Split Stay - Old Key West and AoA

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
We have never done a split stay before and considering one between OKW and AoA in July? Please tell me what I need to know about this?

The good thing is that Disney will transfer luggage for you so you can have them pick it up, leave for the day and then return to the new resort in the evening. The only caveat is if you have refrigerated items. Those you need to transfer yourself. The biggest downside is not having a resort to go back to if you want to take a midday break. If you do AOA second you may be able to get your room earlier, but DVC rooms are rarely available before 4 pm so if you do OKW second, plan accordingly. Also, if you're doing dining reservations, you'll have two different booking windows so it could complicate things if you're trying to get a hard to get reservation. Personally, I like getting to explore different resorts so I enjoy split stays, especially if it's a more low key trip where I'll have down time to spend time there. Packing cubes are also great to make for an easier transition.

As I said this is a new possibility for me - but one that could save $'s so I'm trying to work it out.
I didn't think about the dining reservations - the 60 day window is tied to a resort stay. If I book through Interval will that still show up with WDW and allow me to make those dining reservations? Also, tickets how would I need to purchase them? Of course it would be easier if my AoA reservation was first, but not sure the dates will work for that. Thank you.

If I book through Interval will that still show up with WDW and allow me to make those dining reservations?
Yes. All onsite reservations get a confirmation number that can be linked into MDE.

IMG_0752.jpeg

Hover over Resort Hotel and click ‘Link Reservation’.

If I book through Interval will that still show up with WDW and allow me to make those dining reservations?
Yes, you can link the reservation to MDE. But when your 60 day window opens you'll only be able to make reservations up to and including the last day of your first split. Then you'll have another 60 day window that opens the day you are 60 days from your second hotel stay and that's when you make reservations for the rest of the trip.

I answered your post in another thread - in short, you'll have to call DVC to get the confirmation number to link to MDE, and you'll have to buy tickets for the DVC portion because it's a "room-only" reservation, not a package. You can buy the tickets from Disney (use discounted Disney gift cards if you can) or from one of the authorized resellers to get a discount.

I answered your post in another thread - in short, you'll have to call DVC to get the confirmation number to link to MDE, and you'll have to buy tickets for the DVC portion because it's a "room-only" reservation, not a package. You can buy the tickets from Disney (use discounted Disney gift cards if you can) or from one of the authorized resellers to get a discount.
I'm not booking through DVC but Interval - does that matter?

I'm not booking through DVC but Interval - does that matter?
No, it doesn't matter. In my response to your other post I explained how an II exchange works - when you get the confirmation from II, there will be a DVC phone number to call to get your Disney confirmation number. You'll need to wait a few days or a week before you call, to give II time to send the information to DVC, and when you talk to them you'll need to give them names, ages, etc. of everyone staying in, just as you do for your AoA reservation. You'll link that Disney confirmation number to your MDE through the Link a Reservation function that Genie+ shows above.

Thank you. Just want to make sure I don't miss any steps and end up sleeping on a park bench or standing in the never ending Guest Service line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter