• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring break - we're not in college anymore Toto - Feb 2018 TR

Okay, after some night shift work, I'm ready to get back to threads. I still have some replies on my own to do, but want to focus elsewhere for now.

We just got back yesterday.

Welcome back. It sucks, I know. We'd all rather be... there.

When you put this much time and energy, not to mention money into planning a trip, it's great to finally go.

I soooooo get that.

It's a long story why, but DW didn't go.

I hope you can share some! EEK!

Me (59 lbs lighter than I once was, but still another 50 or so to go):
doc1-jpg.305359

Well, looky there! I know that takes a lot of discipline and hard work! Congratulations on a job WELL done!

I did take a lot of pictures as well as having photo pass pictures, so bear (not to be confused with bare --- totally different concept) with me.

You might get in trouble from the Mods if you accidentally confused the two. ;)

So, new contest questions:
What was the second stop for?
a) souvenir
b) FL welcome center
c) car trouble
d) gift for mom

B

Overall, how was traffic?
a) horrible
b) okay
c) great

B

Nothing much to report for Friday evening except when the falcon heavy came by and gave us a really good boost to get us there faster. No, really! Mr Musk knew how much we like Disney and felt badly for our trip taking longer and sent us an assist. Not buying it? What if I said I had photographic proof? Alright, I'll confess, my photoshop skills aren't that good, so no pictures.

Not buying it. LOL!

So, I made the bacon

Mmmm, bacon!

Other than a trip to the hospital for treatment of my burns, Saturday was otherwise uneventful.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Ain't NO bacon worth that!

Considering my normal BP is 160 over 120,

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

No, my BP is not that...just wondering if Liesa fell out of her chair when she read that. :rotfl2:

Yes, you got me!

We see those on occasion when our patients are in a LOT of pain or they have to pee or they didn't take their Lisinopril that morning. Usually all 3.

All that waiting cost me at least 5 minutes. Don't these people know I'm going to Disney?

Beep, beep!!! GET OUTTA MY WAY!!

All in all, the most significant event was the giant eagle pooping on my windshield at 65 mph.

That was probably one gianta$$ splatter. Gross.

See above mentioned items, not to mention fresh ham and cheeses

Mmm! You know how to travel!

I often get called a smart *ss, but it's usually not in a manner where I believe they think I'm actually smart.

Me too!!!

I get called a dumb *ss

Hey!!! Me too!!!

:lmao:

I just threw a roll of quarters at the toll booth guy as I went by. I think initially he was mad at me, but soon realized that black eye was worth the $9 tip I'd just given him.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Okay, after some night shift work, I'm ready to get back to threads. I still have some replies on my own to do, but want to focus elsewhere for now.
Well, I feel honored you picked me! :yipee:
Whelp, I thought there was a yipee emoji, but I guess :yay: will have to suffice.

Welcome back. It sucks, I know. We'd all rather be... there.
Worse than a punctured lung suckage factor.

I soooooo get that.
I knew you would as well as the other folks following along. The ADRs are a TON of work and the FPs now are painful sometimes.

I hope you can share some! EEK!
Time will tell...

Well, looky there! I know that takes a lot of discipline and hard work! Congratulations on a job WELL done!
Thank you. It does take discipline, but seeing the results makes it easier to resist the occasional desire to "cheat".

You might get in trouble from the Mods if you accidentally confused the two. ;)
It's the same letters...just a different order...why all the fuss?

Noted

Not buying it. LOL!
It could happen!

Mmmm, bacon!
::yes:: This might give anyone else who decides to join in on the contest late an advantage, but none of you were even close on the number of times I had bacon. The cool thing is for the keto, bacon is good and I'm very happy about that. Me loves bacon!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Ain't NO bacon worth that!
Don't buy that one either. Yes, I got some splattering and some minor burns on my hand, but only one hurt significantly (between two fingers).

Last edited:

Well, I feel honored you picked me! :yipee:
Whelp, I thought there was a yipee emoji, but I guess :yay: will have to suffice.

That works.

Worse than a punctured lung suckage factor.

Getting closer.

I knew you would as well as the other folks following along. The ADRs are a TON of work and the FPs now are painful sometimes.

Yes. So much yes.

Thank you. It does take discipline, but seeing the results makes it easier to resist the occasional desire to "cheat".

The cool thing is, the longer you diet and change your eating habits, the easier it DOES get. When you get used to eating healthier or differently, you kinda start wanting that. At least for me.

It's the same letters...just a different order...why the fuss?

LOL!

::yes:: This might give anyone else who decides to join in on the contest late an advantage, but none of you were even close on the number of times I had bacon. The cool thing is for the keto, bacon is good and I'm very happy about that. Me loves bacon!

Bacon on everything!

Don't buy that one either. Yes, I got some splattering and some minor burns on my hand, but only one hurt significantly (between two fingers).

Ok, you got me.

I'm glad someone around her can appreciate my really bad attempts at humour.
I did and you have a really long way to go (and a short time to get there) to have humor worse than mine.
Well hopefully one of our Canadian or UK brethren/sistren will appreciate it since you used the British style of spelling that.

Jail would be a bad thing. Especially with no clothes on.
::yes::
Especially if the jail cell metal cot was half as hot as the tin roof we were replacing. No thanks, I'd rather not lay down...i'll just lean against this nice cool concrete wall and sleep.

No, thankfully, but I had to make sure to keep using sunscreen and/or find shade to hide in as often as possible.

::yes::

That's true...it ryhmes with Fonzie. Ayyyyyy!

Interesting... and... also interesting that you'd pick him. Used to be my here (heck... still is) and we share the same birthday.

It's all good...I thought I'd said pulling into the gas station not pulling up to the pumps, but then again, it was probably just me replaying it in my mind.

You may have. I also thought PR was 10 years younger.

Oh carp! I went from having #1 down pat, to sucking horribly at #1. Gee thanks!

:lmao:

No sir...I put in the PTR part she was 16 or 17 (or at least would be 17 during the trip). I would say I'm sure of it, but now it's been long enough, I need to go check.

You're probably right.

I am proud of myself, but yet sobered by the fact I ever getting that heavy to begin with. It's not something I want to share in a public forum, but the last several years have been horrible and my vice or escape was food (mostly sweets) and computers. When you're stuffing your face and sitting at a computer, not the most healthy lifestyle. That's why I tell people they can do keto when they say they love carbs. I'm telling them "If I can do it with my huge sweet tooth, you can do it!". The other thing about keto (and no, I don't think it's the holy grail of diets) is the food tastes good because oils/fats are flavor enhancers.

Interesting. And it's certainly working for you!

Joining in. :wave2:
:welcome:

Good to have you here.

I'm waiting one more day before I start posting more pictures and details, so if you want to jump into the contest (and more importantly, if you have time), feel free.

It's a tight race thus far and there will be more opportunities to catch the current leader. :wave: @pkondz.

:welcome:

Good to have you here.

I'm waiting one more day before I start posting more pictures and details, so if you want to jump into the contest (and more importantly, if you have time), feel free.

It's a tight race thus far and there will be more opportunities to catch the current leader. :wave: @pkondz.

Going back to read.

I really dropped the ball in keeping up on your PTR :guilty: But WELCOME BACK! And I'm going to do my absolute best to keep up now! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip :goodvibes

I really dropped the ball in keeping up on your PTR :guilty: But WELCOME BACK! And I'm going to do my absolute best to keep up now! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip :goodvibes
I'm so disappointed...I cannot fathom how you could have anything in your life more important than my PTR/TR. Sheesh!

Seriously, it's been a while since I've been over to yours too. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm not getting notifications for all the threads I follow, so I think I'm missing stuff because of that. We just got back on Sunday, so I'm furiously (no, I'm not mad), feverishly (no, I'm not running a temperature), steadily (that's it) going through pictures so I can get to the meat of the TR.

How's Ricky doing? Probably in your TR, so if you don't answer here, that's cool. I even have something in my TR for Chris...you'll see.

To make the point keeping easier, I'm changing 5 pointers to 1, 10 pointers to 2, etc.

So, new contest questions:
What was the second stop for?
a) souvenir
b) FL welcome center
c) car trouble
d) gift for mom

Overall, how was traffic?
a) horrible
b) okay
c) great

Late to the game but I'll guess b - welcome center and b - okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter