Southwest Flight Changed

Our DCA-MCO flights for early April were just changed. Our flight to MCO went from a non-stop evening flight to one with a stop in Nashville getting us to Orlando at 1am. I was able to change this to an earlier in the day non-stop. Our return flight moved about 90 minutes later but remained nonstop. I think it's really important if you get notification of a change to act on it ASAP before everyone else beats you to it.

As an update, I got an e-mail this morning that has now bumped our return flight from MCO to Nashville. It was originally 6:50P-7:55P nonstop and now it's at 10:05P-11:05P. So I guess I kinda sorta got that time back I lost on the morning of our arrival. But the least they could do is throw in early bird check-in or something lol

Our flight from PHL to MCO on April 9th was cancelled/changed - I was notified this am. Instead of a 9:35am direct flight that got us into MCO at 12:15 - we were rebooked on a flight from Philly to St Louis, St. Louis to Omaha, Omaha to Orlando (8:10 am to 4:20 pm). Um, no thanks. Trying to rebook now but options are dreadful. Southwest has dropped almost all nonstops from PHL to MCO - I don’t get it!

Ugh me too - 4/15 and this is the first time in a long time I booked SWA from Phil vs Baltimore as Phil is slightly closer and the times were better. I can change my departure without a fare increase but there is only one nonstop and I don't think my dd can make it work.

If I had stuck with Baltimore, I would have had plenty of choices. Waiting on dd to see if she can take the very early flight, if not I will call to see if they will work with me and change both legs to Baltimore.

I do appreciate that SWA sends advance notice and makes it easy to change and I have always had great customer service.

SW just changed my non stop on April 23 MCI-MCO....complete garbage -can't wait to race through ATL for a 55 minute connection with a 4 year old that I woke up at 5AM

SW just changed my non stop on April 23 MCI-MCO....complete garbage -can't wait to race through ATL for a 55 minute connection with a 4 year old that I woke up at 5AM
I think you can relax. SW (with possibly rare exception) is all in a single terminal at ATL. A 55 minute connection should be MORE than enough, even with the 4 year old. OR, change the flight to a different airport connection or a longer connection.

SWA changed both of our flights for 5/12 and 5/16. Luckily they did keep us on non-stop. I think we are going to change our outbound flight to leave earlier and have a full afternoon/evening at WDW, but keep the change for the return flight. It appears they combined the two n/s flights for the return into one n/s midway between the two. It really messes with my car rental though.

had been reading that the changes were normally happening about 60 days out. Ours is closer to 90. I hope they don't change again.

Thanks for the heads up! Just checked and Southwest changed our April flights as well. This happened our last few flights with them since the pandemic. I rebooked our return flight (keeping it nonstop since we are from PA) They had us leaving at 10:45 am and my original was 6:30pm. We would have lost most of that last day.

Just got notice this morning that they changed both our flights (5/28 & 6/4). They moved the 5/28 to later in the day so I went in and rebooked it for the AM - no longer have non-stop but at least we get to there in time to hit a park in the late afternoon. I'm glad they sent the email and I was able to change it.

My flights for 5/13 and 5/21 were both changed for the worst. Our 5/13 flight was pushed back 6 hours and our return flight moved up an hour. I canceled our flights and bought better timed tickets on Delta.

do you get a credit when a non-stop is changed to making a connection? Sure seems like less of a value if you have to change planes. Have not flown SW much anymore, used to be tons of non-stop from PVD, now very few and it's a longer drive than flying out of Boston for us.

do you get a credit when a non-stop is changed to making a connection? Sure seems like less of a value if you have to change planes. Have not flown SW much anymore, used to be tons of non-stop from PVD, now very few and it's a longer drive than flying out of Boston for us.
Doubt it. The contract you agree to says they can make pretty much any change to the schedule as long as it gets you between the two sites on the same day.

I wonder if SW is cutting back on their schedule. Less supply means you can charge more.

Of course not.

Check the current price. You could cancel and rebook if the price on your new flight is lower. but that just gives you $ on SW to spend later, not your money back.

Check the current price. You could cancel and rebook if the price on your new flight is lower. but that just gives you $ on SW to spend later, not your money back.
Actually, with thst large of a time difference, they have to refund the money upon request. Of course you will have to pay for the new flights before receiving the refund to guarantee the price.

Reactions: mhf
Four of mine have changed (I book almost everything as one-way flights). adjusted 3 to better times and keeping the change on the 4th which is actually better for grabbing transportation from the airport in Baltimore.

Southwest has changed my flights 2 times within the past week. Not typically a problem, but since Magical Express is no longer-I’ve had to readjust my booking with Sunshine Flyer once due to change in flight numbers. Will have to do so again, but I think I am going to wait until closer to our trip the end of April.

Being more dependable with their flights and times used to be a major positive flying Southwest. They're just a bad with late changes as any of the larger carriers now.

Southwest has now changed my non-stop flight two times in two weeks! The first time, it was pushed back 50 minutes, and now today, another 20 minutes later (leaving at 5:05 p.m. and arriving at 8.45 p.m.). Does anyone think it is possible SW could cancel this flight totally? Beginning to worry with all the revisions with over 2 1/2 months left before we depart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter