Something About Nothing............ #14

:wave2: Just doing a quick morning stop in. My morning paperwork is pretty light today. Might be another day of paper shredding.

@RAPstar That costume is great!!!! Everyone love Pooh!!!!

@Sue M We had to buy all new luggage for 3 of us to get to Mexico for the dd wedding. We had bought one bag for when the hubby or I travel for work...but usually we just toss our things into duffle bags when we make weekend trips. So it was expensive and we shopped everywhere we could in our little city. We finally decided on some samsonite for the hubby and I. Then we picked up an american tourister and a cheaper one at Canadian Tire...as when their items are on sale...they are a good price. But I know your shopping around. There sure is a plenty of choices out there.

@cam757 I hope you don't experience much damage. Stay safe!

@schumigirl I hope your flight is smooth and you have a some bubbly to celebrate your anniversary in the sky!!!

A quick Hi to Mccraven, Lynne, Tink, Keisha, Charade, Monyk, and Robo...I hope you are safe and not much water damage to return home to! And anyone I missed... have a great day!!!!

@macraven that is interesting that they're closing at 6PM today considering it's more likely to affect people now rather than later, but as @Lynne G said, best to not be out while it's late / dark anyway, as while Orlando would definitely be in the clear by then, but a few possible strands could drag behind I suppose. Better safe than sorry.

@Sue M I live between Daytona and St Augustine, it's easier to say that than tell people where I live, as people usually know either one city, the other, or both. Saves time when 9 out of 10 times I typically have to give that description anyway when they don't know where I live when I tell them. :laughing:

@macraven that is interesting that they're closing at 6PM today considering it's more likely to affect people now rather than later, but as @Lynne G said, best to not be out while it's late / dark anyway, as while Orlando would definitely be in the clear by then, but a few possible strands could drag behind I suppose. Better safe than sorry.

@Sue M I live between Daytona and St Augustine, it's easier to say that than tell people where I live, as people usually know either one city, the other, or both. Saves time when 9 out of 10 times I typically have to give that description anyway when they don't know where I live when I tell them. :laughing:
Got ya. My mom lives in Coral Springs, cousins live in Coconut Creek, and when I visit I stay in Deerfield Beach, but when people unfamiliar with that area ask me where I’m going Ft. Lauderdale is the easiest answer!
Hope Dorian passes you without harm.

:wave2: Just doing a quick morning stop in. My morning paperwork is pretty light today. Might be another day of paper shredding.

@RAPstar That costume is great!!!! Everyone love Pooh!!!!

@Sue M We had to buy all new luggage for 3 of us to get to Mexico for the dd wedding. We had bought one bag for when the hubby or I travel for work...but usually we just toss our things into duffle bags when we make weekend trips. So it was expensive and we shopped everywhere we could in our little city. We finally decided on some samsonite for the hubby and I. Then we picked up an american tourister and a cheaper one at Canadian Tire...as when their items are on sale...they are a good price. But I know your shopping around. There sure is a plenty of choices out there.

A quick Hi to Mccraven, Lynne, Tink, Keisha, Charade, Monyk, and Robo...I hope you are safe and not much water damage to return home to! And anyone I missed... have a great day!!!!
Ive got to stop shopping, lol. I’ve settled on the Samsonite, seems sturdier. Taking other back today. I’ll use my carryon from my soft sided set. Don’t need matching.

Disx
Just saw your post and guess you know where Flagler Beach is!
I have a cousin living there

@Sue M, yes, I definitely can understand that. To be honest, I think a lot of people do that in Florida. There's a lot of little cities people do not know about so it's easier to just say you live in the biggest city near by.

@macraven If you look at my instagram below essentially all those sunrise photos are it. So, I might know where Flagler Beach is. 😉

@Sue M, yes, I definitely can understand that. To be honest, I think a lot of people do that in Florida. There's a lot of little cities people do not know about so it's easier to just say you live in the biggest city near by.

@macraven If you look at my instagram below essentially all those sunrise photos are it. So, I might know where Flagler Beach is. 😉
Actually when I think about it that’s what I do when asked where I live too lol easier to say Vancouver

We the youngest started school today. I won the Golden Wire Hanger award today. ( my group of close friends call it that when we are bad mommas = picture Joan Crawford and the wire hanger :o :laughing:) I forgot to take the first day of school picture. I ended up faking it when I gave him a haircut tonight and I said we are faking the picture...go put on the shirt you wore!!!! He jus sighed...and went to put it on...and posed. Such a good sport :rotfl:

LOL! That totally sounds like something I would do.

Thanks!! Cam hope storm doesn’t hit your area hard, but best to be ready. Are you in the Carolinas?
It always surprises me to hear how strict some of the US school districts are about attendance. We don’t have that here. Many families add on a few days before or after holidays, especially if they’re going far away. Or will take their kids out for a week or two for family holiday depending on when they can schedule for work. We all know how expensive it is if you can only get away Christmas or Spring break. All that’s needed is a letter from home. And many contact teacher to get the school work to take away.

Thanks!! We are in Virginia, on the western side of what people call the Tidewater/Hampton Roads area. So unless the track changes (Hurricane Matthew is a good example of that), we will miss the big winds but we are still forecasted to get 50 mph gusts and 4-8 inches of rain. It is when the storms tracks just west of us that it can get real nasty.

Just to chime in on the suitcase discussion, I bought a Travelpro soft side spinner (largest size, not sure inches)from BJs before our August trip. Kind of basic but very deep. I thought it was a great deal at $79 and it worked out fine for us and seemed to hold up well for its first airline trip. I am looking for a nice rolling garment bag for our cruise in December if anyone has any suggestions on brands. I have the hang-up bag type but want something that I can keep clothes from getting too wrinkled.

@Pumpkin1172 - Thanks!!!

@schumigirl - Happy Anniversary and Safe Travels!!

Hey guys......

Things good here.......had good train journey up to Manchester, and hotel is lovely........slightly different hotel for us this time, but very impressed with the Marriot.

Had lovely dinner and best news of all, got checked in for our flight tomorrow.......

Thank you for all the good wishes.......yes, will be nice to celebrate our anniversary 40,000 feet in the air!

Catch you when I’m stateside...........take care all........

Cam, I’ve never used Garment Bag for travel. But I use rolling method for packing and it works pretty well. Also packing cubes. There are some good Utube packing videos too.

433030 Haha, well, tea, anyway. Yep, a Thursday, and guess we were lucky, that line of severe thunderstorms that came last evening, from the southeast, had promptly dipped just enough to the south, to give rain to the city, and could hear thunder, but no rain for us. Saw in radar, that stormy weather was moving just enough to the northeast, some into the sea, and dumping rain along the coast, that we never did see any rain. But a very dark start, with ooh, what that heck? Phone is not getting a good shot of the color from my window. But that horizon is a very deep colored orange red. Lava colored sky. Looks almost fake, it's so dark colored, looks like the whole horizon is on fire. Ahh, sun must be coming up, as slowing changing to a lighter color.

And a quick commute, that was almost longer due to a very slow mover, but he turned, and less traffic as usual, other than that slow mover.

Dix, hoping all is well, and storm is gone for you.

Cam, hope you do avoid most of the hurricane. Even that brisk wind speed, is enough to blow stuff down. Stay safe.

Schumi, great to hear you arrived at the airport city, and ready for your flight today. Safe travels, and Happy Anniversary. Bubbly for sure, during the flight to celebrate.

So, time for tea. Have a perfectly terrific Thursday. Throw back a drink, and just think, 433033 Ahhhhhh. 433034 Woot!

Good morning Sans family :wave2:

2C2C6D4D-D1CF-469E-AD8B-8F34FF6453EC.jpeg

Disxumi all is well with elderly friends and everyone’s homes. We are so the thankful that the hurricane blew by. Prayers for the folks in the Bahamas. Photos of damage and information about the loss of life are heartbreaking.

Hope you and all your family are ok.

And hope Robo's home is not damaged too.

All is well. So thankful that hurricane stayed off shore and only manageable winds and rain.

Quick good morning. I’m still feeling well, but still going to have my pain meds prescription filled just in

Charade glad to hear you’re feeling better.

Hi to mac, keisha, lynne, sue, Robo, monyk, Robbie, squirlz, disxuni, cam, Bobbie, pumpkin and anyone else who is reading along and bye bye to Dorian, thank you.

Hey.....Tink :wave:.....you will be on vacation before you know it.

1.5 weeks to go, woohoo! My pre trip appts all made. But not getting pedicure, I find when I have one too close to trip my feet blister between all the walking and hot weather. So just having polish change. And manicure. Need a fill for Solar nails. Changed it for this Friday.

Always nice to get the foo foo appointments in before you go on vacation. Glad to hear you found the suitcase you like.

Looks like a small and handy little griddle to have for vacation.

Hi......Pumpkin :wave2:

. So unless the track changes (Hurricane Matthew is a good example of that), we will miss the big winds but we are still forecasted to get 50 mph gusts and 4-8 inches of rain. It is when the storms tracks just west of us that it can get real nasty.

Cam hope you have no ill effects from hurricane weather outer bands.

Things good here.......had good train journey up to Manchester, and hotel is lovely........slightly different hotel for us this time, but very impressed with the Marriot.

Yeah......your vacation has started. You should be in the air by now flying towards the sunshine. Happy Anniversary

BBB6BF8A-A369-4491-B39C-E21C71605552.gif

But I use rolling method for packing and it works pretty well. Also packing cubes.

My mother in law showed me the rolling method for packing many years ago. It is by far the best way to get as many clothes packed in a small bag for sure.

Vacation countdown for many of the Sans family here....Tink...Monkyk.....Sue...houseofthrees.

13 sleeps for me...so excited for HHN vacation.

E5CDD124-4329-4DD8-8106-D260E705BD00.gif

39FF59EC-0D54-4555-9F05-7DFBEEC2791E.gif

Have a great Thursday Sans family.

Last edited:
9 sleeps! Good morning! Last night I had a great dinner at Captains Boil. My youngest found it when we got back from last Uni trip after eating at Hot & Juicy. Very similar. I’ve been wanting to try it. And Mr won’t go. As he puts it, he doesn’t like to work for his food! His loss.

Going to be another beautiful day here. I think I’ll enjoy the afternoon on the patio. And throw in some laundry. This morning it’s my volunteer shift at church office while the secretary is on sick leave.

More info just came out about the Dark Arts show, it better cool down before Nov 15th, cause I wanna see! Just looked at the "month" weather up until the beginning of October. Same old, same old it looks, doesn't seem to get that much cooler. It's not exact obviously due to how far out it is, but I have a feeling it's not going to cool down for awhile.

I miss Universal so much. It's insane. I maybe, might miss the WWoHP a little bit too.

A quick drop in to see how all the homies are doing

Did not see charade yet and hope her kidney stone has or will pass soon
Hope no storm or rain her way

Love seeing our newest homies posting more
Once you post in the thread, you are part of our family

Gonna be in the 90’s for the next week for us so I try to do any food shopping before noon

Today I wasted my time watching the weather channel waiting for a phone call, so will hit Walmart soon

Was playing phone tag with a doctor office but now that we did connect, can leave the house now

Glad crostorfer showed up
We need more peeps from the west coast

Each time I type her name, autocorrect changes it
Using the phone to post her name is aggravating at times .. ugh
It “corrects” my spelling

Hugs to all newbies here!
And a big hey to all the other homies!

A quick drop in to see how all the homies are doing

Did not see charade yet and hope her kidney stone has or will pass soon
Hope no storm or rain her way

Glad crostorer showed up
We need more peeps from the west coast

Each time I type her name, autocorrect changes it
Using the phone to post her is aggravating at times .. ugh
It “corrects” my spelling

Hugs to all newbies here!
And a big hey to all the other homies!

LOL, call me Casey, its easier

Casey it is!

And no autocorrect on that name
Woot...

I’m off to the store now
See youse all later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter