Spa question for Pete (who seemed to know)

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
DH and I are making our now every-6-month trip beginning 5/30. I'm thinking of spending an afternoon at Mandara Spa since we'll be staying close by at the Yacht Club. Don't know what I'll get; probably a massage and a facial.

But I'm new to the whole spa thing. Pete, did you mention that you can go into a spa way prior to your arrival, have a nice hot shower, enjoy the steam room before your treament?? Does all that cost extra on top of what you're already doing??

How exactly does this work? :confused3

DH and I are making our now every-6-month trip beginning 5/30. I'm thinking of spending an afternoon at Mandara Spa since we'll be staying close by at the Yacht Club. Don't know what I'll get; probably a massage and a facial.

But I'm new to the whole spa thing. Pete, did you mention that you can go into a spa way prior to your arrival, have a nice hot shower, enjoy the steam room before your treament?? Does all that cost extra on top of what you're already doing??

How exactly does this work? :confused3

at the spa at the Grand Floridian, if you have any spa service during the day, you have the use of the spa for the entire day - including the gym...
at least this is how it was the last time we were there (in november, DD and i had pedicures - mine was probably the best pedicure i've ever had - truly outstanding - my daughter's was also good, but not nearly the quality of mine - two different operators)..

anyway, getting back to the spa....
you can use the locker facilities, shower (and all the stuff in the shower/bathrooms- hair and body care products).
The jacuzzi and steam room and the gym...

of the disney spas, i've only been to the spas in the GF and saratoga springs...i prefer the GF....nice and small and quiet...

of course, my favorite spa in the world is canyon ranch in tucson, arizona, but that's a whole other level of heaven (and I HIGHLY recommend it)....i would live there if i didn't have another life here...
on the other hand, i can't stand the canyon ranch spa in orlando (at the gaylord palms).

I'll be at the Mandara in 8 days and 2 1/2 hours (but who's counting?) for a Lurlur Ritual and massage.

When I booked, I asked the girl what facilities they had, and she said steam showers, but I don't believe there's a whirlpool.

I am definitely going to go into the steam room and shower before my treatments, because I've found if you can get your skin really clean and pliable, and relax your muscles with heat, before treatments, it gives the therapists a leg up on helping you that much more.

There is a whirlpool at the Grand Floridian, but no steam. Frankly, for the kind of body treatments I like to get, I prefer steam showers over a whirlpool, to get ready.

I've had positive experiences at the Grand Floridian three times, but it's been over three years since I was there. In the meantime, I'm seeing negative reviews popping up for them, so that's why I decided to do the Mandara.

I would have booked at Canyon Ranch in the Gaylord, but I found it impossible to get adequate information from them on their facilities, services, and prices online, and I didn't feel like making a bunch of phone calls. They really need to improve their website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter