• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split Stay - Help Me, I have no idea what I'm doing

tori.bh3

Mouseketeer
Okay. This may be a really simple question. I'm venturing out into different ways of booking Disney vacations.

DH and I are going to WDW in November. I'm a teacher and have a week off of school for Thanksgiving (are we crazy for going at the beginning of this week?). Here is what I would like to do:

Saturday - Monday I would like to rent DVC points and stay in a Boardwalk studio. DH would fly back Monday.

Monday - Wednesday - I would like to transfer to Pop.

I don't want a dining plan. I'm just not positive on how to buy tickets.

My only contribution here is to suggest that a standard view studio in Nov at Board Walk may already be impossible to get. Two years ago our DVC gal called as soon as the window opened 11 months out and those rooms were gone, we had to bump up to a Pool/Garden view room. Naturally we got spoiled so since then we book that type of room. We did a 3 way split in 2005, 3 at Swan, 2 at All Star Sport and 3 at Dolphin. Going from a Deluxe to a Value sucks.

Bill From PA

My only contribution here is to suggest that a standard view studio in Nov at Board Walk may already be impossible to get. Two years ago our DVC gal called as soon as the window opened 11 months out and those rooms were gone, we had to bump up to a Pool/Garden view room. Naturally we got spoiled so since then we book that type of room. We did a 3 way split in 2005, 3 at Swan, 2 at All Star Sport and 3 at Dolphin. Going from a Deluxe to a Value sucks.

Bill From PA

Yeah, that is what I am a little worried about! I want the nice accommodations when my husband is here. After he leaves, I'll go commando for two days. I just need somewhere to sleep and shower! I can imagine it will be a hard transition.

I have a triple split starting thanksgiving and extending to the following week, I just booked all the rooms I needed then called and told them what was going on.
res.1 = 2 night room only 11/22 - 11/24. Res.2 = 5 night free dining package with 9 days of tickets 11/24 - 11/29. Res.3 = 2 nights room only 11/29 - 12/1. 9 nights total.

1st 2 reservations are standard view, last res. is preferred pool view... thought we were going to have to move to an all star resort for the last two nights but kept trying and finally got the 3rd res. room at pop.
not sure if how they will handle the difference in room for the last res.?? I'll move to a better room or I will use my grandchildren to charm them into upgrading to preferred pool view for the whole trip?

Thats what they did last year, after checking in, we went to the front desk and asked if we could pay to upgrade to a pool view and they did it for no charge. this was AFTER we went in the 1st room, meaning they had to have room service go through it again because we had gone in the room.

pop

Okay. This may be a really simple question. I'm venturing out into different ways of booking Disney vacations.

DH and I are going to WDW in November. I'm a teacher and have a week off of school for Thanksgiving (are we crazy for going at the beginning of this week?). Here is what I would like to do:

Saturday - Monday I would like to rent DVC points and stay in a Boardwalk studio. DH would fly back Monday.

Monday - Wednesday - I would like to transfer to Pop.

I don't want a dining plan. I'm just not positive on how to buy tickets.
I wouldn't plan on renting a DVC studio at any resort. We are well into the 7-month window where members can book at non-home resorts. You're looking at an exceptionally popular time for DVC. I can pretty much assure you that there is no availability for your dates at this point.

I wouldn't plan on renting a DVC studio at any resort. We are well into the 7-month window where members can book at non-home resorts. You're looking at an exceptionally popular time for DVC. I can pretty much assure you that there is no availability for your dates at this point.

Figured as much! I'm going to see availability this afternoon. If not, I'll probably stay at Pop the whole time.

Figured as much! I'm going to see availability this afternoon. If not, I'll probably stay at Pop the whole time.
I can see availability now because I'm an owner. There's nothing for your dates.

Darn. That was so kind of you to look! Thank you so much for your time. :upsidedow
You're just a little too late for DVC during that time period. Owners can book their home resort as early as 11 months in advance and they often do when it comes to the period between mid-Sept. and Marathon Weekend in January. By the time the 7-month booking window for non-home resorts rolls around, only scattered nights here and there are available at the smaller resorts like BCV and VGF. By 6 months out, there are very few if any studios available for any night.

If you were looking for a 1-bedroom villa, there might be a little hope for OKW or SSR. But that would cost about double the price of a studio.

Book the room(s) separate from the tickets rather than buying a package. Room only reservation for two days, two people at the first resort, room only reservation for one person for two days at the second resort. Buy yourself 4 or 5 day tickets, buy 2 or 3 day tickets for your husband. It's not a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter