"Special" Medal for doing 08 WDW & DL...

dsnyfan21

I'd rather be on Main Street in WDW!
At different times and different threads I heard about the special medal one could get for doing both the WDW Half or Full and then doing the DL Half in 08. One was they were only going to have so many, the other was they were going to mail them out, etc.
So, I emailed the people at the Disney Sports Endurance Department and here is the reply I got from Shannon Abeyta:

Hi Tracy,
I'm afraid you are hearing a lot of rumors. Here is the deal.....if you
are registered for the Disneyland Half Marathon and you finished the
Walt Disney World Marathon or Half Marathon this year (2008), you are
entitled to an additional medal. You do you not have to do a thing. We
will automatically know you completed the World race and are registered
for the Disneyland Half Marathon. We utilize the same registration
system and database on both coasts. You'll receive a wristband when you
pick up your packed that you must wear until you finish. After you
finish, you'll receive the special medal. We won't be mailing them out.

Also, there is no limit. The special medal will be given to everyone who
completes the WDW Marathon or Half Marathon and the Disneyland Half
Marathon this year.

Thanks!

Shannon
Disney's Wide World of Sports at the Disneyland Resort

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:wdw.sports.marathon.endurance@disneysports.com]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 7:48 AM
To: Abeyta, Shannon
Subject: Re: Marathon Endurance

I hope this clears it up for everyone.
Have a great one and I'll be signing up soon to do the DL Half as soon as I get my tax return!!!!!:woohoo:
Tracy

Hi Tracy!:wave2:

Thanks for the info. I keep hoping they will say what the medal is online but that might just be too much for me to handle LOL I would love to do DL again and get the special 3rd medal. *sigh* Why won't the airfare come down? *sniffle*

Are you going to go?

Happy training!!!!

Ooh this makes me want to book DL right now!! I wonder what the medal could be??

Becky

I really want to go, but am waiting for my Tax return money and then see about airfare out to Cali. I wouldn't need to book a hotel because my Aunt lives 20min from Disneyland and I could hang with her. Right now I am about 80% percent going to go.

Tracy

It's a dream of mine to do the DL half as well as the DW half in the same year. I'm hoping my boyfriend's powerball ticket hits so we can!

Diane and others - airfare will get cheaper in time. It's too far out for the good deals.

We already have several WISHers going - I need to pull up the "Who's going thread". I would LOVE to add all of your names to the list. :teeth: :thumbsup2

Here is a a picture of the medal from someone that posted on my forum and I added to my website.

It will be really cool to have one:banana: . Everyone better keep up the training and hope for cool weather:)

disneycoasttocoastmedal.jpg

Thanks for sharing Robert!

DLHMEmailHeaderParticipants2008.jpg

Special Edition
DISNEY'S COAST TO COAST RACE CHALLENGE

Congratulations JEFF! By finishing the 2008 Walt Disney World® Marathon or Half Marathon and signing up to run the 2008 Disneyland® Half Marathon, you are confirmed to be eligible for Disney's Coast to Coast Race Challenge. Following is important information on how to obtain your special medal upon successfully completing the 2008 Disneyland® Half Marathon.
When picking up your race number and packet at the Disneyland® Health & Fitness Expo, you will receive a wristband that you must wear until you finish the Disneyland® Half Marathon. After you cross the finish line you will receive your half marathon finisher medal and then you will exchange your wristband for your special Disney’s Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal. Volunteers will be on hand to help direct you.

Thank you for taking on Disney's Coast to Coast Race Challenge! We look forward to seeing you at the finish line where your special medal awaits! For a sneak peak at the medal, stop by the Disneyland® Half Marathon booth at the Expo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter