Spring Advantage 2013?

Hey guys! My name is Kat, and I've applied for the 2013 Spring Advantage! My phone interview is on Tuesday, and my top roles are Vacation Planner, Concierge (not likely to get...haha), Photopass, and FSFB. Anyone ever done Vacation Planner before? I really want it... but I feel like it's one kinda like concierge, where there's not really that many spots to fill for it... but I'll be happy with anything of course! :hyper:

I didn't get pended, but i have a question: why would people get pended? what is so bad about being pended? if you were pended in the past, what roles/location did you apply for?

disneyjazz 1928 said:
I didn't get pended, but i have a question: why would people get pended? what is so bad about being pended? if you were pended in the past, what roles/location did you apply for?

This was my first time applying, but being pended is like being on a waiting list so its a longer wait and you could be waiting very long just to get rejected. I assume people would be pended because they still aren't sure if you fit in anywhere or they are going to see if something they know you would be good at would open up.

Hiya guys and gals ! Just applied for the Spring 2013 CP :D
I was wondering, how long did you have to wait for your phone interviews? I went to schedule it, and the only one was 11 days away, 10 from today. I'm super nervous, and I really would love this oppertunity. Any tips for phone interviews?:wizard:
I put different choices for the roles, but I really want:
1. Attractions
2. Full food service
3. Character attendant

Eep ! So excited :cool1:

I got pended last time and waited about 6 weeks after I received the "pended" email (if I remember right) until I got rejected (I interviewed around January 24th and got the rejection email on April 18th). I applied for Disneyland in the hospitality roles (Disney Desk, Front Desk and Guest Services). What I was told was that they are still considering you strongly when you are placed on the wait list but haven't found the right spot. Does anyone else have more information?

so this may be a silly question but i keep of people being denied after they have been pended has anyone ever just been flat out rejected without being pended after waiting for more than 2 weeks ?

Well I just got off the phone with Becca, and my interview was 25 minutes long and it went really well I think! I asked her some questions and she was so nice, and I think I understand about smiling on the phone because I could definitely tell she was smiling the whole time!:-)

Now for the two week wait. I think I'm gonna die!

I was accepted for main entrance operations spring advantage this morning!!! Anyone else get accepted for this role??

Oh I have a question or two. You did custodial, how was it? From what I've read so far it isn't bad. I like the idea of the freedom to walk around the parks. I put it as a higher interest position on my application. Would you recommend it or no? What was the worst situation you found yourself in?

Custodial really isn't that bad. I worked in Epcot WS, and loved it. I got to see Illuminations every night (as well as the various shows around the countries), and it was very laidback.

I was accepted for main entrance operations spring advantage this morning!!! Anyone else get accepted for this role??

I was accepted this morning for Spring Advantage 2013! I will be a Vacation Planner! :DD

Congrats!

I was accepted this morning for Spring Advantage 2013! I will be a Vacation Planner! :DD

Congrats!!!!!! What kinds of questions did they ask you for Vacation Planner? Do you think it's a difficult role to get into? It's my number one choice!!;)

Congrats!!!!!! What kinds of questions did they ask you for Vacation Planner? Do you think it's a difficult role to get into? It's my number one choice!!;)

Hi! thank you! Right now I do ticket sales at my job, so they mostly asked me about how that relates. If I know how to up-sell and such. They also asked what I thought a Vacation Planner is, and what they do. I think it's important to mention how important of a role it is, and how they help explain the parks to confused guests!

It is a hard role to get. In my opinion, the hardest roles are BBB, Hospitality/concierge and Vacation Planner. Also Character Performer but that's an audition. I'm an alumni so I think that helped in my case.

Good luck!!!

Custodial really isn't that bad. I worked in Epcot WS, and loved it. I got to see Illuminations every night (as well as the various shows around the countries), and it was very laidback.

Oh that's good to hear. It's not my very first choice but I think that if I were to get this role I would be happy with it. =)

:hourglass :hourglass :hourglass Welp;
Passed the WBI ! :cool1: Now I'm anticipating the phone interview, mine is this Saturday , September 29 . I'm really excited ! Driving myself BONKERS . :(
Anywho , my top three choices are Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique hostess , character performer , and attractions . I totally fell in love with the idea of BBB ! *fingers crossed* Have any of you had your phone interview yet ?! Best of wishes ! x o x o

I had my interview on the 19th! I think it went decently enough, but I'm sure I could have done better. I applied for quite a few roles because I really am willing to do anything Disney gives me, but my top three were Attractions, BBB, and Merch. Now it's just a waiting game to find out if I'm accepted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter