• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

I am seriously considering doing the adults only version of this tour in May, but the dates overlap with grad nights. Has anyone does this tour on days with grad nights? How do grad nights impact the trip? Thanks to anyone who can help.

I am seriously considering doing the adults only version of this tour in May, but the dates overlap with grad nights. Has anyone does this tour on days with grad nights? How do grad nights impact the trip? Thanks to anyone who can help.
Did it this year and Thurs night was Grad Night at California Adventure. Didn’t notice anything crazy. We met as a group maybe 430, then dinner, then WOC reserved viewing so we weren’t trying to get on rides. We were too tried to try for any rides after WOC.

Two questions. 1) What time do you meet up the first evening?, and 2) I was considering going to the Academy museum. Is that something that we might do? I wouldn’t want to duplicate anything,

Thanks!

Two questions. 1) What time do you meet up the first evening?, and 2) I was considering going to the Academy museum. Is that something that we might do? I wouldn’t want to duplicate anything,

Thanks!
1. I've had both 5:30 and 6:30.
2. It is one of the first choices for a backup activity if one of the others isn't available, but not normally.

1. I've had both 5:30 and 6:30.
2. It is one of the first choices for a backup activity if one of the others isn't available, but not normally.

I just booked tickets for the museum so I really hope its not needed as a back up activity, but oh well.

Thanks! One other question, one the first day, are the guides available before when the group meets up?
I believe they drop a welcome letter in your hotel room (we were not in the room at the time, so I don't know if it was them, or hotel staff, but I assume staff). On the letter is their phone #s, so you can contact them if you wish.

I am pretty sure that on previous versions of the ABD, that they would have a meet up a few hours before the welcome dinner, but this year, we went to universal studios, so I am not sure if they had that. The previous meet up was very informal and was just to introduce yourselves.

Last edited:
Thanks! One other question, one the first day, are the guides available before when the group meets up?
They have a desk set up in the hotel from sometime in the morning until 3 pm the first day so you can check in. If you aren't around on the Sunday, they'll text you dinner info so you have their phone numbers and the meeting time.

I am pretty sure that on previous versions of the ABD, that they would have a meet up a few hours before the welcome dinner, but this year, we went to universal studios, so I am not sure if they had that. The previous meet up was very informal and was just to introduce yourselves.
It is standard (for all ABDs, to my knowledge) for the Adventure Guides to have a "meet & greet" table set up during the day, in the hotel somewhere, so that you can meet them prior to the ABD actually starting. You discuss any concerns/questions you have as far as activities or food restrictions, etc, and just in general get to know them. It's occurred at all 13 ABDs I've done so far, and, as I said, is a part of every ABD as far as I know.

If you are going to miss the meet & greet, you should let the Adventure Guides know ahead of time so that they can get the info for the welcome dinner (or in some cases, welcome breakfast) to you, and set up a time to discuss any issues you might want to discuss.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter