Something About Nothing............ #14

Ah Thursday is here. Can I turn the alarm off? Yes. Yay.

Commute was more red lights and cars than I had the last 2 days. Guess back to work for many now. But happily not all in my family is back to office time. Good thing too, as have a worker coming today, so DH can be there instead of me having to take time off. Wish we were back to that maximum teleworking schedule we had going forward off the virus all telework time. But as they say, it is what it is, as that 60 percent time in office now.

No matter. Tea in my mug, thank you hot water from the bottle.

So quiet, but I do like early mornings, even more so when I am in that lazy mode. Which happily, tomorrow.

So enjoy your beverage today, and think, as with this being a Thirsty Thursday,can give a yay, as then Friday is tomorrow. Woot!

Good morning. From a just at freezing homie, in a very dark sky, having to scrape ice off my car windows, before that ugh, commute into the city.

Oooh though my bird poop stained windows, that horizon looks nice:
IMG_3130.jpeg

IMG_4534.jpeg
About the only thing that hasn’t popped up here in last few days

kitchen just about ready for the stove, freshly painted, old stove and fridge moved in order to give the delivery men room to roam tomorrow

kept thinking I was hearing sounds of a babbling brook yesterday when working in kitchen. Turns out in the basement the hot water tank overflow tank was pretending to be a waterfall on the newish furnace.🙀

that plumber never got back to me. Thank God one of my DS has friend who works commercial. Made a stop after work to stop the flow & back again tonight to fix. the mr was plumber in navy. Does a fine job on most things for us, no papers to work in our county on that sort of thing tho.

making a run out for supplies for Super Bowl get together, then to pick up the flooring for kitchen. Thinking leftovers for dinner will do the trick.

we don`t want him back here!!! Pair of grifters.
Those two gives grifting a bad name
The countdown to Mexico is 30 days! :cool1: I am waiting for a call back from the union about how to proceed and guide the conversation about my holiday request - which they haven't
Wow. Would assume your contract book would have the specifics about this situation. Good luck getting it resolved quickly so you can enjoy your countdown
Not forecast for us, but it is very light and more sleety.
Ew. We should break 60 today, overcast. Still going to try to knock out a mile on the track this afternoon.

good day all!

lol....I prefer my views!!!!

View attachment 832491
About the only thing that hasn’t popped up here in last few days

kitchen just about ready for the stove, freshly painted, old stove and fridge moved in order to give the delivery men room to roam tomorrow

kept thinking I was hearing sounds of a babbling brook yesterday when working in kitchen. Turns out in the basement the hot water tank overflow tank was pretending to be a waterfall on the newish furnace.🙀

that plumber never got back to me. Thank God one of my DS has friend who works commercial. Made a stop after work to stop the flow & back again tonight to fix. the mr was plumber in navy. Does a fine job on most things for us, no papers to work in our county on that sort of thing tho.

making a run out for supplies for Super Bowl get together, then to pick up the flooring for kitchen. Thinking leftovers for dinner will do the trick.

Those two gives grifting a bad name

Wow. Would assume your contract book would have the specifics about this situation. Good luck getting it resolved quickly so you can enjoy your countdown

Ew. We should break 60 today, overcast. Still going to try to knock out a mile on the track this afternoon.

good day all!

Love that meme!!!

They do give grifters a bad name for sure....he got short shrift yesterday, less than 20 minutes with the King after keeping him waiting and turning up invited then couldn`t get a room with a single friend as he doesn`t have any it seems. Rumour has it he`s not be trusted alone in Royal properties, so stayed in a hotel overnight before flying home, hope he got the hint. Complete PR stunt from that one.

That`s the last thing you needed!!! Glad you could get that young man to help out, thank goodness for folks like that you can call on. You`ll be glad to get it all done and I`ll bet it`s lovely, you`ll be thrilled with it, colour sounds lovely, you`ll end up spending more time in there I`ll bet....who doesn`t love a new kitchen toy!!!

Superbowl??? Is it that time again??

Yes, it`s been a foul day today, snow never came to anything, further up North were getting some apparently, we just have high winds and a lot of heavy rain and it is freezing out there!!!

We shopped quickly this morning and came home before the worst of it started and it`s going to be bad all night and more rain tomorrow. So my version of chicken pot pie was very welcome tonight, we did enjoy it with some buttered savoy cabbage, not sure if that`s what you call it over there, very crinkly cabbage, so it was very nice and definitely hit the spot tonight as it is horrible outside.

I do love leaving everything open so we can see how miserable it is outside on nights like this, we have some low lighting outside the doors in the kitchen so we can see how dreadful it is as we eat dinner. Our kitchen table is the far side of the kitchen but we can see the rain battering down clearly from there.

I have two shoulders of lamb defrosting, they will take till tomorrow to completely defrost, plan to cut all the meat off and marinade it all overnight tomorrow for a curry on Saturday night, should be enough to freeze a second portion. Should be lovely, it`s not going to be weather to be going out anywhere.

Time for a pot of tea as is usual at this time of night after dinner and a cosy night ahead for us for sure.

cv81-S.jpg

@saskdw

How`s your weather now? There was an item on some channel I`ve been glancing at and they were talking about your general area and how it was milder than usual last few days......yeah, still pretty darn baltic for the rest of the world......lol.....

Wind is wild out there, glad we`re in and warm.

Watching some Danish tv show with subtitles right now, a bit dreary but decent enough story....we`ll see if it lasts another episode.

@saskdw

How`s your weather now? There was an item on some channel I`ve been glancing at and they were talking about your general area and how it was milder than usual last few days......yeah, still pretty darn baltic for the rest of the world......lol.....

Wind is wild out there, glad we`re in and warm.

Watching some Danish tv show with subtitles right now, a bit dreary but decent enough story....we`ll see if it lasts another episode.
It is 26F here right now and overnight low of 18F.

Very warm for this time of year. We had that crazy cold snap for a couple weeks, but other than that been a mild winter.

It is 26F here right now and overnight low of 18F.

Very warm for this time of year. We had that crazy cold snap for a couple weeks, but other than that been a mild winter.

Doesn`t sound too bad then.

I had never seen that area you mentioned, it is beautiful with one stunning hotel they showed, although they also showed some pictures of frozen rivers which were bloomin scary!!!

I think we`ll be falling asleep listening to the rain pounding against the windows tonight, I don`t mind that at all, some folks don`t like it, I do.

If it`s still like this tomorrow, I doubt we`ll go out the door though!!

Doesn`t sound too bad then.

I had never seen that area you mentioned, it is beautiful with one stunning hotel they showed, although they also showed some pictures of frozen rivers which were bloomin scary!!!

I think we`ll be falling asleep listening to the rain pounding against the windows tonight, I don`t mind that at all, some folks don`t like it, I do.

If it`s still like this tomorrow, I doubt we`ll go out the door though!!
I actually find the sound of rain at night very relaxing!

This week has been the longest Monday ever. It has been one annoying thing after another at work. When I got home today I was (only half seriously) looking up the cost of flights to Orlando and AP hotel rates. Dh said go ahead and do it, but I can’t really take a vacation on such short notice.
I am going to try to enjoy my weekend and hope next week is less stressful.

I went to Walgreens today to pick up a few items we needed.
Completely forgot to look for a valentine card for Mr Mac.

Will be back at Walgreens tomorrow.

Same weather forecast for us tomorrow.
Day after will be having better temperatures.
I rarely venture out of the house when it’s cold out.

I just send Mr Mac out for some errands.

Been having a tv night relaxing with the cats.
Whenever I sit in the recliner, they jump on my lap and snooze.

Hope all the homies are doing good!

Us too, no matter how heavy it is, I`ll drop right off to sleep listening to it.

This week has been the longest Monday ever. It has been one annoying thing after another at work. When I got home today I was (only half seriously) looking up the cost of flights to Orlando and AP hotel rates. Dh said go ahead and do it, but I can’t really take a vacation on such short notice.
I am going to try to enjoy my weekend and hope next week is less stressful.

If I lived as close as you, I`d go for the weekend!!! But, if you don`t have a very relaxing weekend, sounds like you really need it.

I went to Walgreens today to pick up a few items we needed.
Completely forgot to look for a valentine card for Mr Mac.

Will be back at Walgreens tomorrow.

Same weather forecast for us tomorrow.
Day after will be having better temperatures.
I rarely venture out of the house when it’s cold out.

I just send Mr Mac out for some errands.

Been having a tv night relaxing with the cats.
Whenever I sit in the recliner, they jump on my lap and snooze.

Hope all the homies are doing good!

Sounds good mac.

We still have rain, winds are not as high but they sounded higher than reported all night long.

We`ve decided not to go out today, we don`t need to, but Tom will pop to the other farm to get 3 doz eggs. I`m baking this weekend and on Monday I`m baking 4 flourless chocolate cakes, will slice them up and hand them into Kyle`s office on Tuesday. We`re in for a meeting on Thursday and I`m sure they`ll almost be gone by then!!

This morning after some housework which both us do, Tom`s as good around the house as I am and does his fair share I`m glad to say, then I have to attack those two lamb shoulders to dice off the meat to marinade for my curry tomorrow night, glad I have very sharp knives.

I doubt we`ll do much more today I think Tom is volunteering later for a couple of hours, but not all afternoon, says he`ll be back for afternoon tea.

Just finished our late breakfast as we`re in no rush to go anywhere today, bacon rolls were very nice, back to French toast tomorrow I think, my favourite. Dinner tonight is spicy chicken stir fry and coconut rice.

And it`s the weekend.....catch up with friends time I think.

And hope Janet`s kitchen all falls into place today.....happy new stove!!!!

i-fJ9NJkx-S.png

cv171-S.jpg

cv82-S.png

Have the best Friday.....it`s the weekend!!! 😁

If I lived as close as you, I`d go for the weekend!!!
As tempting as that is, the cheapest flight out of my city today is over $900. If I had booked yesterday I could have gotten a flight out of Raleigh/Durham NC on Sunday for $258. The airport is about 2.5 hours from where I live.

I’ll just have to wait until November. B and I have decided to stay at Cabana Bay. Since it’s her birthday I told her I will pay a little extra and get a volcano view room.

I need to make a quick grocery stop today, but other than that, I have no plans at all.

Ooh used my credits, so flights are booked, let the good times roll. Yay! Now to decide which hotel, though rental still high to me, but like our December trip, guess busier time. I will still do that find better, cancel and repeat until day before we go. Too bad this Spring did not work out for ya Charade, but yay for a planned November birthday trip. Another yay to water view booking room. We liked CB the one night we stayed there.

Ah, nothing like a relaxing three day weekend. Though even with our alarm turned off, DH got me up at 3 am this morning. I took a long hot shower, then didn’t feel well, took medicine, so next thing ya know, it was 10 am. Guess I needed that shower, medicine, and more sleep. I still feel a bit not well, so making some oatmeal, then I’ll take more medicine. Need gas for the car, so hoping little one comes with me. Hopefully, then she can pump the gas instead of me.

Should see older one soon, he works today. His schedule is so odd, he works 5 days, not always all the week day days, then has 2 off, but this week, he works 7 days straight, starting tomorrow. I guess because he has a long weekend off at the beginning of March. Our one radio station hosts a cardboard classic at the one mountain resort. Watch cardboard made sleds go down the mountain, concert and party atmosphere all weekend. So kids are going this year, as it’s a 21 age and over restriction. And our mountains chain is about a 2 or so hour drive up the one main highway. They already booked the hotel when the dates were announced months ago. Many go there, as popular station and known fun weekend. So they should have mountain snow fun, while being not that far way.

But today, still in that mid 50’s high. Saying partly cloudy this morning, then a clear skies afternoon. I’ll take it, as a February day. Rocking those sunglasses, yay!

Ah, Hope all have a Fabulous Friday and a most Wonderful Weekend.

Yes, older one is now up. Good morning to him and all the homies here.

IMG_3067.jpeg

IMG_3064.jpeg

you`ll end up spending more time in there I`ll bet....who doesn`t love a new kitchen toy!!!

Superbowl??? Is it that time again??
Indeed it’s that most glorious time of the year, new commercials!

just read Ben affleck was paid $1 million for his Dunkin Donuts commericial. :scratchin

our new bundle of joy is promised between noon & 4 pm today. Not my first rodeo with Loews nonsensical delivery system. Have a store 3 miles away, with the model in stock there. one again item is being delivered from another store (not to be confused with their local, central warehouse) that is easily 2 hours away in traffic. :confused:
some buttered savoy cabbage
It’s generally difficult to find in our area unless at a farmer’s market. Even then wildly pricey. Not sure I’ve ever eaten it. regular cabbage, yes; that’s been nearly $1 a # all winter. Even then quite pale, little green color. Grabbed two giant ones last week when on sale. Too warm here for how I want to use them (stuffed cabbage, beef vegetable soup and probably unstuffed pepper soup. I’m storing them in our cold room until temps drop back into 30’s next week.
Watching some Danish tv show with subtitles right now
The mr put on dr Strangelove, then disappeared for last half hour Buzzing about. I’m half watching between catching up on emails As always worth a viewing
I’m in the other camp. When we moved into our house, there was a small metal awning on one of the porches. the mr mentioned it reminded him of his grandmother’s house and how he loved sleeping over and hearing the rain hit it. darn it, how could I get rid of it? Just turn on the tv once he’s asleep and drowns it out
Dh said go ahead and do it, but I can’t really take a vacation on such short notice.
Of course you can…

Of course I love spur of the moment trips:drive:, if I find those $29 fares on Spirit!
Completely forgot to look for a valentine card for Mr Mac
You could always make him one. I’ve done it several times when I’ve misplaced ones I bought. Funny to discover those are the one the mr keeps.
And hope Janet`s kitchen all falls into place today.....happy new stove!!!!
IMG_3063.jpeg
Is it weird to admit I’m torn about what to make first in it?
Since it’s her birthday I told her I will pay a little extra and get a volcano view room.
My thots on booking volcano rooms…be prepared to add on the waterpark tix lol
Ooh used my credits, so flights are booked, let the good times roll. Yay! Now to decide which hotel, though rental still high to me, but like our December trip, guess busier time.
Ooh indeed! Where & when are we going? Guessing working that AP.

I’m getting cabin fever and it’s only been 2 months lol. Unfortunately, my Dr stared me down & said absolutely no traveling until March…mumble-grumble

enjoy your long weekend
I took a long hot shower, then didn’t feel well, took medicine, so next thing ya know, it was 10 am
Uhoh, take it easy

Attachments

• IMG_3061.jpeg
    IMG_3061.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
As tempting as that is, the cheapest flight out of my city today is over $900. If I had booked yesterday I could have gotten a flight out of Raleigh/Durham NC on Sunday for $258. The airport is about 2.5 hours from where I live.

I’ll just have to wait until November. B and I have decided to stay at Cabana Bay. Since it’s her birthday I told her I will pay a little extra and get a volcano view room.

I need to make a quick grocery stop today, but other than that, I have no plans at all.

I hear you. $900 is a lot for the short flight you have there.

You`ll have a lovely time with your daughter in November, nice birthday treat.

View attachment 832771

View attachment 832772

Indeed it’s that most glorious time of the year, new commercials!

just read Ben affleck was paid $1 million for his Dunkin Donuts commericial. :scratchin

our new bundle of joy is promised between noon & 4 pm today. Not my first rodeo with Loews nonsensical delivery system. Have a store 3 miles away, with the model in stock there. one again item is being delivered from another store (not to be confused with their local, central warehouse) that is easily 2 hours away in traffic. :confused:

It’s generally difficult to find in our area unless at a farmer’s market. Even then wildly pricey. Not sure I’ve ever eaten it. regular cabbage, yes; that’s been nearly $1 a # all winter. Even then quite pale, little green color. Grabbed two giant ones last week when on sale. Too warm here for how I want to use them (stuffed cabbage, beef vegetable soup and probably unstuffed pepper soup. I’m storing them in our cold room until temps drop back into 30’s next week.

The mr put on dr Strangelove, then disappeared for last half hour Buzzing about. I’m half watching between catching up on emails As always worth a viewing

I’m in the other camp. When we moved into our house, there was a small metal awning on one of the porches. the mr mentioned it reminded him of his grandmother’s house and how he loved sleeping over and hearing the rain hit it. darn it, how could I get rid of it? Just turn on the tv once he’s asleep and drowns it out

Of course you can…

Of course I love spur of the moment trips:drive:, if I find those $29 fares on Spirit!

You could always make him one. I’ve done it several times when I’ve misplaced ones I bought. Funny to discover those are the one the mr keeps.

View attachment 832773

My thots on booking volcano rooms…be prepared to add on the waterpark tix lol

Ooh indeed! Where & when are we going? Guessing working that AP.

I’m getting cabin fever and it’s only been 2 months lol. Unfortunately, my Dr stared me down & said absolutely no traveling until March…mumble-grumble

enjoy your long weekend

Uhoh, take it easy

I must have missed it was Superbowl weekend.....and I spoke to folks that`s going a few weeks ago!!!

Savoy cabbage is a very vivid green here, you can buy them in grocery stores and even then they`re quite decent colours, but smaller, whereas farmers markets they tend to be huge!! Yes, very versatile although Tom will only eat it buttered or stir fried with onion, garlic and bacon....lush!!!

Oh what to cook first is a dilemma indeed!!! I`m sure you`ll love it. Deliveries are a hit or miss here, some places still try to fob you off with between 7am and 10pm....er no, either narrow it down to at least a few hours, even morning or afternoon will do, if not, I go elsewhere, usually works.

Yes, 80`s music channels and emails/laptop/trip report for me today while Tom was out, plan to watch some movies tonight though!!!

Look forward to hearing you love this new toy....and nothing wrong with being excited about it too!!

Wind has died down here but it is so murky out there, lots of rain till a few hours ago, now we have a very low hanging mist that looks more like fog as it get`s darker, still cold, just not as bad.

Busy day, got everything done we wanted to do, friends dropped in for morning tea although one drinks coffee.....had a nice chat and they left before lunch, then Tom headed out and I passed the day doing internet stuff listening to fabulous music!

Chicken stir fry tonight for us, spicy and fruity then we plan to watch some more Insidious movies tonight....lights off candles on....spooky and romantic too 🥰

Too early for dinner just yet, only just 5pm here.....glass of wine maybe.....well it is Friday night!!

HI All:

I've been kind of MIA for a while on this site.

I hope things get better soon and I feel like catching up. I love reading all the posts though.

Just taking a sabbatical.

ruth

Good to see you post Ruth, take your time, take it easy, we`ll still be here when you`re up to posting again.

Sabbaticals are good at times :)

I "may" have added too many carolina reaper chillies to the stir fry 🙄

Still very edible though and we did enjoy it. Now Tom is making a pot of tea and breaking into the shortbread I baked to go with it.

Wine later and scary movie time........🍷🎬

Ooh used my credits, so flights are booked, let the good times roll. Yay! Now to decide which hotel, though rental still high to me,
Cool. Are you taking a spring trip?

just read Ben affleck was paid $1 million for his Dunkin Donuts commericial.
That’s insane. I was annoyed back when Cigna was airing commercials with Ted Danson, Queen Latifa, and Nick Jonas. I wondered how much money they paid for celebrity endorsements when they were paying their providers so poorly.

Of course you can…

Unfortunately I can never get deals that good. I don’t even know if Spirit flies out of any airport near me.

I would bake some kind of dessert.

I must have missed it was Superbowl weekend..
Yep, that time again. I went to the grocery today and it was already busy.

It may be pizza day, but B wanted to start celebrating Chinese New Year a little early, so we had lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Now I’m going to relax for the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter