Song of the South Video

melanieewr

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
"Song of the South" was the 2nd movie that I had ever seen as a child. Then it was re-released when my children were young. I have never seen the video available anywhere and was hoping someone might know where I could find it. I loved this movie and would like to share it with friends children and one day my grandchildren. I would imagine that a lot of folks have never seen this movie with all the "Brer" gang. Everytime I ride Splash Mtn I am reminded of the "magic" of seeing the movie for the first time. Thanks!

Melanie

"Song of the South" has never been released on video in the United States. The powers that be have deemed it politically incorrect. You can buy the European version on E-Bay and then have the tape converted to VHS format at a video specialty shop.

I purchased a conversion copy a year ago and it is very good. Trouble is.... I don't remember where I go it. However, I did a Dogpile.com search and came up with three sources: www.scottware.com.au; www.songofthesouth.co.uk; www.topdogmusic.com.

I cannot vouch for any of them as to their quality or anything else. Check them all out. You want a conversion from PAL format to VHS. Good luck!

Disney has recently discontinued the PAL version as well, so when the British sources run out of their current stock, they will be all gone. There are video shops in most major cities that can do PAL conversions, these are the same places that can convert old 8 mm home movies to video.

I bought what turned out to be a bootleg copy over the net from a confederate supply store. It was around $27 with shipping. Better than paying internet auction prices of $100+ for an original. (The store name might even be Confederate Supply) :confused:
Mine seems to be a Pal converted copy.
Let me know if you want me to try to find the site again. Mine maybe a copy, but it is pretty good for one. Kinda funny -- sometimes when the singing starts, asian (japanese?) words go across the bottom! :D

here is a direct link to a British website that sells Song of the South
Blackstar.co.uk
We ordered it through this site then when we received it we shipped it to someone who could convert it to VHS format. Sorry we can't remember who we shipped it to but I'm sure if you do a search something would come up. Good Luck! We are very happy to have a copy of this movie!

OK I ordered the song of the south but it is in the PAL version and I need to get it converted to our version but don't know where to send it...can a video store do it that is local like Blockbuster of does it have to be sent away...please reply as I have no idea where to send it...TIA Marianne :earsgirl: :wave:

Awhile back there was a thread like this one on the rumors board. You may want to do a search and see if it comes up. I can't remember if it was before the boards big move or after.
I think someone provided an address. Some people found local video/camera stores that would do it. Seems like most said it ran around $40. But not sure.
And many said the quality was bad.
I was leery about mine. And I can tell it isn't original. But it is a good copy, so it can be done.
I doubt Blockbuster would do it. But they may know who can. Usually it's businesses who can convert photos into video, that type of service.
Good luck.

Thanks to everyone! I did run a search before I started this thread but I didn't find anything so I knew where to turn...to fellow WD fanatics that seem to have the answers to everything. It never ceases to amaze me the info available here. I think that I will order the pal version from scottware and they will also send the vhs version to me at the same time. I haven't done this yet but I hope that by them doing this I might get a little better quality copy. I am so excited about seeing this movie again!

Thanks

Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter