Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

First post - coming out of lurking to say I’m very grateful for this thread. I’m scheduled for the mid-May longer Southern California/DLR trip and I’m anxious about it being cancelled (this is our third try for it, and our TA is pessimistic about it happening).

But reading through this convo and seeing the talk of the April trips (including the short escapes) trending positively is making me feel so much better!! I hope all of your trips happen and they’re absolutely amazing. Thank you!

Glad to see that others are feeling as hopeful as we are! For anyone who is extending their trip - have you asked ABD about making park pass reservations for the extra day(s)? We are staying a day extra, but as our tickets are through ABD, we obviously can't make a park pass reservation. I called today and was told that we'd hear more about logistics as it gets closer. Curious if others have heard differently.

Glad to see that others are feeling as hopeful as we are! For anyone who is extending their trip - have you asked ABD about making park pass reservations for the extra day(s)? We are staying a day extra, but as our tickets are through ABD, we obviously can't make a park pass reservation. I called today and was told that we'd hear more about logistics as it gets closer. Curious if others have heard differently.

My guess is that your ABD guides will be able to take care of park reservations as late as during your trip. They have that kind of power.

Thank you for asking this! We go in July and have extended our stay and was wondering the same thing!

My guess is that your ABD guides will be able to take care of park reservations as late as during your trip. They have that kind of power.
Speaking of ABD guide power, would they be who I should talk to about dining reservations for a post-trip night? My trip ends on a Friday but I'm sticking around for one more night to do Star Wars Night and then flying back the next day. I'd love to get a spot at Trader Sam's that evening.

Same question here! Hopefully ABD can arrange it.

Thank you for asking this! We go in July and have extended our stay and was wondering the same thing!
Same question here! Hopefully ABD can arrange it.
Not sure how the park tickets for this AbD will be managed, electronic or physical, but I’d suggest having the Disneyland app ready to go as electronic tickets are needed for park reservations. If you already have a Disney account for something like WDW, DCL, or Disney Movie Insiders, etc, , your same login and password will be used for the Disneyland app and website.

I’d also ask about the tickets and reservations for extra AbD park days when you first check in with your guides. In the almost a year since Disneyland has reopened, it has been rare for the Disney Hotel Guest park reservations bucket to fully book up but that does happen on occasin.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/av...egments=ticket,ph,ap,resort&defaultSegment=ap

Not sure how the park tickets for this AbD will be managed, electronic or physical, but I’d suggest having the Disneyland app ready to go as electronic tickets are needed for park reservations. If you already have a Disney account for something like WDW, DCL, or Disney Movie Insiders, etc, , your same login and password will be used for the Disneyland app and website.

I’d also ask about the tickets and reservations for extra AbD park days when you first check in with your guides. In the almost a year since Disneyland has reopened, it has been rare for the Disney Hotel Guest park reservations bucket to fully book up but that does happen on occasin.

Thank you for the tips! I am going on the podcast trip, and have never been to Disneyland. Does anyone know what time i can make these park reservations? I live in NH so I wasnt sure if it was my time EST, or Cali time?

Disneyland Park reservations can be made up to 120 days in advance for hotel guests, but you must have a ticket linked to your Disneyland account to do so. With the AbD adventures, I’d guess you won’t get the park tickets until checkin, in case of a late cancellation. So you may not be able to book a park reservation for the extra days until you get those tickets. Maybe AbD can clarify this now for you.

With Disneyland resort hotel+ticket packages, they don’t even issue the tickets until past the cancel date which is five days in advance. That’s likely one reason why we have a separate hotel guest reservation bucket, to help ensure (but not guarantee) reservation availability.

Disneyland Park reservations can be made up to 120 days in advance for hotel guests, but you must have a ticket linked to your Disneyland account to do so. With the AbD adventures, I’d guess you won’t get the park tickets until checkin, in case of a late cancellation. So you may not be able to book a park reservation for the extra days until you get those tickets. Maybe AbD can clarify this now for you.

With Disneyland resort hotel+ticket packages, they don’t even issue the tickets until past the cancel date which is five days in advance. That’s likely one reason why we have a separate hotel guest reservation bucket, to help ensure (but not guarantee) reservation availability.
I made my own reservation after, so i have the tickets and it says on the Disneyland app i can make reservations after the 12th, i just didnt know what time zone.. thanks or the help!

I made my own reservation after, so i have the tickets and it says on the Disneyland app i can make reservations after the 12th, i just didnt know what time zone.. thanks or the help!
Ok - re the time zone, I believe it it is midnight Pacific time each day that the bucket opens for the new day.

We're booked the 14th-17th. We're going in a day early, and asked if we could pick up our tickets on the 13th so we can use the fourth day on the tickets as we're flying out on the 17th. We were told no, they can't be picked up until the morning of the 14th.

Do we receive any further paperwork before the trip? I heard that ABD used to send out a box with a few travel items beforehand. Does anyone know if they are still doing that? If so, has anyone received theirs?

I am scheduled to go on the April 10th trip. I called ABD yesterday to see if they could confirm if the trip is going. The gal put me on hold to check with a manager. All she could say was that as of now the trip is going but they will let us know if there are any changes. They still would not confirm for certain. I asked if the trip would be confirmed one way or another at some point. She said yes. I asked when that would happen as my trip is 4 weeks away and the trip before mine is 3 weeks away (I have been speaking with someone on that earlier trip and I know it has not been confirmed yet either.) She said that she does not know when but that we will receive an email or phone call confirming the trip one way or another. I let her know that it is very difficult and frustrating to not have confirmation this close to the trip. I asked for an email to let management know and she said that she would let them know and would not give me an email. I was thinking that it was a good sign that it hasn’t been cancelled yet. But the more I think about it, someone in that company knows if this trip is going or not. If it’s going, why would they wait so long to confirm it with us? How does that benefit them? Or will they cancel the trip and are just holding on to our money as long as possible? I don’t know why I am even trying to understand this insanity. I keep telling myself to chill out, it’s out of my control, but it’s still frustrating none the less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter