Southwest Ding - Specials on Wednesday!

Did anybody get anything worth writing home to Mother about?:confused3 That had to be the worst set of Dings I have ever wasted time looking at!!!

the only thing I got out of yesterday was a sore butt from sitting.

People just won't accept the fact that SW is no longer a low fare carrier. They have upped their prices and will continue to do so in the future. Even a ding is no guarantee of a great air fare. JMO

People just won't accept the fact that SW is no longer a low fare carrier. They have upped their prices and will continue to do so in the future. Even a ding is no guarantee of a great air fare. JMO

but I think my $94 fares are still pretty low these days. If I can get a lower Ding, great. If not, I'm satisfied. I was just commenting on the anticipation SW created for yesterday and whether or not it lived up to the hype for anyone.

Did anybody get anything worth writing home to Mother about?:confused3 That had to be the worst set of Dings I have ever wasted time looking at!!!

My dh got MCO to Pit for $64 or $74 dollars I can't remember which.

I don't know...
I guess it depends on where you're flying and when.

I rebooked a flight yesterday with one of the $37 Ding fares.
My cost is now $95 RT

I just did a search on side step for the same date/route and the lowest fare they could come up with on any other airline was $249 RT on US Air

SW's regular "wanna get away" rate is $149 RT

And I already had a SW Ding rate of $113 RT

Or I could always go with the $2,131 RT fare offered by Continental.
:lmao:

Plus I should rack up enough points with this flight to earn a RR Award that I can actually use.
(unlike the FF programs of some other airlines)

I'm thinking I'll still be checking SW anytime I want to book airfare.
:thumbsup2

That said, I agree that most of the Ding rates I got yesterday were nothing to get super excited about.
;)

Edited to add:
Plus, I don't need to worry about getting hit with extra charges for things like... oh, wanting to bring a suitcase, or for choosing a seat :rolleyes1
Of course I happen to be one of the folks who much prefers SW's open seating policy to the way other airlines do it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter