Something new -- multiple park, same day FPs

This really strikes me as a test for something coming down the road.

But I'm still not confident they can make this happen in MDE. And it's alarming that they're considering rolling out something that might allow people to use more of the high demand FPs.

If the tier 1 rules remains then it probably wouldn't be more. I can see them putting a tighter cap on FPs with this.

If the tier 1 rules remains then it probably wouldn't be more. I can see them putting a tighter cap on FPs with this.
Maybe not.

I can imagine people scheduling an extra FOP on their MK day, for example. Say 9:00 FOP, 10:30 space, 11:30 splash. Or, TT on the Epcot day, and FOA on the MK day.

Those morning tier 1's are going to be harder to get.

I don't really see this affecting Tier 1 FPs, I would think they would limit to one Tier 1 in advance per day across all parks, so if you get a Tier 1 at AK, you can't get one at EPCOT or HS until all three have been used for that day.

I don't really see this affecting Tier 1 FPs, I would think they would limit to one Tier 1 in advance per day across all parks, so if you get a Tier 1 at AK, you can't get one at EPCOT or HS until all three have been used for that day.
In order for this perk to be meaningful it would absolutely have to allow multiple Tier 1 attractions at different parks as part of the initial 3 FPs. Otherwise, no point.

In order for this perk to be meaningful it would absolutely have to allow multiple Tier 1 attractions at different parks as part of the initial 3 FPs. Otherwise, no point.
For some people perhaps, but for others it would be worthwhile. No, I don't think they will allow multiple Tier 1 on the same day as part of the initial 3.

For some people perhaps, but for others it would be worthwhile. No, I don't think they will allow multiple Tier 1 on the same day as part of the initial 3.
Unless the entire point of this promotion is to test the system where they will sell multiple tier 1 FPs per day. I just have a strong suspicion they're testing something.

If a 5 day hopper allows 5 tier 1 (1 per day), multipark FP+ option should not affect net tier 1 availability. It may affect specific ride availability, but it would then even out with extra availability for other rides. If I chose to ride FOP every day of my trip, I would no longer be taking a Toy Story ride (or 2), 7 D, or Frozen and/or TT, etc. It is not a zero sum proposition.

In fact, it is very possible that fp hopping could even better control traffic flow within the parks. It probably would also increase food dollars spent. Think of how many people already park hop just to eat in Epcot. Imagine how more hoppers could increase restaurant spend. Analytics may even find some benefits corporate doesn’t expect—or create some new headaches. Adding a new transportation option between Epcot and DHS and the arrival of SWGE could definitely benefit everyone with multipark fast pass options.

I was part of the FP+ trial in December 2012. While I loved being able to double dip both FastPass systems, my family is very happy with how fp+ affected how we tour. We would definitely use multipark FP for at least several park days.

If a 5 day hopper allows 5 tier 1 (1 per day), multipark FP+ option should not affect net tier 1 availability. It may affect specific ride availability, but it would then even out with extra availability for other rides. If I chose to ride FOP every day of my trip, I would no longer be taking a Toy Story ride (or 2), 7 D, or Frozen and/or TT, etc. It is not a zero sum proposition.
No, you'd be able to book FOP and 7DMT the same day.

Also, we're still assuming it's a single tier 1 per day, not per park.

In fact, it is very possible that fp hopping could even better control traffic flow within the parks. It probably would also increase food dollars spent. Think of how many people already park hop just to eat in Epcot. Imagine how more hoppers could increase restaurant spend. Analytics may even find some benefits corporate doesn’t expect—or create some new headaches. Adding a new transportation option between Epcot and DHS and the arrival of SWGE could definitely benefit everyone with multipark fast pass options.
I'm not following this part. Hopping between parks wouldn't necessarily increase food spending - they'd just be spending in one park vs. the other, right?

If this is meant to just increase park hopping, the only thing that I think will definitely increase is the amount of time people spend on buses (for those that would have had the base park ticket). Now, if they do allow more than one Tier 1 FP+ per day at different parks, then it will affect overall availability of Tier 1 FP+s. And maybe people will be so blinded by the prospect of booking FOP, TT, and SDD in one day they do multiple hops, spending even MORE time traveling. That should help dissipate some of the crowds.

I'm not following this part. Hopping between parks wouldn't necessarily increase food spending - they'd just be spending in one park vs. the other, right?
I was just trying to think of reasons Disney could want to increase hopping other than Fastpass. While the up charge is extra money in Disney’s pocket, I am sure they hope to increase other revenue streams as well.

My thought was increase table service over counter, or even Epcot counter over resort counter service. In retail, and food service, you always try to increase dollars spent per ticket/table. I would expect people on average spend more food dollars at Epcot than other parks. So, if you increase more visits to Epcot, maybe food dollars would increase as well. It is just a little theory, but one Disney could easily check with a small amount of data.

They want people to hop because the park hopper option costs money. Plus encouraging people to hop will help get people out of the parks/lines briefly as they hop which may help with the illusion of big crowds wandering.

So, I'm curious: how many FP reservations can you make? 3 total? 3 at each park? etc?...

FPs are made for each day you have ticket entry into a park. And you make 3 a day to start. For example, I have 4 day tickets to the parks, so I have a total of 12 FPs booked for the days. My son has the same 12. We will start with the 3 and then add 1 at a time until we are done in the park or until they close.

If this is meant to just increase park hopping, the only thing that I think will definitely increase is the amount of time people spend on buses (for those that would have had the base park ticket). Now, if they do allow more than one Tier 1 FP+ per day at different parks, then it will affect overall availability of Tier 1 FP+s. And maybe people will be so blinded by the prospect of booking FOP, TT, and SDD in one day they do multiple hops, spending even MORE time traveling. That should help dissipate some of the crowds.
Unless they bring back some form of the in park to in park shuttles they tested for a small fee. I would definitely pay some to have some form of shuttle that takes me from inside one park to inside another without having to go through security or the front entrance again.

Unless they bring back some form of the in park to in park shuttles they tested for a small fee. I would definitely pay some to have some form of shuttle that takes me from inside one park to inside another without having to go through security or the front entrance again.
I agree. That’s the main reason we don’t hop, the whole process just takes too long and feels like a waste of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter