Special 5 night Bahamas 9/1/08 Are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcnewgirl

<font color=green>Williamsburg, VA<br><font color=
Info about our cruise, by Peter:

:cool1: :cool1: :thumbsup2
See page3 post 39

I know it is early but it would be great to know who is joining us. DH and I and my 2 kiddos are 4 and 1. I am so excited!!:goodvibes :goodvibes

We're booked for this one. It's me, DH, DD (will be 14 at the time) and DS (11 at time of sailing). I'm so excited. :cool1:

Booked 2 cabins... Cat 6. 6154 (accessible with a HUGE verandah) and a Cat 11 6145.
Me (37) DH (44) DD #1 (11 and disabled.. wheelchair, non-verbal) DD#2 (3.5) and DS (20 months) as well as our friend (31) who will do some evening sitting so DH & I can spend some time together!

Haven't done a DCL cruise since 2001 on Wonder!

ok... i booked this afternoon and they gave me late dining. This isn't gonna work for us... how can main dining be completely full ????

Hi all,

Do you mind telling me the price you are paying for this cruise??

Thanks

Cat 6. # 6154 - 1A 2C - $2643
Cat. 11 # 6145 - 2A 1 C - $1543
this includes insurance..... not transfers

tigger2on, it would not do early seating when I booked at 8:22 am. I do not think that the computer was working right. I would call when this madness dies down. There is no way it could have been booked at that time.:wizard:

LuvAriel mine was 1766. for myself, dh, dd4, ds11months.:goodvibes

ok... i booked this afternoon and they gave me late dining. This isn't gonna work for us... how can main dining be completely full ????

I wonder that myself. I couldn't believe that early seating wasn't available just a few hours after bookings were open. I'm going to call and ask to be placed on the waiting list for early dining. The late is just TOO late for us to eat. :sad2:

we will be given early dining with our medical form but I think it is nuts that they have no main dining. They automatically early waitlisted us and from what I have heard from previous cruises, that DCL does open more mian dining up and give families with young children priority for the early dining.
Let's face it... my 1 yr old will be in bed by 8pm and my 3 yr old around 9pm.
8:30pm isn't appropriate.

Hi Krisser! I'm coming! :banana: ( I'm the ops sister) After mulling pulling the kids from school for a few days, I decided to book her on this cruise. We also talked my parents into going. So, I'll be there with my husband and two children, Tim 15 and Caroline 10. First Disney Cruise and I'm excited!

Anyone else coming? I just realized my children will be 5 and almost 2 on this trip.. boy we have a wait!:crazy2: :beach:

Just wondering what staerooms you got and what deck you are all on??

We have cabins 6154 (a cat.6 accessible with a HUGE verandah... party anyone??) and 6149 ( cat 11. inside ).

Just wondering what staerooms you got and what deck you are all on??

We have cabins 6154 (a cat.6 accessible with a HUGE verandah... party anyone??) and 6149 ( cat 11. inside ).

I am up for a party. I am so excited.
:beach: :banana: :jumping1:
Myself and my family are all CAT12 GTY. So we will not know until last minute. We usually do GTY on all of our cruises and usually have great luck. We have gotten a lot of outside staterooms. I really do not care because I love dark naps during the day!::yes:: So as long as we are on the boat all will be great!:rainbow:

:thumbsup2 We're booked for the 5-night Bahamas cruise for 09/01/08, just DH and me. Yeah!:cool1: This will be our 2nd Disney cruise, but our 1st without the kids. My husband doesn't even know yet:rotfl2: but I will surprise him with it as an early birthday present. We even have a verandah room on deck 6. Thought we could splurge since it's just the two of us. Double Dip at Castaway Cay :cool2: AHHHHH - it's relaxing just thinking about it!

Although it will be a surprise for DH, unfortunately it won't be as big as a surprise as it was last October when we surprised our boys with the 7-night Western cruise and were able to get all the way into our stateroom before announcing the surprise that we were really going to stay on board and that our "tour" of the ship was going to last 7 days and not just the afternoon only. Oh yeah we got them good, and while we'll never be able to pull that off ever again, that surprise was priceless!:lmao:

We're thinking about it! I really want to do it, but my husband starts his new job in July (2007) so we won't really know till then when he can take his vacation time.

Also I'm guessing that my daughter will go back to school on 9/3 so not sure if we should make her miss the first 3 days or not. She'll only be 4.5yo and going back into the same preschool class she's in now and will be in next year, so it shouldn't be a huge deal, but she's a little shy so I'm not sure how she'd handle starting school on the 8th when everyone else has already been there for 3 days.

Odds are I'm going to get over that fear though and we'll be booking the trip and hoping my husband can take his vacation week then. We're sailing on 2/17 so we'll probably book then so we can get the onboard booking discount.

We're thinking about it! I really want to do it, but my husband starts his new job in July (2007) so we won't really know till then when he can take his vacation time.

Also I'm guessing that my daughter will go back to school on 9/3 so not sure if we should make her miss the first 3 days or not. She'll only be 4.5yo and going back into the same preschool class she's in now and will be in next year, so it shouldn't be a huge deal, but she's a little shy so I'm not sure how she'd handle starting school on the 8th when everyone else has already been there for 3 days.

Odds are I'm going to get over that fear though and we'll be booking the trip and hoping my husband can take his vacation week then. We're sailing on 2/17 so we'll probably book then so we can get the onboard booking discount.

Booking the cruise on board will save you some $$$. Good idea, I wished we could have done that back in October when we were on our cruise. I do hope you book the 5 night Bahamas cruise - other disboard members are fun to cruise with. Have a wonderful cruise this month!:cool2:

If any of you 5 night cruisers wanted to make it a 7 night vacation and add Disney Vero Beach, its only $140/night for a studio 9/1 and 9/2 with AAA. Labor Day weekend is in value season but books up and AAA discount will disappear closer in. We did one night there to get in vacation mode before 4 night Wonder cruise that left on Sunday last Labor Day weekend. FYI

:wave: :wave: :wave: I am going and I am beyond excited. My DH, DD will be 5, DS will be almost 2. My family is coming too. This is our 1st vacation together in a long time so we are going to have a great time. We have never been on DCL before but I am going in May on the wonder. It is going to be a long year and a half!:hourglass :sail:

Hi Everybody! :wave2: We're in this party! party:

We're a family of 5 - DS (14 when we cruise), DD (14 then), DS (12 then).

Don't know where we'll be yet. I booked connecting category 9s on deck 2 (we actually like that location), but I have connecting cat 8s on deck 7 on hold. :blush: :rolleyes1

Welcome Luv2Travel. I think we have a couple of threads going but Im hoping we will all get together so we can make it through the LONG wait:scared1: This is going to be so much fun!:cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter