Spring 2011 Professional Internships

I got rid of the program of IP ... if you do not get this time is a joke ... I am too qualified for ... I did well my phone interview ... and know everything about the company .... If anything they are overqualified.

Yesterday I received my rejection email for Entertainment Management. I'm bummed but I know that God has other plans for me in the Spring. I'll probably apply again after I graduate. From what I've heard several people got rejected from different MIs yesterday. Congratulations and good luck to those who are moving on in the process or who have been offered a role. Come visit me at Living with the Land sometime! haha.

Yesterday I received my rejection email for Entertainment Management. I'm bummed but I know that God has other plans for me in the Spring. I'll probably apply again after I graduate. From what I've heard several people got rejected from different MIs yesterday. Congratulations and good luck to those who are moving on in the process or who have been offered a role. Come visit me at Living with the Land sometime! haha.

I got my rejection yesterday too, Lexi. :(
I'm still planning on staying down here though. I've already talked to my managers about going seasonal at Idol while I figure out where exactly I want to work. I'm looking into character attendant, as I want to get my foot in the door of Entertainment, and I'm by no means a character performer, lol.

Got my acceptance for Youth Events on Monday!:banana: The original email said that interns would be housed in Cumberland Park Apts., but I just got another one saying that it would be Patterson Court???? Does anyone know why that is???

Thanks!

Are there any current or former interns with some advice on where to live around WDW? I have 2 cats and a daughter, so no Disney housing for me. I need a 3 bedroom in a safe area that I can afford on an intern's salary. Any help is appreciated! :)

Are there any current or former interns with some advice on where to live around WDW? I have 2 cats and a daughter, so no Disney housing for me. I need a 3 bedroom in a safe area that I can afford on an intern's salary. Any help is appreciated! :)

My DDs lived in Cagan Crossings in Clermont. It was nice and not too pricey.

I'm currently looking in to a bunch of apartments to move into after my CP ends.
Camden, Integra Meadows, Cagan Crossings, and Falcon Square all give disney discounts, and aren't too bad price-wise.

Well its been 4 weeks with no reply for my engineering PI. No phone call, no emails, nothing yet :confused3 . I'm debating calling up HR department to see if everything went in okay either that or I just relax and wait and see whats going to happen. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience in the past and still managed to get a position. Just curious heh... other than that good luck to everyone else :) and I wish you all the best.

Well its been 4 weeks with no reply for my engineering PI. No phone call, no emails, nothing yet :confused3 . I'm debating calling up HR department to see if everything went in okay either that or I just relax and wait and see whats going to happen. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience in the past and still managed to get a position. Just curious heh... other than that good luck to everyone else :) and I wish you all the best.

I was just offered an Engineering PI yesterday. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. The very first time that I heard anything from Disney was 1 week ago. Before that I had never gotten any email or phone call or anything. I had 1 interview last thursday and then a 2nd one this past monday and they offered it to me yesterday. During the interview monday he had told me that they were going to have their decisions made in the next 3 weeks, so you definitely still have time! From the very first time they contacted me to when they offered it to me was less than a week.

I'd definitely say no news is good news right now. I've also heard stories of people being offered positions weeks before the starting date. Good luck!

I got my rejection yesterday too, Lexi. :(
I'm still planning on staying down here though. I've already talked to my managers about going seasonal at Idol while I figure out where exactly I want to work. I'm looking into character attendant, as I want to get my foot in the door of Entertainment, and I'm by no means a character performer, lol.

Hey Laura,

Total bummer I know! I'll probably eventually try to get into Entertainment too. I'm seasonal now so I'll probably put in for a transfer in the summer. I'd certainly miss attractions though. Good luck as you try to figure everything out. Maybe one day we'll see each other in the Entertainment department! :)

P.S. Weird I know, but I think you know my friend Rachel Keilman from Idol. Disney really has less than 6 degrees of separation. No lie. :P

I definitely hope to be at the spring 11 CP. My interview is in like 2 hours. Gah!

Does anyone know where the Imagineering-Creative Entertainment office is? I'm going to be working there in January and I'm curious if it's inside one of the parks or somewhere else.
Thanks in advance!

I was just accepted for Guest Relations!!! I don't know where I'll be placed, but I accepted it on the spot because I've dreamed of working in GR for a long time!

Does anyone have info on a thread or facebook group for finding roomates in Disney housing during the Spring 2011 internships?

Thanks!
~ Leslie

I was just accepted for Guest Relations!!! I don't know where I'll be placed, but I accepted it on the spot because I've dreamed of working in GR for a long time!

Congrats! I got Guest Relations too!! :) Cant wait to find out what park we got!

Does anyone have info on a thread or facebook group for finding roomates in Disney housing during the Spring 2011 internships?

Thanks!
~ Leslie

For Fall 2010 PI Disney went with a new housing option for PI's. It's called Cumberland Park Apartments. It's a very nice apartment complex, but living arrangements end up being like CP (2 people per bedroom). Also when we checked into housing we were not allowed to pick roommates, they had put us with roommates before hand. So I'm not sure if that's something that might change for Spring 2011.

I won't be going with Disney housing this time around because it's just too many girls in a very confined space, and I did pay more in rent that other professional interns that found their own apartments in the area. If you're new to the area though, it's really good to have that many PI's around though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter