Splash Mountain question

Trisa

Earning My Ears
How wet do you get? Im not riding it but my
ds and dh will and I was wondering if we are talking
SOAKED! Do your shoes get very wet? If so maybe taking
water shoes to change into is a good idea? I thought of just taking socks but what good would that do if your shoes are soaked? Don't wanna hear ds moan all day about wet shoes!:rolleyes:

DH and DS12 in front. Soaked hair and shirt, and some on jeans but not socks/shoes. Myself and DS7 in second seat behind them, ditto.

Don't think we have ever come off with our shoes soaked through. Can't think were we put our feet but I guess there must be a certain amount of water sloshing around in the bottom of the boat - just a thought.

You can get pretty wet in the front, and not so much in the back. The first time my 3yo rode she got wet, and was not happy about it. The second time we put her in a poncho, and she was fine.

We wear Tevas at MK anyway, so we don't have to worry about them getting wet.

DON'T miss this ride just because you're concerned about getting wet. Just put on a poncho and go! And the drop is over before you know it, so don't let that scare you, either. The ride inside is so cool that you shouldn't skip it!

Thanks guys! I never even thought of the pocho thing.
I was just going to skip it and take 21 month ols to see tiki room
or country bears while they do that. We only have 1 day at MK
and i want her to see some of the stuff my 9 year old could care less about.

IMHO, your little one would probably enjoy playing at the Laughing Place (the little play area outside Splash Mountain) much more than the Tiki Room or the Country Bears. And if you baby swap on that ride, your big kid will get to ride twice in a row!

Go for it, Trisa! And buy the picture to prove it! :)

Ok you have me almost talked into this!!!
Im a wimp on water rides. I like to swim mind you.
everyone does say its really fun.

If you go in the summer (is there winter in Orlando???) you will WELCOME the cool water so much you will probably be seen standing on the bridge waiting to get wet from the boats when they come down the flume! The kids LOVE that!

Have a great trip!:wave:

How wet you'll get depends on how much weight is in the log, and where it is positioned. The heavier the front of the log, the deeper it hits the water at the bottom of the big drop. My family has never gotten soaked on this ride, except for my Mom, who got drenched (but not her feet, mostly her torso). But my Mom is the one who gets drenched on all the water rides, especially Kali River Rapids :o It's a big family joke now, about how wet Grammy gets! :)

Even during the hot summer months, I don't like to get wet and then walk around the parks sloshing around. This being said, I love Splash Mountain! The people in the front of the log get quite a bit wetter than the others. I try to sit in the middle on the left. I read in one of the books that you do not get as wet in this area. I have never been soaked. The visuals for this ride is really spectacular. Even I would consider getting drenched for this ride. You can always wear a poncho, or consider bringing extra clothes. These can be left in a bag secured in a locker for just in case. I do know that my shoes never got wet. This is definely not the case of Kali River Rapids at AK. I should have brought the soap and shampoo!

If you sit in the front or on the right side you will get wetter than elsewhere in the log - but the ride is so great with a fun story that the wet really does not matter.

By the way, the right side thing is at the end as you loop back around in case another log comes down at the right time the right side of your log will get wetter.

Good luck with the ride

DH (me), rode 4 times during last trip - could not get enough of it and it was great hearing my young (stranger) seatmates on two of the trips explain the story to me in their own words

Going back in May and watching to see if DS breaks 40" high

Thanks
Jason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter