spring 2009

I wanted to wait till school started too...I always figured in-person interviews would be better...in some ways I still think it is...lol. But I don't know, I don't think I can wait! What do you guys think? Should I apply now and be the "early bird" or should I wait? They'll be on campus Sept 22nd...:confused3

I might just take my impulsiveness and apply now haha.

That would be up to you. It's not a bad thing to do the online presentation. But Sept 22 is pretty early, compared to some of the other presentations.

I just filled out the application and plan on calling casting tomorrow. I cant wait to find out if im in. The sooner the better, one less thing to worry about this fall.

I put my application in last night, called this morning to schedule an interview. My interview is at 1:45 on Monday with Rhonda I believe, I'm pretty excited I'm not too nervous but that might change by Monday. I hope all goes well!!!!!:thumbsup2

I've been lurking around on the boards pretty much all summer and cannot wait to apply for Spring 09! I'm not sure if I should just apply now or wait till they come to my school-they'll be there Oct. 8 & 9-so it's not too late but I feel like I've been waiting sooo long already since I've been looking forward to it so much!! Plus, if I do wait to apply in Oct. I won't know anything probably until the end of the month at least, maybe later and I definitely want to know ASAP. Agghh, I can't wait!!!

I've been lurking around on the boards pretty much all summer and cannot wait to apply for Spring 09! I'm not sure if I should just apply now or wait till they come to my school-they'll be there Oct. 8 & 9-so it's not too late but I feel like I've been waiting sooo long already since I've been looking forward to it so much!! Plus, if I do wait to apply in Oct. I won't know anything probably until the end of the month at least, maybe later and I definitely want to know ASAP. Agghh, I can't wait!!!

If it were me, I would apply NOW! You can still go to the presentation if you want to, but there is NO way I would be able to just wait until October well knowing the apps are up now. Nope. No. Way. :)

Good luck!!

If it were me, I would apply NOW! You can still go to the presentation if you want to, but there is NO way I would be able to just wait until October well knowing the apps are up now. Nope. No. Way. :)

Good luck!!

I don't know if this is the case but I wanted to get it in as early as possible because I figured it MAY speed up the response time from them, if I was in the first batch of applicants. I don't know if it will, but hey having your app in early can't hurt either.

From experience, DO NOT WAIT to apply. If they are not going to be at your school until the end of the fall... APPLY NOW! This program has gotten so popular and sometimes they fill up. Don't wait... apply ASAP!

My phone interview is with Wendy at 8:30pm Monday night. Wish me luck!

Oh by the way...to anyone to had merchandise...how do you answer the question "What do you do in the even that a guest wants an item and you are no longer in stock"? I'd say that you can order it and have it shipped to your house (although I don't know if they do this?) or you can check any other one of the many Disney World retail stores. Does that sound good??

So on the application where you have to put your school start date and expected graduation date...it isn't allowing me to put in the year...thus I cannot continue. Am I screwed? lol...because right now I feel that way.

My phone interview is with Wendy at 8:30pm Monday night. Wish me luck!

Oh by the way...to anyone to had merchandise...how do you answer the question "What do you do in the even that a guest wants an item and you are no longer in stock"? I'd say that you can order it and have it shipped to your house (although I don't know if they do this?) or you can check any other one of the many Disney World retail stores. Does that sound good??

Since one of the roles im applying for is merch, too, I'm expecting this question as well.

My answer was going to be pretty similar to yours. I was going to say that unfortenetly we dont seem to have them in stock at the moment but i could do a couple different things:
a. check and see the next time we will begetting them in stock and if it's within the guest's stay, we can take down their payment form and ship it to their hotel for them.

b. check and see if another store in the park/area has that item and see if they can ship it to their room/hold it for guest so they can pick it up.

c. ask if we can ship it to their home when such item becomes available

d. read guests body language to see if there is another similar item we may suggest (last option of course, if all else fails).

oh, and good luck with your interview:)

So on the application where you have to put your school start date and expected graduation date...it isn't allowing me to put in the year...thus I cannot continue. Am I screwed? lol...because right now I feel that way.

You need to use Internet Explorer. When I first applied, I ran into a similar issue.

I wonder why the DLR CP isnt allowing me to apply yet. It says I need to come back in September.

DLR's program basically just shares the "Disney College Program" name. There are some similarities, but TONS of differences when you get down into the details.

their application and interview process is different with a whole "web based" interview thing added into the mix.

You need to use Internet Explorer. When I first applied, I ran into a similar issue.

I am using Internet Explorer. It finally got working! I was so happy. lol. Now I just have to schedule an interview. I called after the E-Presentation but my information hadn't been processed yet. lol. I feel like a little kid in a candy store!! :upsidedow

I am using Internet Explorer. It finally got working! I was so happy. lol. Now I just have to schedule an interview. I called after the E-Presentation but my information hadn't been processed yet. lol. I feel like a little kid in a candy store!! :upsidedow

Good luck!!:thumbsup2

I just applied! I'm really nervous! Since I have to do the interview over the phone i'm assuming they're going to ask me what order my roles are...

I hope my answers aren't stupid! XD

On the application online it asked me for a temporary address, i'm assuming that's for people living on campus. Since i'm living at home I just put my home address again. I hope that was right!

I just applied! I'm really nervous! Since I have to do the interview over the phone i'm assuming they're going to ask me what order my roles are...

I hope my answers aren't stupid! XD

On the application online it asked me for a temporary address, i'm assuming that's for people living on campus. Since i'm living at home I just put my home address again. I hope that was right!

Ooo, good luck!!:thumbsup2

Yes, that is correct.:)

So i've been thinking NON stop about this since i found out applications were online... as if it's been any different before applications came online, but that's besides the point... lol.

Anyway, my interview is monday morning, as I've pointed out and I know they call your school to verify... but my school (no matter who you call) is very selective in any information they give out to people regarding academic standings and regarding who is enrolled part/fulltime. That, and they like never answer a phone /get back to whomever called.

Oh, and not to mention... is anti CP:scared1:

needless to say, i'm REALLY hoping the dont screw everything up for me.

Will Disney hold that against me if my school wont tell them anything about me... cuz i've basically told EVERYONE i can think of to tell them any and all information that they need, but somehow, I don't think they will.

I did meet with the guy incharge of hospitality internships at my school and ironically, he is the only person that is FOR this opportunity. Should I tell my interviewer to call him, because he said he would gladly verify any information.

suggestions? I'm mighty worried.

So i've been thinking NON stop about this since i found out applications were online... as if it's been any different before applications came online, but that's besides the point... lol.

Anyway, my interview is monday morning, as I've pointed out and I know they call your school to verify... but my school (no matter who you call) is very selective in any information they give out to people regarding academic standings and regarding who is enrolled part/fulltime. That, and they like never answer a phone /get back to whomever called.

Oh, and not to mention... is anti CP:scared1:

needless to say, i'm REALLY hoping the dont screw everything up for me.

Will Disney hold that against me if my school wont tell them anything about me... cuz i've basically told EVERYONE i can think of to tell them any and all information that they need, but somehow, I don't think they will.

I did meet with the guy incharge of hospitality internships at my school and ironically, he is the only person that is FOR this opportunity. Should I tell my interviewer to call him, because he said he would gladly verify any information.

suggestions? I'm mighty worried.

I was strolling through the CP website last night to make sure I had all the correct paperwork together, and somewhere on there it says in order for your college to be on the list of schools it had to be partnered with disney at one point, or at least one other student from your school at one point in time participated in it. If that's the case I wouldn't sweat it too much, plus I believe they can run your social in order to prove your a student (alot of academic discount sites work this way). On top of that Disney has been doing this for years so I'm sure they know which department they have to ask for at the school. So I wouldn't worry too much, you'll more than likely be fine :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter