Splash Mountain to become Princess and the Frog ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I can't get into his mind but he might be loving the opportunity to go bad and redo/improve on the ride and utilize the latest technology, etc

Having watched a tour of Disneyland Paris he gave (which he designed) he really seemed to try to learn what worked and what didn't from the prior castle parks and make DLP the best version of those parks ... So I am thinking he could apply that here too - "we now get to make this the best version of that attraction!"
Yes just think of the techniques and technology that was used for Navi River Journey and how that could be applied or advanced on possible bayou scenes and such on the ride. Will be interesting to see where they take this.

Hey guys. This is a done deal right? Like it or not the heartbreak will have to end so i will ATTEMPT to steer this thread to the positive. This may not work but I'm tired of the last 73 pages. Maybe let's talk about what we would like to see incorporated like MaxRebo just stated. Maybe some of the characters taken to the Shaman level?

I feel like Disney does that a lot though (shoehorn IP into an existing ride track). I'm sure it's for cost-cutting measures. I feel like they certainly did it for FEA. Every time I'm on that ride I think about how it makes no sense that our boats are going backwards and I think to myself "you'll disappear!" and chuckle a little bit. I think they did their best though (it's quite climactic with the music!) and I'm pretty confident they will figure something out to make the drop make sense. They are pretty masterful storytellers after all.

Yes, they totally did that with FEA. And it was bad enough to do it to Maelstrom, but Splash is an iconic headliner attraction. I really hope they get this right.

Hey guys. This is a done deal right? Like it or not the heartbreak will have to end so i will ATTEMPT to steer this thread to the positive. This may not work but I'm tired of the last 73 pages. Maybe let's talk about what we would like to see incorporated like MaxRebo just stated. Maybe some of the characters taken to the Shaman level?

Thinking of that animatronic specifically, something like that of Dr. Facilier would be cool

Something mixing practical effects and projections for all the fireflies for the "goin' down the bayou" would be neat too

Yes it's a done deal.

Are there any ideas on timing for this? (Sorry...lazy and don’t want to go through 73 pages)
Nothing official. Since they haven’t announced any timeline and all we have are a couple pieces of concept art, I would guess that it’ll be starting no sooner than this winter and possibly as late as winter 2022.

I read as many of these posts as I could handle. Wow, so many people are making everything about race and having conversations with small kids about how awful racism seems crazy! In our house we had black friends and gay friends and I never had any talk with my child about how they were different, because in my house they weren't. My son is well adjusted and has many friends. is active in his church and he and his gf cook for the homeless once a month. I'm starting to realize the people who enjoy Splash Mountain are the ones who aren't looking to be offended over everything and just enjoy a really wonderful ride for what it is.

I’m able to enjoy Splash Mountain as a fun ride and also recognize the movie upon which it is based is highly problematic and offensive to some people. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Are there any ideas on timing for this? (Sorry...lazy and don’t want to go through 73 pages)

We don't know - but we do know it is going to reopen as-is when the parks reopen - my guess is they won't have had it closed for a while just to reopen it and then reclose it a few months later so I would think they don't start this until after the 50th, but just a guess

I am excited.....
to see Tiana in a ride!
to see LOUIS in a ride!
To ride the ride.
To celebrate Mardi Gras.
To feel like things are moving forward in the world while I'm riding the ride. What an amazing feeling/moment to have tied to a place I love.
To form new memories.
To buy awesome new merch. THAT MERCH IS GOING TO BE GREAT!
To share what the ride was like to my friends at home who haven't experienced it yet and get them excited.
To also share the story of Leah Chase.
To have great conversations..sparked from a theme park ride!
To hopefully fully enjoy WDW again one day.
I can't wait for the ride.

What are you looking forward to about the new Princess and the Frog ride?

Last edited:
I am excited.....
to see Tiana in a ride!
to see LOUIS in a ride!
To ride the ride.
To celebrate Mardi Gras.
To feel like things are moving forward in the world while I'm riding the ride. What an amazing thing to have that tied to a place I love.
To form new memories.
To share what the ride was like to my friends at home who haven't experienced it yet and get them excited.

Me too. I love splash but look forward to what is to come.

I am excited.....
to see Tiana in a ride!
to see LOUIS in a ride!
To ride the ride.
To celebrate Mardi Gras.
To feel like things are moving forward in the world while I'm riding the ride. What an amazing thing to have that tied to a place I love.
To form new memories.

The music! I’m telling myself not to get too excited about a restaurant because even if it happens, the chances of Disney getting gumbo right are super low.

I am excited.....
to see Tiana in a ride!
to see LOUIS in a ride!
To ride the ride.
To celebrate Mardi Gras.
To feel like things are moving forward in the world while I'm riding the ride. What an amazing feeling/moment to have tied to a place I love.
To form new memories.

Y’all’s lists have been GREAT! I hope they pay homage to the little critter (I don’t remember what kind of animal it is) that comes out of the ceiling and yells ”FSU” by putting in one that yells “LSU” instead. :laughing:

The music! I’m telling myself not to get too excited about a restaurant because even if it happens, the chances of Disney getting gumbo right are super low.

I'm so happy I might get to hear Almost There during the line because most appropriate waiting music ever!

Also the food potential is there, I'm praying they pull it off. Just give me some red beans and rice. Easy vegetarian meal for Disney to market!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter