Something about Nothing, come join in........ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh,, and to reply to barb's comment, yes, acceptable excuse for tracie being MIA......

you gotta know that homie is still in pain.......ouch

I wore braces for four or five years in the middle school era and HATED that damn head gear. :mad:

I wore braces for four or five years in the middle school era and HATED that damn head gear. :mad:

head gear!?! :eek: got any pix you'd care to share?

as i mentioned before, the boards are quiet w/o gemma around :rotfl:

darn! :headache:
(ever heard of a scanner? :rolleyes1 )

anyhows...you and mac should hook up at HHN on oct 4th...i think she is putting together a mini meet w/ Jodie and some others.... :thumbsup2

anyhows...you and mac should hook up at HHN on oct 4th...i think she is putting together a mini meet w/ Jodie and some others.... :thumbsup2
We're working on it..she's doing the RIP Tour with the rest (I think that's the night she's doing it) but I can't pay that kind of money so we might just hang out a bit before the tour. If not, I will have EP in hand.

hey HHN peeps...i have a question...

how come they don't allow people w/ masks/makeup into HHN? so they don't get confused w/ TM's??

hey HHN peeps...i have a question...

how come they don't allow people w/ masks/makeup into HHN? so they don't get confused w/ TM's??
For that reason plus I think it would encourage younger folks to want to come and it's WAY too intense for most small children.

On a different note, we've spent the last 2 hours looking for DS14's cell phone with no success. We've determined the last time he used it was when he went to the movies during his party (July 13). He didn't have a pocket and gave it to his friend to hold. Have calls in to the movie theater and the friend, but no one returning them yet! Yes, I was planning on having it for Disney!

Two years ago, my than 15 year old son was at a local fair with his cell phone so he could call home for a ride. Around 11:00 I get a call that he is ready, didn't think to much about the fact that the caller ID read a different #. :confused3 Two weeks later, he is getting ready to go somewhere and I remind him to bring the cell. He gets this pained look on his face. :scratchin Mom, about that phone, I can't find it. So we tore apart the house, backpack, cars etc. Finally decided the last time he had the phone was at the fair when he was on the rides.
Yep, sure enough he lost it at the fair. TWO WEEKS AGO :furious: One of the carny workers found it and had been calling Mexico and all of Latin America for two weeks. The phone bill was in the thousands. Thank God, with a bit of begging from DH, they deleted the charges. Needless to say, DS didn't get another phone right away. Hopefully, he learned his lesson...

Well, we determined the last time he had it for sure was July 13 (almost 2 weeks ago!). Know he brought it to the theater, and gave it to a friend to carry because he didn't have a pocket. Called the friend - insists he didn't have it. Called the theater and the conversation went like this:

Was it a Sprint phone? YES!
Silver, Samsung brand? YES!
An older model, that folds in half? YES!
And the phone number is 471.. YES!
5797 (or whatever).....NO!

I'm still wondering if somehow he set it down and someone grabbed his thinking it was theirs - someone like my son who uses it maybe every 2 weeks or so. I'm trying to go online and see if it was used but can only look at my bill through July 11th (when I knew we had it) because that was our last statement date. When DH gets home in a hour or so I'll see if he can figure it out online or maybe call them. I did call the local store and they said they could put his line back on our old phone (we got new phones about a year ago) if nothing else. But it's an old phone because we got phones, then got new ones, then got new ones again, each time passing them down so the one he lost is from 3 years ago and the possible replacement is from 5 years ago! Know it doesn't have a camera and don't even think it can text.

I'll let you guys know. There's probably a small chance that it's packed somewhere in the 4 duffle bags of stuff, but I just can't see putting it in a duffle. I ripped apart all the carryons to make sure it wasn't in there, but didn't find it. Again I can't believe I would intentionally pack it in there, but maybe set it down and something got put on top of it or whatever. I am NOT pulling apart 4 duffle bags to find out!

Okay, I figured out how to find the current usage. So far since July 11th, his phone has been used for 2 minutes, to call another family member. I think I can confidently say that it was used on the phone call to me on July 13th (which I can pull up on my phone). So the phone is sitting somewhere - in the house, in a duffle bag or at a friends house, but luckily not at a fair where people are using it to call Mexico! (not yet at least!)

Okay, I figured out how to find the current usage. So far since July 11th, his phone has been used for 2 minutes, to call another family member. I think I can confidently say that it was used on the phone call to me on July 13th (which I can pull up on my phone). So the phone is sitting somewhere - in the house, in a duffle bag or at a friends house, but luckily not at a fair where people are using it to call Mexico! (not yet at least!)

Oh, thank goodness. It was such a hassle, the phone company told me I had to get a police report and send it to them. Didn't I feel stupid asking the officer to fill it out for me. I did'nt tell my son, but his new phone now has insurance on it! :lmao: DH didn't want to get him another phone, :eek: but with hockey practices and all the other stuff he does, it sure made my life easier for him to be able to call when he was ready. We ended up getting him a used phone off the internet to replace the lost one. Worked out great. Only cost like $25 :banana: :banana:
Hope it turns up before you leave!

I have the insurance on my phone too. It's only $4.99/month and if I drop it or it's lost/stolen, I don't have to pay to replace it. Sounds good to me. :thumbsup2

I wonder how Gemma's doing in that McMansion they rented:woohoo: :woohoo: i wouldn't want to leave! I can see her by the pool reading Harry Potter, and her cousins trying to drag her into the pool and play:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

pay as you go phone :thumbsup2 that way, there's only "x" amount of minutes on it, pay as you go....we rarely use cell phones, and that's what we have.... every 3 months we have to put $20 on it to keep it active and then we pay like 18 cents/minute. You can accumulate up to 400 minutes before you "don't retain" anymore. DH has like $70 worth of minutes on his phone and now is starting to use them :rotfl: ....i don't have quite that many (as i use it at work sometimes), but i have a lot. And, we have it linked to our "online purchase" credit card, so in 3 months OR whenever we get low, it automatically "tops up"... :thumbsup2 It works well for us, but again, we don't talk on it a lot....more of an emergency thing for us..... Couple Saturdays ago, we went to a picnic and i had a phone and gave Bubba a phone to keep in his (zippered) pocket. (Love those cargos!) I told him if he needed me and couldn't find me, or vice versa, to call and i showed him the speed dial for my phone. (It was a big picnic and house and grounds...so, to go looking for him would take awhile....as there are animals, wood shop, in the house, etc....oh, did i mention it was on the grounds of the Berks County wardens house?)
Oddly enough, yesterday, Bubba informs me that when he goes to middle school, he is getting a cell phone WITH a camera in it :rotfl: oookkkaaayyyy..news to me....but, whatever..... good luck w/ that! :laughing:

marci....if you think the phone is in the house, have you called it?n (i'm sure you have...but just checkin)

marci & penny....have good trip!

For that reason plus I think it would encourage younger folks to want to come and it's WAY too intense for most small children.

thanks......kinda what i thought.....makes sense. i would never take Bubba there at his age...he'd have an accident in his pants.....heck, I might too :eek:

Yeah, we've tried calling it, but since DS never uses his phone, it's never on. It just goes right to voice mail. It's possible it was left on and has since died too. I know the phones have these tracking things on them, but the phone has to be on (and I'm not sure if they'd even do that for you unless you were subscribed, etc.). DH called and texted his phone with his number just in case someone somewhere finds it - at least they'd have a number to call to reach us. Hopefully it will show up sometime in the next few weeks. But I don't know if I should go over tomorrow and get his line put back on our old phone so he at least has a phone for Disney or if it's not really necesssary - we still have 4 other phones for 5 people and it's not likely that we'd ALL split up at once! (Yeah, we REALLY don't like each other! :lmao: )

quick drive by hi!

mac thanks for posting the site, now all i've got to do is find where my brand new APs are hiding; probably in the unpacked bag.

marci - lost cell phone & braces all in one week added to ferry incident & packing for vacation...you are holding it all together - well. FYI, i had a sales call from NCL today. Evidently, they have extended their military discount (just need the DD214) also offer a Union 5% on top of ALL sales prices. I may have to check that out for next trip.

tracy - how horrible for you, glad it wasn't worse. Bet you enjoyed having DH home to help.

damo - thanks for the info, i look forward to pics. It's funny WDW is dragging their feet on releasing rack rates & DVC point charts for '08...should be out by now. Rumour mill indicates a change in the DP is the fly in the ointment; wish they'd get on the ball. Let me know how the heat/humidity/crowds are. We can't go in June (family wedding) thinking July or August if not too hot.

barb - we had the weirdest storm come thru last way, not from the west as normal but from the east. Was very creepy for awhile. Anything out your way? Still some bands of rain coming thru that way.

metro - i had the insurance, somehow DH managed to run over his phone. We took it in but they opted to call it abuse:rolleyes: . Wouldn't pay up, permitted us to extend the contract & get new phones though. We have a family plan thru Cingular, up to 3 phones; roll over minutes. Use it infrequently, mostly for "free" network calls & all long distance. Two older sons on their own plan. I have blocked all text messages, etc. We could access the internet, even checkin on SW if i'd read the instructions.:rolleyes1 Figure it's better off not knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter