Something About Nothing............ #14

I bet Lynne will have lots of pics to share when she is back home

Or at least show them to me next month

Her phone takes pretty good pics

Charade, will your daughter come home a few weekends this semester to visit with you?
Hope she does

Sue you don’t have long before your next vacation starts
You’ll get summer temps again when you are in Florida

Agavegirl, I bet you are marking the days off the calendar for your countdown for your Orlando trip
I know how disappointed you were last year when you had to cancel

To the homies I missed on this shout out, I’ll include you next time

Getting ready to go out for grub soon

Charade I would certainly have had some choice words but they are those recorded calls. I have to look up how to block numbers.

Last edited:
Wow so soon Lynne and trip is over! They go by so fast! But yes, soon you’ll be back. But I think I miss you?

Charade, glad you had a good day at work! They’d be lost without you I’m sure!

Mac,yes not long at all! 3.5 weeks! I’m continually checking rates now. Crazy how they go up and down. The other day I saw the rates for our pool view dropped to what we booked them at, next day back up $100 more. So far no AP but I got a pretty good SMSM rate.

Schumi we had chicken done on bbq last night, fresh salad from friends garden, & roast potatoes.
Glad to have clothes unpacked, washed & put away while it was sunny yesterday. Today is rainy so wouldn’t have been able to hang them out.

Pumpkin when I worked I’d try to come home on a Friday so I’d have the weekend to recoup, adjust to time change and unpack. But now that I’m retired no worries.

Rainy grey day today. Yesterday was brilliant sunshine! Went to a birthday party at church today, for all who are 80+ having birthdays Aug, Sept, Oct.

This weekend, hopefully Saturday we’re having the German rellies over for a bbq, they are here visiting, up at Whistler right now.

Driving by hump day hi!

What’s better than a camel on hump day? Capt Jack!

There’s a turret?
with room for all my dragons :)
Tom is cooking him and Kyle southern fried chicken........I’ll have a snack later.......
that is one entree that tends to be hit or miss for me. Have not quite fond one I love.

Lynne - I’m sure it felt like that trip just flew. Safe travels home. What a nice BD surprise from the resort. They surely do choc covered strawberries right.
3F0394E6-156C-446E-AD45-39EA1BDEB157.jpeg

I used to be a night owl until I had a child. I’m still not a morning person though. School starts at 7? I’m not even awake then. B’s high school started at 8:55.
Yep, we added a sixth grade center last year but didn't add more busses. That meant everyone's start times got restructured and I've got one kid starting at 7and the other starting at 9. Did I mention I have to be at my desk by 8:15-8:30? Good times. Thank God for before care options or we'd be up a creek. Next year we fall back to more normal start times, then the year after that the youngest will be at the school that starts at 7. He's NOT a morning person so that's going to be fun.

that is one entree that tends to be hit or miss for me. Have not quite fond one I love.

I can't do fried chicken either, though I do love my air fryer. I'll do chicken parm with panko crumbs on the chicken every now and then using it.

Charade, will your daughter come home a few weekends this semester to visit with you?
Hope she does
She will probably come home a few times, but I am encouraging her to stay on campus as much as possible. They have so many social events going on and I think that is the best way to make friends. They will be having a movie night on the 31st and will be showing Avengers Endgame. Even though she’s seen it twice already,I have encouraged her to go again and meet some of her people.
Charade I would certainly have had some choice words but they are those recorded calls. I have to look up how to block numbers.
I once answered the phone with something like, “It’s 2 o’clock in the morning. This better be good!” Whoever it was hung up. I also yelled at my sister for calling me at 3:00. She had been out of the country, got back, went to her boyfriend’s for a while, and then discovered that she had left her house keys in Bolivia. She needed my spare key but expected me to bring it to her. She got an earful from me.

Charade, glad you had a good day at work! They’d be lost without you I’m sure!
Thanks. Would you mind calling my boss and tell her to give me a raise?
Yep, we added a sixth grade center last year but didn't add more busses. That meant everyone's start times got restructured and I've got one kid starting at 7and the other starting at 9. Did I mention I have to be at my desk by 8:15-8:30? Good times. Thank God for before care options or we'd be up a creek. Next year we fall back to more normal start times, then the year after that the youngest will be at the school that starts at 7. He's NOT a morning person so that's going to be fun.
Oh my goodness. That would make me crazy, but I guess you do what you have to do. I have been spoiled by late school start times. I also only have one child to deal with.

I see that most people are opting for an ocean view in the new place. Is anyone going to join me on the mountain side?🏔

Driving by hump day hi!

What’s better than a camel on hump day? Capt Jack!

with room for all my dragons :)

Lynne - I’m sure it felt like that trip just flew. Safe travels home. What a nice BD surprise from the resort. They surely do choc covered strawberries right.
View attachment 427965

Funny...I did think of you when I put the Wednesday Capt Jack meme up yesterday...….little bit of him can`t be bad!!!! And yes, Loews do the best choc covered strawberries.…...

I can't do fried chicken either, though I do love my air fryer. I'll do chicken parm with panko crumbs on the chicken every now and then using it.

My son would have loved an earlier start.....he is like us, very much morning people......school here starts around 9am. My cousins in America who are both teachers start so early too......I believe one starts just before 7 but is obviously there much earlier...….plus commute time....I think my fried chicken could be better....but they like it, so no need to fiddle too much with my recipe.

She will probably come home a few times, but I am encouraging her to stay on campus as much as possible. They have so many social events going on and I think that is the best way to make friends. They will be having a movie night on the 31st and will be showing Avengers Endgame. Even though she’s seen it twice already,I have encouraged her to go again and meet some of her people.

I see that most people are opting for an ocean view in the new place. Is anyone going to join me on the mountain side?🏔

Yes, its such a social time for them.....will do her the world of good to stay and make more friends....

Well...my penthouse straddles sea and mountain views!!!

Pumpkin I did quote you....but no idea where it`s gone!!! But, yes, hard to beat bacon...…..lunch today is bacon brie and cranberry grilled sandwiches......lush!!!!

Slept like a baby last night.…..one of those nights you just drift off and don't wake the whole night...….wish I`d stayed in bed though! Looks miserable outside....very grey and dare I say almost winter like!

Got a few little things to pick up today for Tom and fit in grocery shopping as quickly as possible.....like to get that chore out of the way.....although just have thanks we don't have to do it on the weekend......farm shops are fine, but regular stores....nah.....not fun!!!

Didn't bring out any bacon for this morning...…..so, croissants and some continental meats...….maybe a grape or two...….

Think it`s raining now.......

Have a great Thursday........

Last edited:
Image result for jack sparrow Thursday meme

Image result for minion funnies

Image result for WINE FUNNIES

Image result for aunt acid funnies

Came in a few minutes early, with one of the hardest landings I have felt in awhile. Once in the car, knew why. Was raining quite nicely, with some lightning lighting up the very dark sky.

Very hot day, with rain at times, is our Thursday. And move in day. Starting to put the stuff in the car, so all have a great Thursday.

And yes, she will come back some weekends, I know for one, the Labor Day one, and one in October, for her cousin’s wedding. And she is so ready to start campus life.

Does he cook too?

Y'all I was so tired when I got home from work, I literally passed out when I got to my bed. Then I woke up about 4 hours later and had a small dinner and played on my phone for a bit then went back to sleep. I feel so much better.

We did head down to the beach for a walk, planned a couple of hours walking.......managed around 25 minutes along side the water........then the dark clouds began rolling in....so we turned back towards home.......but it was nice albeit short......quite breezy so we had a few cobwebs blown off us..........

So much for that!

Will try again tomorrow......supposed to be a heatwave this weekend......we’ll see if it transpires!

Time for a drink.......ginger ale maybe.......

Last edited:
@Lynne G I hope so too! I love all the photos you've been posting. Sorry you have to leave, but it looks like you got a lot of time there which is good. I hope you got your fill until next time.

@Charade67 I usually do not have this particular issue. They either are helpful, or I can take care of myself and suffer in silence :-)laughing:). At most, I had one teacher that while I didn't wait forever to reply, but still seemed to wait awhile only to gave me vague answers.

@macraven To me the first step is seeing if he even posts anything on the online class. Which as of right now is still an empty shell. Although it's last minute I asked my job for time off in the AM tomorrow in case things do not resolve, or get better by then (as tomorrow is add/drop day) to speak to someone to see if I'm doing anything wrong (even though I'm 100% sure I'm not), or if they even know anything about this professor, because I've only been technically gone two semesters and I never seen his name before (usually it's the same three professors teaching these type of classes).

On the flip side, yes, I got a cruise in Oct! A friend of mine is getting married and she only has a maid of honor, my other friend, and they got the idea of us three going on a cruise, so it's kind of a very appropriate bachelorette type of event, I suppose?

@RAPstar I wish I could do stuff like that. One time I wasn't feeling well, had to sit up in order to not be in pain, and was up for almost two days straight. I finally managed to feel better enough that I could lie down. I slept, woke up thinking I slept for hours, only slept for an hour and a half. Glad you had fun and got some shudeye.

Morning Sans family :wave2:

D226F016-D261-451D-AF9F-F1CD5A51CD0B.jpeg

Happy belated birthday Lynne

136CEE6F-8AC2-41CB-A5F0-FB71CC265C43.gif

10991A96-A75C-4229-90E3-50734A97620A.gif

96DDB847-1644-4AC8-AEAF-EED1B9FCB64B.gif

D425AD0F-641D-4CAF-A5E9-AF7CFC1984A5.gif

Lynne hope all goes well with your daughters move in day today at University. Was so sweet that you took her on a nice vacation before school started. Your pics are great. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Yep, those wet plane landings can be a bit rough.

Tink......that’s a lot of Mulch to put down in hot and humid weather. Hope you were able to get some rest after.

Kstar your baby is beautiful.

Monyk sounds like you had a nice mini vacation. Great pic of you, Lynne and her daughter. Hope your daughter has an easy transition back to her apartment for the start of college again.

Schumi sounds like you have all everything sorted for Tom’s party Saturday.....it’s always nice to see all the planning come together.

Keisha a nighttime float in the pool sounds so nice.

We have a Green Ash tree in the yard and we have it injected every two years to keep the ash borers out and keep it alive. It started dropping healthy leaves 3 weeks ago so called local extension agent and I took pics and will bring her leaf samples. She told me she thinks it’s a fungus do to wet spring, but will know when she looks at leaf samples.

We had another storm come through yesterday evening and it’s raining again this morning.

We took some more dining room chairs in to be recovered and picked up the ones she had already covered so far. Only have two more after this last bunch and we are done with that project. Something that needed to be done for a while.

Need to get scootin over to the extension service office.

To all the Sans family have a great day.

2C086AF0-3D4E-45F2-8A8E-A15E6F3D9B1A.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 427989Here ya go Keishashadow!
Thirsty Thursday indeed!
Came in a few minutes early, with one of the hardest landings I have felt in awhile. Once in the car, knew why. Was raining quite nicely, with some lightning lighting up the very dark sky.

Very hot day, with rain at times, is our Thursday. And move in day. Starting to put the stuff in the car, so all have a great Thursday.

And yes, she will come back some weekends, I know for one, the Labor Day one, and one in October, for her cousin’s wedding. And she is so ready to start campus life.
New beginnings for both you & charade’s DD. Like you have often worked in that one last get-away before the start of school

We leave next Monday, red eye back on Labor Day. GD starts school on Tuesday. At the pool foam party was sitting a big table with lots of moms while the kids romped. subject of vacations came up & this trip was mentioned by DiL.

One of the moms looked horrified and said that was such a terrible idea. Then went on to say she was already ‘training’ her daughter to be ready to go to bed at 7 pm so she would be ready to start school at 9 am.

I was close to saying it sounded like mommy wanted some me time

Honestly, can’t say i can recall anybody in my family sleeping more than 10 hours, unless they were sick. :confused3 BTW, We are talking 4th graders here,, most 9, going on 10 y.o.

Anyway, who volunteers that sort of mom shaming/unsolicited advice in a group setting? Several of the moms in the group were elementary teachers who shall we say, unanimously, took the mean mom to school :teacher:in only a way a teacher can pull off lolololol

C
Picture from Park Pass on Twitter..…..

I am definitely buying these this year...…. :thumbsup2

Image result for ghostbusters lanyards hhn
Oooh cool indeed. I have neck issues, can’t wear most lanyards as the material irritates me.

The U ones are so soft, first ones i’ve Found to be bearable. Just wish they made an alternative one that was half the width.

Thirsty Thursday indeed!

New beginnings for both you & charade’s DD. Like you have often worked in that one last get-away before the start of school

We leave next Monday, red eye back on Labor Day. GD starts school on Tuesday. At the pool foam party was sitting a big table with lots of moms while the kids romped. subject of vacations came up & this trip was mentioned by DiL.

One of the moms looked horrified and said that was such a terrible idea. Then went on to say she was already ‘training’ her daughter to be ready to go to bed at 7 pm so she would be ready to start school at 9 am.

I was close to saying it sounded like mommy wanted some me time

Honestly, can’t say i can recall anybody in my family sleeping more than 10 hours, unless they were sick. :confused3 BTW, We are talking 4th graders here,, most 9, going on 10 y.o.

Anyway, who volunteers that sort of mom shaming/unsolicited advice in a group setting? Several of the moms in the group were elementary teachers who shall we say, unanimously, took the mean mom to school :teacher:in only a way a teacher can pull off lolololol

C
Oooh cool indeed. I have neck issues, can’t wear most lanyards as the material irritates me.

The U ones are so soft, first ones i’ve Found to be bearable. Just wish they made an alternative one that was half the width.

Good on the teacher!!! Mean mothers always needed putting in their place!!! That is incredibly early to bed for kids that age.........and as for kids coming home from vacations and starting school next day......pah.....they’re kids, they’re fine.......some folks need to learn to button it.......yep, she wanted some wine time!!!

And you leave Monday!!! That came around quickly........so excited for you.......I don’t mind lanyards.....had to wear one for years for work......yes, they are quite smooth. Tom’s Reflections of Fear is quite rough, not smooth....but doesn’t seem to bother him.....it would bother me.

Robo......yes, plans are all sorted. And bit of a near glitch......he said he was going to ask Kyle if he wanted to go drive a few circuits around the track with the sports cars Saturday.......I told him Kyle had plans then.......hope your tree survives and weather improves!

Our weather did improve this afternoon.......clouds that rolled in over the hills, rolled straight out to sea........sun is kind of shining but very windy......

Plums are starting to ripen dramatically.......even managed to pick a load ourselves off one tree.....very sweet and delicious.......apples and pears look like they’ll give a good yield this year too.......

Stir fried duck in spicy plum sauce for us tonight.......stir fried noodles too.....maybe a plum crumble for dessert.......

11 days till we leave for our overnight.........it’s creeping up......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter