three -part stay. Keeping AK Intact, that was the original res of the four night race quickie that keeps morphing. already added on two nights @ OKW to do a DVC after hour thing @ AK. Not ideal to hop, skip and jump three times in 8 days. It’s that or nothing, as the DVC rooms filled up months ago, will make the best of it!

Put a big pot of beef veggie soup on this am. The mr has managed to scrape off the four layers of flooring in the kitchen. believe he is planning on starting to lay new floor tomorrow. Woot!

You know you lost me at cold pizza 😉

Is it true she had that Kanye guy removed from his box as it was opposite hers or something like that? I don`t know much about her but she is incredibly popular and I loved the pictures of her celebrating with her boyfriend!!

His colleagues loved everything I`m happy to say!!

Love new cookware....I`m quite boring and tend to stick to Le Creuset, but I do have a couple of non stick pans too and one of the best things I have was less than $40 and it`s a wok, cheap and cheerful but my older one finally decided it needed to retire, bought this one just before Christmas and it`s the best wok I`ve ever had! But good cookware is a joy.

Nothing wrong with a strong pain killer every now and again, hope it`s much better today and good news on the trip plans!!! Look forward to hearing all about and hope the GF is a huge success!

the joy of government jobs‘ holidays:thumbsup2 I did get more than a few off when I worked at the bank. Always hated coming in the day after Thanksgiving.

soup was very good. Planning on pulling it back out on Thursday. No idea what I’m making tomorrow non meaty. haven’t had shrimp tacos in years, never tried making. May give that a whirl.

No meat today????????

And today is not just Valentine`s Day..........we have a very special couple celebrating a wedding anniversary. The lovely keishashadow and her equally lovely mister chose the most romantic of days to get married, so today keisha, hope you both have a lovely day and many more to come for you both. You are among some of the loveliest couples we know and you can see you both still have that sparkle for each other!! Have a lovely day 💞

(had to fit in frankenfurter somehow)

i-trtGhs3-S.gif

i-Ngh9N4c-Th.gif

i-fggqrWZ-S.gif

i-VvmL869-S.gif

So, not only Wednesday, middle of the week but it`s Valentine`s Day for most of us, I know many don`t celebrate and we don`t make a huge fuss, I always get flowers but my husband gets me flowers every Friday and has done since we met and continues to do so even today unless we`re away.

But, lunch out today with some of our friends, and tonight we`re just going with a charcuterie with some bread, olives and a nice spicy balsamic dip that`ll go nice with the meats and so on, but adding in shrimp and smoked salmon because we like them. And might get some pink sparkly for a change.

Lunch will be a light one wherever we end up going.

It`s raining right now, hope it brightens up a bit later.

Have a lovely Wednesday!

1707901047817.gif

IMG_3132.jpegA very happy wedding anniversary to Keisha and her DH.

Ah yes and who do we see?
Premium AI Image | camel wearing a gold jacket

Ah yes, camel ready for his Valentine’s Day date. And how fitting he is, as if an ever loving looking over the hump day feeling that is a Wednesday this year, that ever so most fabulous Friday feeling will always be then a day away. Woot!

Sigh. To the last holiday Monday coming up next week. Then the drought of off for a holiday, until end of May. Then the yay, a holiday every couple of weeks start. Woot to that. And to help with that, Spring trip booked, and the Fall one too now. Woot!

Aww, Valentine’s Day. Came into parking lot to see 3 trucks blocking front, where I park. But found a bit icy parking spot, and then they left. Walkways were mostly clear, but slippery just before I opened the door. DH was not far from leaving much after me, as has a medical appointment on the other side of the city, and they start at 6 am for appointments, so he always likes to take the first one. Why I was glad we are both early birds.

Weather. Yes, that balmy 26 degrees as I commuted. And bad hair alert. While rocking those shades, that 18 mph wind will blow that hair across those shades. A little brr from me, as 36 the high temp. But at least the roads were clear, and not much black ice I saw. Though was glad I did not have to come in yesterday. That storm was mostly in the morning, and gave a foot of snow to our mountains’ areas. Glad we only got 3 inches, and a 1/2 an inch at our airport, South of the city. And with the warmer afternoon we had, with partly cloudy skies, anything that was cleared, was dry by late in the day. If not, nicely frozen this early morning.

We never do much for Valentine’s Day. We never go out to eat. But last weekend, did pick up some sweets for all the family to enjoy.

Good morning all. Lots of hot water available. Bottled water tea. Ah. It is a good morning.

Where is the Duchess??????? 😁

What a lovely day!!

Had lunch with 6 friends for lunch, we went somewhere that wasn`t celebrating Valentine`s Day, 2 of the other men are not very romantic......lol....but it was lovely all the same. Tom and I shared their Club sandwich which was enough for us as we have food plans for tonight.

It has rained most of the day on and off, one minute it felt cold then mild....weird weather.

Got some lovely flowers and a cutesie card.....awww.......we have some chilled sparkly for tonight too to go with our meal. Full candles and cosy lighting in the dining room instead of the kitchen table, well it is Valentine`s Day 🥰

IMG_4596.jpeg
Have a frightfully good Valentine’s Day all!

first item out of oven, really thick batter in a 9x13 pan (seems like pound cake?), layered with cherry pie filling. Hope it tastes as good as it looks, never know that first go-round.

have the mr’s cinnamon rolls (his fav) proofing in the oven. Hoping that setting works, never had it before, always winged it before

Thank you Carole for such a sweet sentiment.

Today’s the day everyone needs to do a little pampering, even if it’s of the “self” variety.

mr loved his bag of candies, lottery tixs, some hand tools & three pairs of lightweight, wicking cargo park shorts. Nice surprise to find at Sams club, clearanced out at $10 each, woot. run just a bit large, need to exchange. A pair of running shorts too he might actually wear. He hates the idea of shorts above his knees and any bright colors, totally unlike what is generally sold. Bought black & the longest ones I could find.

‘romantic’ wife I am, bought myself the Micheal Kors belt bag I had been eyeing up & presented the pkg to him weeks ago. He loves when i do that, absolutely not a shopper. Mentioned he’s thinking about a quickie bonus trip. I’m always available. :p

Is it true she had that Kanye guy removed from his box as it was opposite hers or something like that? I don`t know much about her but she is incredibly popular and I loved the pictures of her celebrating with her boyfriend!!
via a commercial that aired during the event (had Kanye speaking from the back seat of a car) he boasted he spent all his money on it. Gave a link to his website with items “only $20” each, only during the game. i’m told they call that visionary thinking:rolleyes1
No meat today????????
Nope, settled on making fish tacos of some sort. Need to think of that seasoning, bit difficult as no cilantro for Me. Will toss in some cheese pirogis, smothered in butter & fried onions, along with coleslaw. sauté the mr some Cajun shrimp and a baked tater. He would just as soon be happy eating nothing but the cinnamon rolls lol
But found a bit icy parking spot, and then they left
i’m at the point when I start to slip on unforeseen ice, my stomach drops.

View attachment 833969

first item out of oven, really thick batter in a 9x13 pan (seems like pound cake?), layered with cherry pie filling. Hope it tastes as good as it looks, never know that first go-round.

have the mr’s cinnamon rolls (his fav) proofing in the oven. Hoping that setting works, never had it before, always winged it before

Today’s the day everyone needs to do a little pampering, even if it’s of the “self” variety.

mr loved his bag of candies, lottery tixs, some hand tools & three pairs of lightweight, wicking cargo park shorts. Nice surprise to find at Sams club, clearanced out at $10 each, woot. run just a bit large, need to exchange. A pair of running shorts too he might actually wear. He hates the idea of shorts above his knees and any bright colors, totally unlike what is generally sold. Bought black & the longest ones I could find.

‘romantic’ wife I am, bought myself the Micheal Kors belt bag I had been eyeing up & presented the pkg to him weeks ago. He loves when i do that, absolutely not a shopper. Mentioned he’s thinking about a quickie bonus trip. I’m always available. :p

via a commercial that aired during the event (had Kanye speaking from the back seat of a car) he boasted he spent all his money on it. Gave a link to his website with items “only $20” each, only during the game. i’m told they call that visionary thinking:rolleyes1

Nope, settled on making fish tacos of some sort. Need to think of that seasoning, bit difficult as no cilantro for Me. Will toss in some cheese pirogis, smothered in butter & fried onions, along with coleslaw. sauté the mr some Cajun shrimp and a baked tater. He would just as soon be happy eating nothing but the cinnamon rolls lol

Just stopping in briefly to wish Keisha and her husband a wonderful anniversary:)

Mr Mac and I have had many Valentines days together.
(46)

Years back we decided to exchange cards with each other and have a low key day.

We discovered a few times we gave each other the same card…lol

For dinner, making chicken salad, it’s what he wanted.

Doubt most of the homies will be working a meal up tonight!
except for Janet and me.

Fish tacos is a great way to celebrate an anniversary!
It’s not the food you have together, but just being with each other that is most endearing.

(We eat out a lot so every day is a Valentine day for us.)

View attachment 833969

You`re welcome!!

Baking sounds lovely, and some nice little gifts there, I got Tom a voucher for Karting with one of his buddies, seemed to go down well, but think he preferred the bottle of Port! I do think a bonus trip is a wonderful idea!

Gotcha on the Kanye thing, they were making a big deal of it over here.

Oh I wondered if there was something about no meat today for some reason like they used to do on Good Friday, although I don`t think that`s a thing anymore.....not my specialist subject!!

Have a lovely day!!

Just stopping in briefly to wish Keisha and her husband a wonderful anniversary:)

:wave2:

Mr Mac and I have had many Valentines days together.
(46)

Years back we decided to exchange cards with each other and have a low key day.

We discovered a few times we gave each other the same card…lol

For dinner, making chicken salad, it’s what he wanted.

Doubt most of the homies will be working a meal up tonight!
except for Janet and me.

Fish tacos is a great way to celebrate an anniversary!
It’s not the food you have together, but just being with each other that is most endearing.

(We eat out a lot so every day is a Valentine day for us.)

I agree, as long as we do things together it doesn`t matter what we eat.

We put out charcuterie and champagne.....perfect for just the two of us!!! Have a lovely evening mac :)

And it was lovely, really enjoyed it, lit the candles, low lights and some schmalzy romantic 80`s music......very predictable, but lovely 🥰

Another bottle up ahead with a schmoozy movie I think!!! Tom volunteered Terminator.....er, no, more likely to be Bridget Jones Diary 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter