• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Back from driving jr to airport. Must be storms somewhere. His SWA flight was forest moved up a half hour first thing today, now almost a 2 hr delay. Won’t get to PHX for some time at this point

hoping oldest DS doesn’t ask for transport tomorrow he has 5 am flight to Boston

robo- shark! Cutest outfit ever, matching shoes put it over the top lol On last of meds, xrays in 2 weeks or so. hope it continues to disappear

its actually a bit brighter than pic, but it’s night time
Very pretty
Now this is stuff my wife would LOVE to chat about....!
I already quoted to tell u to toss out some sports, we can hand with the big dogs here
Ugh is january over yet? Son diagnosed with Flu yesterday. Sick since Friday so is now starting to feel better and fever free.
Puppy is growing fast-still a little clumsy though. And was obsessed with me yesterday-every time I sat down after work he crawled into my lap, and sat and watched me cook dinner. I had to have DH hold him so I could go to bed.
Aw, love a cuddly pooch. Mine tend to hover around when somebody’s sick. Not sure if it’s moral support or trying to snatch the used Kleenex. Ewewew
Definitely some stuff making the rounds that’s for sure. Hope he gets feeling better soon.

I’m a Cowboys fan as far as football goes, but since Kansas City is only a few hours away driving I’m hoping they’ll get the job done also, they really do have some great talent, that quarterback, boy he has a bright future!!!

:wave2:
Seems to be a fav of those of us with no dog in the fight

was surprised to see SF QB calling a woman reporter ‘baby’. The handler probably cringed
Yes it is a huge butt!!!! Sometimes jokes just need to be mentioned...…. :rotfl:
Hehe Lynne’s pig pic trumped it
Our Carnival one was a Western. We enjoyed the ports. Tendering, not so much, but kids want to go back to Belize. We did a ship tour that took us right off the trip, to Rendezvous Cay. Beautiful, itty bitty small sand island with the reef so close. Water was clear, and warm. Ports were Cozumel, no tender, Belize, oh my goodness, they said we anchored a mile out. Yeah, I'd say more than a mile. 35 minute tender, with those tender boats having massive outboard engines. Roatan Island, think Carnival got the further port part, and there was nothing around to see, just the little stores that took 15 minutes of walking from the boat, then a steep hill, with no sidewalks.
Belize with long/unfullfillung trip to pyramids turned me off Haven’t been back since. If we could just snorkel without dealing with city, etc might consider. Was happy to see low key costa maya offered.

roatan again but the different port as u mentioned. I got bit 56 times by sand fleas despite bug spray. Wound up with blood poisoning and in ships infirmary2 days later. Ugh thank God for TI costs were astronomical

prob will do beach snorkel and keep fingers crossed this time haha
Here ya go, Keisha:

Coxen Hole:View attachment 469759
Yeah, that is the Harmony.

Turtle Centre:
View attachment 469761

Roundezous Cay:

View attachment 469764

Hi Ho Ho Ho, back to work I must go.
Nice! My 7 years of luck from kissing the rays in GC ran out long ago. Had tried to work it in this year

:wave2:Finally getting to do a stop in!!!!

Seems I missed a few things, including a pizza party. I will take any pizza as long as it doesn't have the pineapple on it :duck: NO pineapple for this girl. I don't even like to pick it off and still eat the pizza...there is the pineapple taste still there lol.

I have been busy since getting home from seeing the new grand baby. Actually while we were on our way to the hospital to see the granddaughter...I received am email from our local university/college. I had applied for a short program, and was short listed - sitting at around 8th on the wait list. The received an email saying that there was movement on the wait list and they were offering me a place in the program. I am also able to compete the program on a part time basis...with 4 classes this winter semester, then I will take the other 4 classes in the Fall of 2020. It is a short program to complete, and when I'm done my goal is to be hired at our new hospital working in one of the new departments that is opening in the hospital
I have also been busy nursing the hubby with his man cold. He doesn't get sick often...but when he does, he tends to get pretty sick. Thank god he doesn't get sick often...or he would be getting better sleeping with the dog :laughing: Men and their man colds. Hopefully I don't get it from him....it is not a great one.

It seems like the hubby is not the only one sick here. I hope all those who are sick...get better soon. It is just not fun being sick...or taking care of someone who is sick. I was hoping that with the cold snap we had, it usually kills all the germs that are around...sadly...the hubby picked this up somewhere :sad2: Oh well...hopefully he's on the mend soon...or I may smother him with my pillow as he is snoring so loudly the past few nights lol.

Well...I should run. I have to run to one place before I go to work at the second job tonight...thank god I get to work with one of my favorite people there tonight...it just make the shift go so much faster.

Have a great evening everyone!!!!!

Sick bay opened for quite a few homie homes. Well wishes to all that are sick. And please, no sharing.

Just chilling, so a nice cool night. Another overnight low in the low 20’s. Brr.

Robo.....lovely to see you!! Sounds like life is nice right now.....and what a beautiful outfit......yes, that is very Florida like......they’ll love it.......

Lynne........lovely pictures!

Pumpkin.....hope DH feels better soon.......yes, I don’t want to share this cold with my two......but when you’re in the same home it’s hard to avoid. So far they’re showing no signs of catching my disease as Tom so delightfully put it.......lol.....and good luck with the new challenge!!! Sounds very exciting.......

Warmer but much windier today........no plans to go out today, some housework and lots of baking I think. There’s a charity bake sale in the village hall tomorrow for the playgroup, so will hand it in tomorrow and hopefully it’ll all sell. There are some darn good bakers out there, so I’m always just glad to see my paltry little efforts always seem to sell well.

Our decorator is coming in today to start on one of the spare bedrooms.......he did a lovely job in the study, well, he does a lovely job anywhere. So, add tea making to our list of duties today......

And it’s Friday.......for those waiting for the weekend......it’s almost here!!

Yay! A Friday is here.

So nice Pumpkin is enjoying her new granddaughter, and much luck with those classes.

Robo, very cute outfit. Nice your nephew will be coming to visit. Hope the weather gets warmer before he arrives.

Schumi, I am sure your baking is delicious, and donating is generous of you. Hope the new decor in the bedroom is perfect. Nice you found a home designer.

What is not as nice, is so much for sleeping late on my day I took off. Oh well, it is nice to be able to get some housework done that I usually don’t get to until the weekend. And I texted little one, train and hotel booked for a quick NYC trip. Got a ❤ back. I thought the hotel we stayed last time was very convenient, so hope our stay there this time is just as good. And with a little less than an hour and a half on the slow train, from my City, makes a quick trip that much longer. Though I do take the local train, for about a half hour, to get to the station where I pick up the NYC train. So easy, no need to fly, or drive. And I will be sure to bring my walking shoes. So many miles we covered last year.

Oh, House is quiet. Time for more tea.

And thinking of this, and very hard thinking of getting an great AP rate for my Fall trip, and seeing this: 193319A3-D780-4D73-BE96-116265892548.jpeg

And maybe if the price is right,

67589E5B-6DDD-46C8-95DB-CF035F0C7A66.jpeg

Hope all the homies that are not feeling up to snuff continue to get better!

Oh man, I forgot about it being the first day of Mardi Gras, @Robo56. While to some that might be a blast. With that and the race and everything perhaps I'll stay away after all, or if I really have nothing to do I can at least go Sunday for a little in the morning. However, that is Superbowl Sunday. Is Superbowl Sunday typically busy, or dead? I got distracted this week however, so I might either be focusing on doing class work and my little get together with friends.

I went to a wedding of one of my good friends from high school on the Harmony. From what little I got to see of the ship it was gorgeous.

Hope everyone has an awesome Friday!

Good morning. Busy week this week. So glad it's Friday and I can get a little rest. Nothing much to do today but a little laundry and house cleaning. Just finished paying bills. Dh got an extra check for work he had forgotten about. I just made a nice big payment on our roof. I am so far behind with posting, but will try to catch up.

MonyK - Good luck to you older with the DCP and/or grad school. Congrats to the middle child on her accomplishments.

Scotlass - Hello. We have not met yet.

Sue - Sorry about the car insurance increase. I have been with the same company since I started driving.

Disxuni - I hope you get your trip to UO this weekend.

Keisha - Hope the med appointments went well. Dh and I have never booked appointments together, but B and I used to always have our dental ones at the same time. Somehow that got off track.

Lynne - I love me some good southern sweet tea. Some people will say that there is no such thing as tea that is too sweet, but I disagree. I can't drink the tea at McDonalds because it is way too sweet. Ick.

Robo - That outfit is adorable.

Pumpkin - Good luck with the college program.

Schumi - You are really on top of things. Already planning a Christmas trip and I don't even know what I'm going to do for spring break in March.

I need to start planning a grocery list. I need to think of something good for Sunday night. I usually don't cook on Sundays, but I know dh will want to be home watching the Super Bowl. I have no love or hate for either team, so I guess I will just be watching for the commercials.

Last edited:
Disxuni in 2017 I went to opening Night for MG and the crowds were not there
But it was crowded the next week

it can be a hit or miss on how crowded the park can be
I think each year certain nights bring in more crowds

Lynne good you have your plans set up for the NY trip with your girl
You will have a blast!

Schumi conquer that cold!
Make sure to hang around peeps you are not fond of
Lol
Share your cold germs with them

Charade I watch the super bowl for the commercials and halftime show when I don’t care for the teams that are playing

hope all the homies are hanging in there until it is 5 today

I need to start to get ready to go out for the morning

Schumi conquer that cold!
Make sure to hang around peeps you are not fond of
Lol
Share your cold germs with them

:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl:

I was ultra careful today with baking. Hands were washed more times than they usually are, and that`s a lot!! But, I think it`s gone now.

Lynne, oh I`m the designer, not the best one, but I do know what I want, he just does all the work......he`s very good and I`m a firm believer in every man to his trade...….so does Tom, but I think that`s so he can avoid doing jobs around the house over the years......call the guy is his mantra!!! Who am I to argue......congrats on booking the NY trip!!! Amazing city. We've stayed in the New York Palace last few trips, but next time I think we`ll go for the Loews property there....looks gorgeous. How lucky to be so close to NYC!!!!

Charade, we have to plan so far out to get the flights we want and possibly decent Premium seats so far in advance. Flights are released 11 months out with Virgin, but I do like being organised. Enjoy your weekend...….I`ll be in bed by the time the Superbowl is on I`m sure........have no clue about it.

Quiet night ahead for us, then will take baking over to church hall tomorrow. I don`t stay for the sale, they just go on the tables with prices on them. I may or may not have kept back a coconut cake for us.......I also kept back 6 chocolate ganache squares for Kyle for over the weekend if he`s around. Not sure of his plans yet.

We loved having fish and chips last night from local chip shop.....even Kyle raved about them! Tonight I`m making spicy beef burgers for Tom and I, he`s having a bun with all the trimmings and I`m making potato wedges.....and home made tomato sauce dip.......Kyle is having pizza.....so easy dishes all round to prepare. Need to go make up the burgers soon.

Hope everyone has a good Friday evening.......

And will be glad to see the back of Dry January......and to those that did it........(not us this year)

Well, this day has become very interesting. It started with a trip to Walmart (always fun) and me almost getting hit by a woman backing out of a parking space. Later I had to call my bank to get some information changed because it wouldn't let me do it online. A little while ago I tired to log into my account to check something and keep getting error messages. That's when I noticed I had a missed call from the bank. I called was informed that when they were correcting my previous issue they accidentally deleted my online account. I tried to set it up again, but kept getting errors. The person at the bank finally had to do it for me. I can now get in and view my account, but it won't allow me to use the online bill pay service. I'm now waiting for a call from the bank's IT department to see if they have fixed it. Isn't technology fun?

Just dropped off GD at home and waiting for bubbles to rise in dat tub!
tomorrow bit of road trip to another gymnastics meet. DH asked if I wanted him to come or start working on replaster job needed when roof went south. I voted for latter. We had to wait for plaster to dry, then rwmive/treat for mold Ugly. Will be so glad when done. Will take many days but worth it

is a short program to complete, and when I'm done my goal is to be hired at our new hospital working in one of the new departments that is opening in the hospital
I have also been busy nursing the hubby with his man cold. He doesn't get sick often...but when he does, he tends to get pretty sick. Thank god he doesn't get sick often...or he would be getting better sleeping with the dog :laughing: Men and their man colds. Hopefully I don't get it from him....it is not a great one.
Get well to ur DH. The string do tend to get get really knocked off their puns when the finally do get ill

congrats on ur acceptance to the program and good luck!
Warmer but much windier today........no plans to go out today, some housework and lots of baking I think. There’s a charity bake sale in the village hall tomorrow for the playgroup, so will hand it in tomorrow and hopefully it’ll all sell. There are some darn good bakers out there, so I’m always just glad to see my paltry little efforts always seem to sell well.
Oh, I think you are selling yourself short!
I realized long ago I’d never be a fancy baker. Swear my mom could make anything and always picture perfect
And I texted little one, train and hotel booked for a quick NYC trip. Got a ❤ back.
Sweet!
And thinking of this, and very hard thinking of getting an great AP rate for my Fall trip, and seeing this:
Yes
went to a wedding of one of my good friends from high school on the Harmony. From what little I got to see of the ship it was gorgeous.
Ooh that is romantic setting indeed
Dh got an extra check for work he had forgotten about. I just made a nice big payment on our roof. I am so far behind with posting, but will try to catch up.
Extra check!?! I’ve heard of those but never have seen one. Nice
Keisha - Hope the med appointments went well. Dh and I have never booked appointments together, but B and I used to always have our dental ones at the same time. Somehow that got off track.
Plugging along, thanks. Another issue at orthopedic next week, wheeee
We've stayed in the New York Palace last few trips, but next time I think we`ll go for the Loews property there....looks gorgeous. How lucky to be so close to NYC!!!!
Isn’t Loews in business district?

jr wants to go middle ofMarch with 2 buds

issue is they need parking lol. Wants to be near Times Square & 2 dbl beds.
Well, this day has become very interesting. It started with a trip to Walmart (always fun) and me almost getting hit by a woman backing out of a parking space.
Oh my, glad ur ok

The day is just getting worse. Dh just learned that the father of a close friend of his died today. He had brain cancer, so we knew it was coming. It just happened a little sooner than expected.
Then I opened Facebook to find that my favorite author, Mary Higgins Clark, also died today. She was 92.
In an odd coincidence today is also the day I lost my father back in 2002.

The day is just getting worse. Dh just learned that the father of a close friend of his died today. He had brain cancer, so we knew it was coming. It just happened a little sooner than expected.
Then I opened Facebook to find that my favorite author, Mary Higgins Clark, also died today. She was 92.
In an odd coincidence today is also the day I lost my father back in 2002.

Hang in there pal......

Kinda having a tough night myself.......first game since the legend and all the others have passed.........

Keisha....do you hire the Mr out????? Yep, that sounds like a job that needs doing....I have a couple of friends that could easily win those Great British Bake off type shows...they just have a talent. Mine are just ok.....one of the coconut cakes was decidedly lopsided....lol.....so we kept that one!!!

Loews Regency is up near Central Park. Doubletree Suites and Marriott Marquis are both slap bang in Times Square. Mum and I stayed in the Doubletree suites in Times Sq twice. Two double beds plus the pull out in the living area of course. We liked it there. Both those hotels have good views if you get a high floor which we did. There are a few very nice hotels there that don`t cost the earth. The other one I considered for mum and I was the Hilton on 42nd Street.

Not sure about parking at those hotels, I think the Marquis has handy parking, but there are loads of parking garages around that area, we saw plenty of them.

The Row Hotel is on 8th Ave and backs on to Times Square and is a refurbished hotel that has a very good price. My niece stayed there once recently with work and thought it was excellent. A 2 minute walk to Times Square and the same to Juniors for the best breakfasts!!! I love NY because everything is walkable. From Times Square it takes 10/15 minutes to walk to Central Park. Hope he gets sorted!!!

Charade Tough day. Sorry to hear of your husband`s friend`s dad. These things are never easy, however expected they are.

We ended up going out last night after all. Our local was having a celebration as the UK finally left the European Union at 11pm last night......so they had lots of UK flags around the bar and on the tables.....it was a fun night. Even the folks who wanted to stay in it joined in the fun. It was a very good night and I was glad our friends talked us into going.

Today it is blowing a hoolie outside......Only going out to drop this baking off and then I think we`ll just come home. They have more than enough volunteers there.

And bacon rolls when we come back in...…..yep it`s Saturday.....

Have a great weekend...….

Ooh, ya had me at bacon, Schumi. LOL. You have stayed at many NYC places. For us, since we take the train, found a nice place, a 5 minute walk from the train. And about our 10 to 15 minute to Times Square. Reasonable price, and yes, we always ask for a high floor. Got one last time. Yep, all is very walkable.

Keisha, too bad middle of March, as little one’s break is the first week, hence our trip during that time.

Charade, sending lots of hugs, not a good day for you, yesterday. Hope some good news comes your way soon.

With that, tomorrow, we will be married 28 years. Time has surely flown. And to see the range of coworkers. I was asked how long to retire, I said I most likely on the 10 year track. A coworker chimed in, he is on the 30 year plan. Sigh. Time surely has flown by.

And unlike the cool, bitter day our wedding day was, icy out too, this year’s weekend is close to 50 and no ice to be had. Rain though, in the weekend forecast. Yep, our weather pattern, if warmer, rain comes. In no way I am complaining. Last couple of years, the largest amount of snow fell in February. Hope to not repeat that statistic.

With that, a nice hot shower, and tea cup in hand. Perfect morning for me. Though there is no sun to streaming in my window. Cloudy day. And 44 the high. Rain is on the forecast this weekend.

Hope all have a great Saturday, this first one of the Leap Year month. Bonus time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter