Something about Nothing, come join in........ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! Yes I was actually supposed to be leaving this morning but oldest DD is in the middle of a nasty divorce & had a court date today so I decided to stay around for it. Long story short, soon to be ex-sil didn't show up for court today, told his lawyer he was in the hospital. When dd would not agree to shared custody his lawyer went out to call him, something dd said for some reason made said lawyer ask ex-sil what hospital he was in and for a room number & she was then told he wasn't in the hospital, he just didn't feel well. She was livid, to say the least. Came back in and told dd & her lawyer that whatever they wanted for custody was fine. She reemed him pretty good, is going to draw up the sole custody papers and financials and get back with dd's lawyer nexxt week. Ex- sil now gets to see the little one every other weekend with supervised visitation with his parents only!!!!!!! Now we just have to hope that all ends up that way.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in & say hi & bye!!! Talk to you all when we return!

you're a good mom lori to take the time to help dd out like you did.

hopefully you can do your trip now and relax and enjoy yourself

safe travels to you homie

do they make you feel like a "snausage"? bought one @ JCP that promised to take 3 inches off; it was akin to wearing a girdle - very uncomfy imo.

:lmao: :lmao: I had to laugh at the snausage comment. :lmao: :lmao:

Once upon a time in my younger and stupider days, I bought a girdle-ish contraption. It was called a "Nip, Tuck & Boost". To paraphrase the tag, it promised to grab all the miscellaneous fat from around my upper body and shove it into my chest region to make it appear that I was slender and had ****s.

I wore it out once to a nightclub. Sometime, after a few cocktails, it wound up in the women's restroom trashcan. :rolleyes1

:lmao: :lmao: I had to laugh at the snausage comment. :lmao: :lmao:

Once upon a time in my younger and stupider days, I bought a girdle-ish contraption. It was called a "Nip, Tuck & Boost". To paraphrase the tag, it promised to grab all the miscellaneous fat from around my upper body and shove it into my chest region to make it appear that I was slender and had ****s.

I wore it out once to a nightclub. Sometime, after a few cocktails, it wound up in the women's restroom trashcan. :rolleyes1
ROTF:rotfl: , i've "lost" my pantyhose before if the control top got too uncomfortable (and my inhibitions loosened up somewhat after a few drinks) - so graceless trying to balance shedding them in the tiny stall...talk about staggering around.

mac - ergo the reason my 2 oldest DSs got their own plan...3 strikes (of non answering the phone) and they lost it. I'm a mean mom.;) 'course, i made allowances for movies, etc. My calls were usually reserved forthe ones reminding them of impending curfew or checking up when i had that gut feeling they were possibly going 'off-kilter'.

lori - divorce sux period, hang in there; you sound like a great support for DD.

barb - thought you looked fantastic, model-like - don't think i've ever been that thin (i wish - blame it on a healthy appetite & bad genes lol)

No, not like a girdle (or else I would never wear it! :). They aren't flimsy though. They are just cut to flatter, I guess. I must have 5 of them at least, all different styles. At the end of the season, they usually have a $39 sale (hence, why I have 5!).

okay, will check it out!

btw, i wish all type was in the font you use!:thumbsup2 so sick of reading glasses i could scream.

but when mine got their cell phones keisha, they paid the bill on their own.
i think they were 20 and 21 when they bought them.

ROTF:rotfl: , i've "lost" my pantyhose before if the control top got too uncomfortable (and my inhibitions loosened up somewhat after a few drinks) - so graceless trying to balance shedding them in the tiny stall...talk about staggering around.

Oh, yeah. I've done that more than a time or two. Now, imagine coming out of ALL your clothes in order to get the please-let-me-breathe girdle thing off... balancing drunk in a tiny stall... while other women who have been drinking are becoming steadily more verbally abusive to those of us hogging the stalls.

Maybe that's why it stuck so clearly in my memory... :scratchin

Oh, yeah. I've done that more than a time or two. Now, imagine coming out of ALL your clothes in order to get the please-let-me-breathe girdle thing off... balancing drunk in a tiny stall... while other women who have been drinking are becoming steadily more verbally abusive to those of us hogging the stalls.

Maybe that's why it stuck so clearly in my memory... :scratchin

:lmao: :lmao:

bigger font for janet :rolleyes1

lori...you ARE a great mom....your dd needs your support right now...good to hear things are working in her favor :goodvibes hope you are able to enjoy your trip a bit more now........

janet...thanks for the compliment, but i've got 'areas' to tone ..... i got off track around the holidays, but when school starts back, I start back! gotta cruise next year....have got to tone the "flabs" :laughing: ...now if poor DH could find time/energy to workout :sad2:

and Tricia..i'm sorry i yelled you were hoggin' the stall......take yer time! :thumbsup2

Do you all remember drive-in movies? popcorn:: :goodvibes Well, one day I came home from the movie with my boyfriend. :love: Mom was still up. She looked at me and asked me why my shirt was on inside out?!? :eek: :rolleyes1

Stopping in briefly to say hi! Somehow cutting grass between the storms, running kids to and from soccer & band, and getting to AAA to get travelers' checks managed to take most of the morning. Then dropped DS off at his girlfriends' and ended up staying an hour and talking Disney (they got back a couple weeks ago). And I've been cleaning the house since then. My kids ask "why do we clean the house more when we're NOT going to be here than when we are?" :rotfl: Really, though, 2 reasons. So our cat sitter doesn't think we're a complete slob (DS14's friend and his mom do it) and so I don't have to come home to a messy house!

Got all our kids cells this year because they were all 3 at different schools. Between all their activities and sports, and particularly the frequency of schedule changes, it seemed necessary. They could stand in line with 15 other kids in the office (and pay 50 cents) when they change basketball practice for the 50th time, but it's easier just to call or text me. This way, they can also call me when I'm running late (although to them, running late means more than 30 seconds after practice ended!) and I can tell them where I am. And (like I'm sure I've mentioned on this thread), then DS15 can text his girlfriend an average of 4000 times a month (unfortunately, not an exaggeration).

Okay - we'll plan to ride Jaws at night! Also planning Jungle Cruise at night for the first time, although I'm guessing the atmosphere won't be quite the same!

Lori - sorry to hear you ended up staying. Know you were looking forward to getting away a bit earlier. Glad it sounds like it's working out well for your daughter though! See you in 2 days!

I don't worry much about swimsuits because I pretty much always wear a t-shirt over mine anyways if I'm outside! :rolleyes1 Makes selecting one easier!

Well, dinner's about ready, DS15's still saying goodbye to his girlfriend (for more than 2 WEEKS!), DS14's at a friend's pool probably getting nice and sunburned before we leave, and DS12's lying in front of Jurassic Park (he's still recovering from a cold). Tomorrow at this time we'll be on the plane!:banana: :banana:

She looked at me and asked me why my shirt was on inside out?!? :eek: :rolleyes1

I had a similar experience, sorta. I was working as a receptionist for a small publishing company. Everyone pretty much knew that the president (female) was having an affair with one of the owners, but it was just one of those "whatever" things. One day, I'm at my desk and the owner comes out of the president's office. I had a stack of messages to deliver to her, so I walked in to her office to deliver them. There she sat, prim and proper... eyeglasses perched on the end of her nose... while she carefully scanned the report that they had clearly just been discussing. I dropped the messages on her desk and she gave me the absent-minded "Thanks" that told me clearly she was deep in thought. On my way out the door I paused at the doorway and said, "Oh, Pat? Your shirt's on inside out..." turned and kept on walking.

My kids ask "why do we clean the house more when we're NOT going to be here than when we are?" :rotfl: Really, though, 2 reasons. So our cat sitter doesn't think we're a complete slob (DS14's friend and his mom do it) and so I don't have to come home to a messy house!

I am the same way! It's bad enough I'll have all the laundry, I don't want the cleaning too!

Have a fabulous trip! :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter