Something About Nothing............ #14

Woot! The Southern loving Bobbie. So glad to hear all is good, and beautiful picture. Yep, will be there in the Fall too, if you’d like to say hi.

Late night check in. Thank you for all of your kind words about our client. I knew there was a chance she wouldn't be with us much longer, but it was still shocking to hear she had passed already. She had a condition called pulmonary fibrosis and was waiting for a lung transplant.

In happier news - Wednesday is the day the university posts active Covid cases. Today there are 13 on campus. Pretty awesome considering there are over 15,000 residential students plus however many faculty and staff.

It is definitely the way to go. Makes it much easier to justify two (or 3) trips in one year. The beginning of October sounds good. The crowds are probably better at the beginning of the month rather than closer to Halloween.
I haven't made my first trip yet and I'm already thinking about when I can go again.

Charade, I do try to get a good night’s sleep. Some nights are better than others, and much of that has to do with the guy that shares the bed. He is not a good sleeper, and is noisy enough, he tends to wake me up.
I have been struggling with sleep for several years. It's my own fault though. I have sleep apnea and have not been compliant with using my CPAP. I am trying to do better,

Buying pants online is the worst! If you order 5 jeans of the same size, each one will fit differently.
And it doesn't help that so many stores are closing their physical locations. I prefer trying before buying, but my favorite store just closed all of their retail locations.

The story about the man with the frozen vegetables on his arm reminded me of something that happened at Costco long ago.
I was shopping with my mom, and when we rounded the corner to the next aisle, I saw a woman SITTING on a huge bag of rice and having a conversation on her phone!!!
I was horrified! Sitting on food! Food that people will purchase and eat!
I couldn't hold my tongue...I told her to get her lazy, fat *** off of the rice immediately or I'd get a manager.
She was pretty embarrassed and left quickly, without saying anything back....smart on her part.

My mom was in sort of a brief disbelief, since normally I wouldn't be so confrontational and harsh. But mom agreed that the woman totally had it coming.

I just couldn't let something that gross slide by without calling her out!!

Who knew it wasn't common sense that food for sale isn't your personal ice pack or chair???
Maybe signs need to be posted for those so ill informed, LOL!!!
IAll I can say is EWWW!!!

Almost bought this until I came to my senses. Not sure why, or what that says about me but, it spoke to me
151E9865-7F8C-4D40-95B2-F95EBD2E72B2.jpeg
KInda reminds me of a "sculpture" at an old outdoor mall in Atlanta, My friends and I called it "Temple of the Frog god"

Currently our family is trying to help with my cousin as he's going through the same thing with his mother in terms of trying to not only grieve, but also take care of everything. It was known to have been coming, so I did most of my grieving before it happened
Condolences to your cousin and family,

So, I wondered where my husband had disappeared to about an hour ago......follow the giant tv noise on the other side of the house is the secret.......there he is......and I`m like....really.......

i-tfGGw9V-S.gif
You can never have enough Doctor Who when it's David Tennant.

We got a little dump (around 6 inches or so) of snow last night.
That would be a significant dump here.

Sending you a sloth to cheer you up Charade.
Thank you. Sloths always make me smile.

Went to the bank to get some rolls of coins. My niece has a birthday coming soon. I got her a piggy bank, and needed to get her started with some money. I also always buy books too. Reading is just so important, that I feel the need to gift books to kids!
Money and books. You can't go wrong there.

Yesterday Watched a woman get scolded for trying on a jacket in the store. Manager indicated it then had to sit in a return/decontamination room. I then realized they had removed the mirrors normally located on end caps throughout the store. Since I haven’t been out, not sure if that is now standard or not
Does the store allow returns? I don't understand the stores that won;t let you try something on in the store, but will allow returns if you take it home and it doesn't fit.

We have gone to Universal a few times. We went twice for Mardi Gras and will be going back tomorrow night to eat and do some rides. It is so nice to be able to go when we want and leave if it is crowded. I just bought a ticket to do the Orlando Informer Dis meet up in June and Brian and I are going to stay a night at Sapphire.
I am looking forward to HHN and meeting up with everyone.
I will be there for a couple of days at the beginning of October and would love to meet anyone else who can come. Mac and I are already planning on riding rides and eating desserts.

It's late and I really should try to get some sleep. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

That’s when you know you’re in dutch

condolences There too.
Good luck on the coding. Greek to me

Wow she sped thru it! Most thrilled if they close it out on four year plan. As long as they finish it’s a win!

Thanks again. I used a favor & have state rep reaching out to the military liaison to see if they can Expedite things

ugh to the multiple stargate offerings after the movie

Yesterday Watched a woman get scolded for trying on a jacket in the store. Manager indicated it then had to sit in a return/decontamination room. I then realized they had removed the mirrors normally located on end caps throughout the store. Since I haven’t been out, not sure if that is now standard or not:confused3

I’m thinking that would be quite the task with the sort of material usually involved

Makes sense as you put it. Was surprised to Feel
So strongly uncomfortable

:worship:

Yes, there are signs up saying don`t try things on and changing rooms are no go zones. They are getting so many more returns than before, but either way the products are still going to sit for longer on return.

Yes, I remember the look if I was laughing inappropriately at something as a kid....only once or twice was I beyond stopping!

David Tennant is rather easy to watch..he recently played one of the UK`s serial killers, Dennis Nilsen......he was alarmingly like him, but couldn`t watch it....I like DT in nicer roles.

:wave: everyone finallyl got to sit down and have some time for myself. It seems the last 6 weeks have gotten away from me. I forgot how much work goes into moving and especially here we don't have a basement so I am trying to find other places to store stuff. Brian is using the garage for a workshop right now for some projects. We also had some hiccups, my close friend back in CT had a stroke a few weeks ago and I have been feeling bad about not being able to be there to help her. She is in a short term rehablilitation facility (one of the best in the state) and is slowly improving. It sounds like she had a pretty moderate stroke. I try and talk to her as much as I can she is gettting depressed. Her husband who was our best friend died 3 years ago so we have gotten close. I know she is worried about her kitties and misses them. She was suppose to come visit us next month so that will be on hold for a bit.
Brian shot a big staple through his finger with an air gun so it was very powerful. I got a quick lesson down here on their health care. That was a couple of crazy days. We were lucky my nephew stayed for a month and was such a big help, I miss him.

I haven't been able to catch up much but I did notice Keishashadow, I am sorry for the loss of your BIL, no matter the situation it can be stressful.
Charade I am sorry to hear about your friend, I will keep you in my thoughts. I love sloths!
Dixuni I am sorry you have been having ups and downs I hope things get better.
I would like to wish all the SANS family the best wishes for any birthdays, anniversaries, trips, and accomplishements. My condolences to anyone who suffered some tradegedy recently. I hope everyone is staying healthy and glad to hear so many are getting their vaccines. I am not sure when and if I can things are screwy down here. I will have to get into a new doctor beforehand. I am afraid I may be one to have a severe allergic reaction, I have an allergy that someone else had that had it. I do have an idea to help with the allergic reaction if I can get it.

On to the good update: We love living here! It is so relaxing it feels great. The weather has been up and down we go from 80's to 60's. I did go in my pool once and Brian and the kids twice. We did go and look at spas and will have to wait till the summer they are on back order. The sunsets are beautiul as my back faces the west.
View attachment 561840
We have gone to Universal a few times. We went twice for Mardi Gras and will be going back tomorrow night to eat and do some rides. It is so nice to be able to go when we want and leave if it is crowded. I just bought a ticket to do the Orlando Informer Dis meet up in June and Brian and I are going to stay a night at Sapphire.

One of the best things about living here is...There is an 80's station that I get:cool1::jumping1:, they play 99% 80's, I think the rest of the family is ready to move me out:rotfl:

I am off to clean from dinner, I hope to check in more often and please if anyone comes down and would like to meet up you can send me a PM I am pretty open for visits.

Happy Hump day!!

Good to see you bobbie.......what a beautiful picture you posted.

I`m so glad it`s all gone as well as you hoped. I think that`s the same 80`s station we have on in the car when we visit.......it is fabulous!!

Hope your friend back home improves, it will be hard for you being so far away from her, I know that feeling. BUt, hope she gets better. And Brian`s finger too....ouch!!

And I`m so glad you get to visit to visit Universal whenever you feel like.......don`t be a stranger bobbie.....

Late night check in. Thank you for all of your kind words about our client. I knew there was a chance she wouldn't be with us much longer, but it was still shocking to hear she had passed already. She had a condition called pulmonary fibrosis and was waiting for a lung transplant.

In happier news - Wednesday is the day the university posts active Covid cases. Today there are 13 on campus. Pretty awesome considering there are over 15,000 residential students plus however many faculty and staff.

I haven't made my first trip yet and I'm already thinking about when I can go again.

I have been struggling with sleep for several years. It's my own fault though. I have sleep apnea and have not been compliant with using my CPAP. I am trying to do better,

And it doesn't help that so many stores are closing their physical locations. I prefer trying before buying, but my favorite store just closed all of their retail locations.

IAll I can say is EWWW!!!

KInda reminds me of a "sculpture" at an old outdoor mall in Atlanta, My friends and I called it "Temple of the Frog god"

Condolences to your cousin and family,

You can never have enough Doctor Who when it's David Tennant.

That would be a significant dump here.

Thank you. Sloths always make me smile.

Money and books. You can't go wrong there.

Does the store allow returns? I don't understand the stores that won;t let you try something on in the store, but will allow returns if you take it home and it doesn't fit.

I will be there for a couple of days at the beginning of October and would love to meet anyone else who can come. Mac and I are already planning on riding rides and eating desserts.

It's late and I really should try to get some sleep. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

That is good news on the campus numbers.

Yes, it`s weird with the no changing rooms. You can return anything once you take it home and try it. The larger stores have said they haven`t got the staff to clean changing rooms thoroughly between customers and the smaller ones have said they`re just following rules. No shoe trying on either, but you see folks lifting items up and touching them all over......then putting them back, that seems to be ok.

Most stores have an extended returns policy now.

Yes, hope today is a better day for you......

Thursday again......I`m amazed at how quickly now this month is passing!!

I have several birthdays to get for although most cards are already written and waiting to be posted. But, I need to get some today. Our village chemist (pharmacy) has a lovely gift section and sell beautiful cards too, so plan to wander there today as general card shop is closed. I love the Hallmark card store, again they sell all sorts of gifts and little cute items.

Croissants and cream cheese this morning for breakfast, parma ham with some salad and home made bread for lunch and lasagne for dinner......

Got to get a few bits of shopping today.....heading to the supermarket for some cleaning products and thinsg like passata, seasonings and so on.....store cupboard ingredients. And I need yeast and flour, so will make a list and try to remember to take it.

Weather is still windy, but we have less rain than other places today.......but it`s grey outside right now, hoping for a little sunshine at some point.......

i-PTMtbkS-M.gif

i-dL7tm5C-M.gif

cv197-M.jpg

fun4-L.jpg

Have a wonderful Throwback Thirsty Thursday......😁

Bobbie good to see you post. Glad it’s going well. Agree when you move so much to be done and sorting takes a long time. Have your children settled in well?

I used to watch Dr Who as a child (from behind the sofa when it was the Daleks) but lost interest as a teenager and never returned. Wasn’t hugely into superheroes until J became an expert! He and his mummy are also into Star Wars - again he totally gets the timelines snd I can’t keep up.

In the store yesterday a lady was getting angry - she had bought a suitcase online and didn’t like it. She had come to return to the store and they wouldn’t accept it as she had opened the suitcase. I heard hygienic reasons mentioned. She asked for a manager as she said it was totally unacceptable when people were trying on coats snd picking up food items and not purchasing. Don’t know the outcome as we were served but I totally agreed with her.

Got a roasting chicken yesterday for Sunday dinner and forgot we’ve ordered food for Mother’s Day so I will cook that for tonight.

Hoping to get my sewing back out and organised as I packed it away when tidying last week.

Took L on school drop this morning and one class being turned away - assume someone unwell but won’t know until Em is home as she is Covid testing this morning.

We had torrential rain through the night but breezy and bright this morning. Time for another coffee before anything else. My version of thirsty Thursday Lynne.

Ah, hope you enjoyed your coffee Julie. I do like coffee, but tend to enjoy my tea on a daily basis. Glad to hear the rain stopped and much brighter out. Hope Louie had a good walk and trotted in that windy weather. Hope your purchases fit.

Yeah, it’s weird, many here do not let trying on, is an issue with two that had a no return policy. We thought of several items we saw in those stores, but we ended up with only buying one thing from one of those stores, as little one was pretty sure that brand, style and size was right. And it was. Fit her perfectly. Otherwise, most have no issue with returning. And quite a few, do have changing rooms open. So I am not sure what is the right way. Even without the virus issues, stores have usually allowed store returns from online purchases. And we have spent significantly less time in the stores in the past year.

Ah, all our croissants are gone, so none for me for breakfast, Schumi. Maybe I will make a waffle. Glad to hear rain is gone for you as well. Nice to have meals planned for today.

So, as it is Thirsty Thursday, time for more tea. Started with a bit of a headache, so pills with the tea first time, now ready for a refill.

Thus, a Good Morning to Schumi and Julie. And to all the homies, have that good morning too.

David Tennant is rather easy to watch..he recently played one of the UK`s serial killers, Dennis Nilsen......he was alarmingly like him, but couldn`t watch it....I like DT in nicer roles.
Totally agree there. I love David Tennant, but he is such a good actor that I can't watch him when he is playing a villain. (Except the Harry Potter movie.) My husband watched Jessica Jones, but I could not watch because of the character he was playing.

In the store yesterday a lady was getting angry - she had bought a suitcase online and didn’t like it. She had come to return to the store and they wouldn’t accept it as she had opened the suitcase. I heard hygienic reasons mentioned. She asked for a manager as she said it was totally unacceptable when people were trying on coats snd picking up food items and not purchasing. Don’t know the outcome as we were served but I totally agreed with her.

I don't understand the mentality of some of the stores. I was at a store that was having a mystery coupon sale. You would get a scratch off card that determined what percentage off you would get. I assumed that they would had me the card at the register like they normally do. Nope, they had one person, who was wearing gloves, walking around the store handing out the cards. When I asked about this the cashier told me the cashiers weren't allowed to hand out the cards due to safety reasons. So they are allowed to touch the clothes I am buying , but not a discount card????

Time for me to get to work. Hope today is a happier day.

I agree, I could put together a last minute trip in a heartbeat....as soon as International Travel opens for America, I`ll be in overdrive.
Fingers crossed, that day comes soon!!!!!

I agree about books....so important. I always read from a very young age and so did Kyle, and yes gifts always had books included. When I worked at the school I was amazed how many kids never got read to at night before bed, or anytime......

Tom however reads car magazines......lol......
I previously worked as an aide in elementary and middle school. It was easy to spot a child that read or was read to at an early age. And that skill was incredibly valuable in all subject areas.

:wave: everyone finallyl got to sit down and have some time for myself. It seems the last 6 weeks have gotten away from me. I forgot how much work goes into moving and especially here we don't have a basement so I am trying to find other places to store stuff. Brian is using the garage for a workshop right now for some projects. We also had some hiccups, my close friend back in CT had a stroke a few weeks ago and I have been feeling bad about not being able to be there to help her. She is in a short term rehablilitation facility (one of the best in the state) and is slowly improving. It sounds like she had a pretty moderate stroke. I try and talk to her as much as I can she is gettting depressed. Her husband who was our best friend died 3 years ago so we have gotten close. I know she is worried about her kitties and misses them. She was suppose to come visit us next month so that will be on hold for a bit.
Brian shot a big staple through his finger with an air gun so it was very powerful. I got a quick lesson down here on their health care. That was a couple of crazy days. We were lucky my nephew stayed for a month and was such a big help, I miss him.

I haven't been able to catch up much but I did notice Keishashadow, I am sorry for the loss of your BIL, no matter the situation it can be stressful.
Charade I am sorry to hear about your friend, I will keep you in my thoughts. I love sloths!
Dixuni I am sorry you have been having ups and downs I hope things get better.
I would like to wish all the SANS family the best wishes for any birthdays, anniversaries, trips, and accomplishements. My condolences to anyone who suffered some tradegedy recently. I hope everyone is staying healthy and glad to hear so many are getting their vaccines. I am not sure when and if I can things are screwy down here. I will have to get into a new doctor beforehand. I am afraid I may be one to have a severe allergic reaction, I have an allergy that someone else had that had it. I do have an idea to help with the allergic reaction if I can get it.

On to the good update: We love living here! It is so relaxing it feels great. The weather has been up and down we go from 80's to 60's. I did go in my pool once and Brian and the kids twice. We did go and look at spas and will have to wait till the summer they are on back order. The sunsets are beautiul as my back faces the west.
View attachment 561840

One of the best things about living here is...There is an 80's station that I get:cool1::jumping1:, they play 99% 80's, I think the rest of the family is ready to move me out:rotfl:

I am off to clean from dinner, I hope to check in more often and please if anyone comes down and would like to meet up you can send me a PM I am pretty open for visits.

Happy Hump day!!
Hi bobbie! I'm kinda new on the SANS thread. Had to comment on your incredible photo!!
What a stunning view!!

That is a big frustration of mine. I prefer to try before buying as well.
And the sadness of losing so many brands and shopping locations....

Chased for only a block?? Nobody likes a quitter, lol!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

How would one know if they like the suitcase storage area, if they don't open it?
Seems like a stupid rule.....hope the manager had sense enough to help the lady.

So, as it is Thirsty Thursday, time for more tea. Started with a bit of a headache, so pills with the tea first time, now ready for a refill.
I don't understand the mentality of some of the stores. I was at a store that was having a mystery coupon sale. You would get a scratch off card that determined what percentage off you would get. I assumed that they would had me the card at the register like they normally do. Nope, they had one person, who was wearing gloves, walking around the store handing out the cards. When I asked about this the cashier told me the cashiers weren't allowed to hand out the cards due to safety reasons. So they are allowed to touch the clothes I am buying , but not a discount card????
[/QUOTE]
Ugh! This sort of thing drives me crazy!! Was the cashier able to hand you a paper receipt for your purchases?

The lack of common sense is scary and appalling ...
I'd love to know the "reasoning" behind that rule. So ambiguous, unnecessary, frustrating, useless

Looking forward to the weekend!!

Yeah, Paris, paper receipts are almost always given. Just a few, that I say, send to my email. I tend to keep much better track of the electronic ones.😋

Beautiful sunny weather. Will get close to our record 72F. Woot! No jacket walk for lunch. Shades too. Yay. :cool2:

Charade, yay for knocking off another day on your countdown. You will enjoy the parks at that time of year, even if not doing HHN.

Good Thursday morning homies!

I’m chilling in bed with the cats and woke up with one of them on my chest.
It was the 6 lb cat not the fat one of over 10 lbs.
I would have been awake hours ago if it was Blue on me.

Bobbie, get a letter from your last doctor of your medical background and it should clear the way for you to get the vaccine in Florida
We talked before and both have medical needs which would qualify for you to get the shots.
That is how I was put in the first group for mine.

My doc said if I did not get vaxxed, he would
drop me from his care.
(Now is not the time for me to hunt down and set up
a new medical practice ....)

Nice weather today here with a high of 73 and 77 days after
I turned the ac off and put the heat back on for our first floor as still having the chills.

I’m sure this will pass soon.

Now I need to read back and catch up with how all the homies are doing today!

Good day all :shamrock: Another hurry up & wait day here thus far. Not my strong suit

Did spend most of am back on hunt online for new LR furniture. It needed replaced since before the pandemic. I’m very specific (fussy lol), as to what I want so that narrows the options. I’m stunned how long shipping is being stated...we are talking months...as in perhaps by the fall, Ugh, put that on a pause. Majority of furniture stores here now on an appointment only basis. Thinking in a few weeks, they will open to public. Just don’t like the idea of being under such a watchful eye. I like to try out the furniture as to recline features etc.
my close friend back in CT had a stroke a few weeks ago and I have been feeling bad about not being able to be there to help her. She is in a short term rehablilitation facility (one of the best in the state) and is slowly improving. It sounds like she had a pretty moderate stroke. I try and talk to her as much as I can she is gettting depressed. Her husband who was our best friend died 3 years ago so we have gotten close. I know she is worried about her kitties and misses them. She was suppose to come visit us next month so that will be on hold for a bit.
Aw, poor lady. I’m sure your support means a lot to her, even virtually!

Your back yard looks like a resort:cloud9: enjoy! We always have mused if screen is to keep out bugs or gators
Brian shot a big staple through his finger with an air gun so it was very powerful. I got a quick lesson down here on their health care.
Um, of the good or bad kind?
Lol yes, it is distinctive. I’ve decided that if it still is there waiting for me next trip I will give him a home
Yes, returns are accepted. They make a big to-do as to stating they sit in a room for 3 days to decontaminate. Or so they say
Don’t think that show has reached our shores. Not big on serial killer type shows, even the CSI ones give me the willies. Just too RL scary

In the store yesterday a lady was getting angry - she had bought a suitcase online and didn’t like it. She had come to return to the store and they wouldn’t accept it as she had opened the suitcase. I heard hygienic reasons mentioned
Maybe if it was obviously used, as evidenced by wear on the wheels...otherwise, ridiculous policy
And quite a few, do have changing rooms open. So I am not sure what is the right way. Even without the virus issues, stores have usually allowed store returns from online purchases. And we have spent significantly less time in the stores in the past year.
It’s strange how stores in same strip mall can have different policies
Chased for only a block?? Nobody likes a quitter, lol!!
Hahahaha
Yes, she was. I understand the need for safety precautions, but I think some places just threw common sense out the window.
Or, they have an ill-equipped manager pulling policy out of thin air
I turned the ac off and put the heat back on for our first floor as still having the chills.

I’m sure this will pass soon
That would be nice! Hopefully, by the weekend, the those unsettling flu-like side effects will subside for you. Bad enough for generally healthy people, can only imagine they are worse for those with immuno issues.

Last edited:
Just heard the mini egg cake made by L has won her a Homepride Mini Baker award. Homepride is one of our larger baking supplies companies for flour etc. Her prize will come in the post she will be thrilled.

Confirmed a family with child year below her have all tested positive for Covid so that whole class have to isolate for 10 days. Ironic when they only returned on Monday.

Roast chicken dinner was enjoyed and time for some tv now. We enjoy some quiz shows I record and have a few to catch up on.

Hope all have a good evening.

Ah, all our croissants are gone, so none for me for breakfast, Schumi. Maybe I will make a waffle. Glad to hear rain is gone for you as well. Nice to have meals planned for today.

Thus, a Good Morning to Schumi and Julie. And to all the homies, have that good morning too.

I wish I liked waffles....well, I do served with chicken and maple syrup ::yes::

Snap. I had a headache this morning when I got back in from shopping.....gone now though......I do hate headaches. Hope it`s all clear for you now Lynne......

Totally agree there. I love David Tennant, but he is such a good actor that I can't watch him when he is playing a villain. (Except the Harry Potter movie.) My husband watched Jessica Jones, but I could not watch because of the character he was playing.

Time for me to get to work. Hope today is a happier day.

Yes, he was horrible in that part, I think we gave up on that show too. He seems such a lovely man in real life too, which is nice to hear.

Fingers crossed, that day comes soon!!!!!

I previously worked as an aide in elementary and middle school. It was easy to spot a child that read or was read to at an early age. And that skill was incredibly valuable in all subject areas.

Hi bobbie! I'm kinda new on the SANS thread. Had to comment on your incredible photo!!
What a stunning view!!

That is a big frustration of mine. I prefer to try before buying as well.
And the sadness of losing so many brands and shopping locations....

Chased for only a block?? Nobody likes a quitter, lol!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

How would one know if they like the suitcase storage area, if they don't open it?
Seems like a stupid rule.....hope the manager had sense enough to help the lady.

Ugh! This sort of thing drives me crazy!! Was the cashier able to hand you a paper receipt for your purchases?

The lack of common sense is scary and appalling ...
I'd love to know the "reasoning" behind that rule. So ambiguous, unnecessary, frustrating, useless

View attachment 561946
Looking forward to the weekend!!
[/QUOTE]

Yes, fingers crossed for September.

lol.....me....a quitter.....ha....I`ve been called worse on here.......:rolleyes1

Yes, it`s a peeve of mine when kids aren`t read to and introduced to books early. I worked and was involved in a programme bringing reading and books into children at aged 4 when they start school. No excuses in my mind not have been reading to them before that. Yes, you could tell the kids that hadn`t been reading or even have the slightest interest in books. Some will keep that love of books, some won`t sadly.

Hope your day is a good one Lori........

Good Thursday morning homies!

It was the 6 lb cat not the fat one of over 10 lbs.
I would have been awake hours ago if it was Blue on me.

Bobbie, get a letter from your last doctor of your medical background and it should clear the way for you to get the vaccine in Florida
We talked before and both have medical needs which would qualify for you to get the shots.
That is how I was put in the first group for mine.

My doc said if I did not get vaxxed, he would
drop me from his care.
(Now is not the time for me to hunt down and set up
a new medical practice ....)

Now I need to read back and catch up with how all the homies are doing today!

Sounds so cute sleeping with the kitties......better than the fishes......lol......

Yes, hope it clears faster than the last time.......:)

Good day all :shamrock: Another hurry up & wait day here thus far. Not my strong suit

Did spend most of am back on hunt online for new LR furniture. It needed replaced since before the pandemic. I’m very specific (fussy lol), as to what I want so that narrows the options. I’m stunned how long shipping is being stated...we are talking months...as in perhaps by the fall, Ugh, put that on a pause. Majority of furniture stores here now on an appointment only basis. Thinking in a few weeks, they will open to public. Just don’t like the idea of being under such a watchful eye. I like to try out the furniture as to recline features etc.

Aw, poor lady. I’m sure your support means a lot to her, even virtually!

Your back yard looks like a resort:cloud9: enjoy! We always have mused if

Um, of the good or bad kind?

Lol yes, it is distinctive. I’ve decided that if it still is there waiting for me next trip I will give him a home

Yes, returns are accepted. They make a big to-do as to stating they sit in a room for 3 days to decontaminate. Or so they say

Don’t think that show has reached our shores. Not big on serial killer type shows, even the CSI ones give me the willies. Just too RL scary

Maybe if it was obviously used, as evidenced by wear on the wheels...otherwise, ridiculous policy

It’s strange how stores in same strip mall can have different policies

Hahahaha

Or, they have an ill-equipped manager pulling policy out of thin air

That would be nice! Hopefully, by the weekend, the those unsettling flu-like side effects will subside for you. Bad enough for generally healthy people, can only imagine they are worse for those with immuno issues.

We love the CSI shows, but hate things that are too graphic in violence. Love a good chiller but won`t watch the Saw or Hostel type movies......

Yes, furniture stock seems to be down. Hope you don`t have to wait all those months for new stuff.......we went looking for garden furniture last summer as garden centres were allowed to stay open, but there was hardly a stick to be found, everywhere making it had shut down. Same so far this year.....lady in the garden centre we visit occasionally said they weren`t expecting a lot of stock this spring either.

One of those busy days today......got a lot done and caught up with a lot of people too.

Weather wasn`t good enough to be outside this afternoon, and now it`s raining again. Winds seem to have dropped, but not by a lot. Won`t be long till Spring hits surely......

Going to watch a Hitchcock film tonight......no idea yet which one, just finished dinner so will decide after a cup of tea. Lasagne was as always, delicious.

Glad I`m inside and not out tonight, it looks horrible out there.

well, I do served with chicken and maple syrup
Add a ‘lil hot sauce & call it Nashville, nom
we went looking for garden furniture last summer as garden centres were allowed to stay open, but there was hardly a stick to be found, everywhere making it had shut down
Same here, ordered youngest DSs set sight unseen. Had great reviews but, really do like seeing furniture in person. It came in multiple huge boxes, appears a lot of assembly will be required. SOS was promptly sent out to his Dad, put on schedule for next weekend. There will be beer.

Stomach off a bit this afternoon, going to let the mr order takeout when he wakes up & i’ll Continue to drink tea the rest of the day :)

:wave2: Making a quick stop in!

Went for a short walk last night. Made it short as it was stupidly cold out and I didn't realize how cold it was. It was -16C or 3f :cold: I cut it short to 30 minutes. My legs were cold. It seems to be warming up a little now. It is supposed to go above freezing tomorrow.

My new desk came in last night. So I got my boys to help me set up and move out the old one. Now I have a better idea of a couple more things I need to organize that area. I ordered some wallpaper to give that space a boost as well. Can't wait for it to all come together. No working on any projects other than that last night. Hopefully tonight I will get them completed and my project room a little more organized again. It is driving me nuts.

Your backyard looks like paradise. How do you even want to leave?!
At HomeSense ( TJX /Winners/Marshalls ) we have a quarantine carts. They get put into the warehouse, with the date that the cart was used to accept returns. After 2 days, we put the items back on the shelves. I hope more stores are doing this as well.
Weather is still windy, but we have less rain than other places today.......but it`s grey outside right now, hoping for a little sunshine at some point.....
I hope you start to get some sunshine soon. I struggle when there are too many grey days in a row.
Still sending you positive healing thoughts and vibes.
ust heard the mini egg cake made by L has won her a Homepride Mini Baker award. Homepride is one of our larger baking supplies companies for flour etc. Her prize will come in the post she will be thrilled.
That is amazing!!!! Congrats to L

I forgot to add to yesterdays convo about buying items at stores. I ALWAYS dig. I will take from the bottom or the back of the shelf. I never grab what is right in front of me for 2 reasons. 1- freshness. They will always rotate product, putting the oldest on top or in front. 2- for the reason that you never know what someone may have done to that item...like SITTING on a freaking bag of rice....or lifting the seal on the ice cream and taking a lick on it 🤢 DH thinks I'm crazy. I worked in a grocery store and I KNOW what people do when they think staff are NOT looking. We would watch people from upstairs doing stuff all the time. Soooooo many people are gross.

I guess I should get back to trying to look busy and shuffle a few papers again. Hopefully check in again a little later!!!!! Have a great day everyone!!!!

Quiet day today thank goodness. My only "excitement" was going to the accountant's office to sign my tax return. We are getting a refund of one dollar from the state. Oooh, can't wait to spend it all in one place.

Charade, yay for knocking off another day on your countdown. You will enjoy the parks at that time of year, even if not doing HHN.
I am so looking forward to it. This will be my first ever solo trip anywhere.

Aww...sweet. I'm a little envious. My cat is not a cuddler.

Hope you are able to find something you like. We found a store that does not have pushy sales people. Most of our furniture has come from that store.

Just heard the mini egg cake made by L has won her a Homepride Mini Baker award. Homepride is one of our larger baking supplies companies for flour etc. Her prize will come in the post she will be thrilled.
Congratulations L!

Stomach off a bit this afternoon, going to let the mr order takeout when he wakes up & i’ll Continue to drink tea the rest of the day
Hope you feel better soon.

I forgot to add to yesterdays convo about buying items at stores. I ALWAYS dig. I will take from the bottom or the back of the shelf. I never grab what is right in front of me for 2 reasons. 1- freshness. They will always rotate product, putting the oldest on top or in front. 2- for the reason that you never know what someone may have done to that item...like SITTING on a freaking bag of rice....or lifting the seal on the ice cream and taking a lick on it 🤢 DH thinks I'm crazy. I worked in a grocery store and I KNOW what people do when they think staff are NOT looking. We would watch people from upstairs doing stuff all the time. Soooooo many people are gross.
I am the same. I never take from the front unless it is the only item left.

I need to go pack my overnight bag. Tomorrow we go to BG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter